Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Cool Firing Up Frazier

Sure it's great to have a calming influence in the locker room in times of potential panic. But what do we need when we just want our guys to go out and knock someone out, to play with fire and energy. When we want the team to go out and have fun just playing football. Some guys bring this themselves(see: Jared Allen,) but what about the ones who don't?

We don't need this every 30 seconds:

But this ain't gonna cut it every second of every game:

So, what can be done to fire up Frazier? The more ridiculous the better. We haven't had a fun thread like The Peterson/Chuck Norris facts in a while, so throw some crazy ideas out there.

Personally I think one of the best methods would be for ownership to lock Frazier in the facilities and get him hooked on meth, keep him happy all week and let the team prepare. But come Friday night, no more ice for Les. On Saturday you tell him, the only way you get your fix is to win tomorrow. You better believe he'll do anything to win that game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Anderson View Post
    Sure it's great to have a calming influence in the locker room in times of potential panic. But what do we need when we just want our guys to go out and knock someone out, to play with fire and energy. When we want the team to go out and have fun just playing football.
    So what you're saying is "this ain't gonna cut it every second of every game":

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Fans all want a coach that gets fired up, but in reality, that is overated. For every good coach that has fire, there are 10 coaches that are not successful. Personally, I think personality and coaching style is overated. It's x's and o's, knowledge of the game, leadership, able to evaluate talent, surrounding yourself with good people, clock management, etc.

superstar-coach-tom-landry-spotlighted-child
    Last edited by ConnecticutViking; 10-04-2011 at 06:32 AM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    While Frazier is not a volatile personality I am not sure that play would change if he did. I would like to see some guys on offense brig the fire and even the OC could do it if needed.

What they really lack is discipline and focus late in the game and that comes from good coaching and knowing their jobs.

Bill Belichik rarely gets fired up and he's one of the best coaches in history. Demeanor means nothing, it just makes it easier on the fans-so they can vent their frustrations through their teams coach.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Fans all want a coach that gets fired up, but in reality, that is overated. For every good coach that has fire, there are 10 coaches that are not successful.
    You could say that about literally every trait a coach could have. For every coach who's calm, there are 10 who are not successful. For every successful coach who wears a hat, there are 10 who are not successful.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Bill Belichik rarely gets fired up and he's one of the best coaches in history. Demeanor means nothing, it just makes it easier on the fans-so they can vent their frustrations through their teams coach.
    but the point is he does at times. He's not an overly loud or outspoken guy, but in the right situation he'll be there yelling at the players to get them going.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Alright, way to suck the fun out of everything.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    So, what can be done to fire up Frazier? The more ridiculous the better. We haven't had a fun thread like The Peterson/Chuck Norris facts in a while, so throw some crazy ideas out there.
    Lock him in a room with Marrdro, Caine, CMacD and Singer.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Alright, way to suck the fun out of everything.
    OK

Then how about trying this:

Last edited by Purple Floyd; 10-04-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast