Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

First Preseason Game

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    I have to wait a long ass time, just to see tonights game. They always tape delay the game down here and it wont start till 6:30 my time which is 12:30 eastern time. :evil:

less than 4 hours until game time for me.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

First Preseason Game

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I still think the bronco's made a huge mistake giving up Portis. Sorry, but eventually shanahan is gonna have trouble running the ball. He isn't always gonna be able to find a guy to get him 1,200 yards. I believe they also lost one or two of their O-lineman this offseason. Should the chargers trade LT for charles woodson, or should the chiefs trade priest for chris mcallister, HELL NO. Those seem like about the same trades to me.
    I can understand Shanahan's faith in his system, though. Over the last 6 seasons, he's had 4 different backs rush for over 1000 yards. In 98, Davis ran for 2008 tds. In 99 Olandis Gary had 1159. In 2000, Mike Anderson had 1500. In 2001, Davis and Anderson split the carries 49%/51%, and combined for 1379. Then in 2002 and 2003, Portis led the team with 1568 and 1591, respectively. That's a lot of production for that amount of turnover in personel. He has a loaded backfield this year, and I'm expecting a RBBC approach that will probably get him his 1200 yards again.

Yeah, but at the same time I don't think you can say that since we have been able to run the ball good over the past 6 years, with whoever, that we will be able to do it every year. They had a franchise RB, who was definately top 3 in the league, and they let him go for a CB? CB's don't dictate a game, like a RB does, or champ bailey hasn't dictated a game like portis has. I am sure they will get 1200 from all their RB's combined, but that really isn't that good in the NFL. Look at all the rushing yards we had last year, way over 1200 from our committee. I think the trade hurt denver more than it helped.
    The Broncos can win with Garrison Hearst and Tatum Bell(who will be a stud by the way) and the others running the ball, they CANNOT win without a shut down CB - no one can.

Washington didn't win with a shutdown CB. A shutdown CB isn't as important to a team, than a star RB like portis is. The broncos are built on offense around a RB. They don't have the QB, and WR's to get by with an average rusing attack. Well, they are gonna have an average rushing attack with bell, hearst, and griffin. They will be no different than the redskin teams that bailey played on. I bet that the redskins have a better year then the bronco's do this year and I will put that all on the portis trade.

The broncos D with bailey, isn't gonna be that great, see my above post as too why I say this. Their offense without portis, is gonna be worse without a doubt. So they will be an average team at best. If they kept portis, then their offense could rely on him, now it will rely on a crappy QB, an old WR, and an underacheiving WR. Doesn't look good to me.
    Let me think...Ty Law...Antowain Smith and Kevin Faulk

Ricky Manning Jr and Terry Cousin...Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster

Who won?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

First Preseason Game

Who won?[/quote]

I also remember guys like marshall faulk winning the super bowl without a shutdown CB, same with terell davis. They were great RB, like portis and won without a shutdown CB. So there are examples both ways here.

Fact is football is a team sport and not one player at one position, no matter how good they are, can win a super bowl for a team. But I think that one of the leagues best RB will give you a much better chance of winning, than the best CB, especially when your D isn't gonna be that good anyways.

Also the patriots won the super bowl as a team and not because of the players you mentioned.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

First Preseason Game

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

Who won?

I also remember guys like marshall faulk winning the super bowl without a shutdown CB, same with terell davis. They were great RB, like portis and won without a shutdown CB. So there are examples both ways here.

Fact is football is a team sport and not one player at one position, no matter how good they are, can win a super bowl for a team. But I think that one of the leagues best RB will give you a much better chance of winning, than the best CB, especially when your D isn't gonna be that good anyways.

Also the patriots won the super bowl as a team and not because of the players you mentioned.[/quote]

More pointedly I was thinking about Ty Law vs. The Colts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12