Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FIRE TILLMAN!!!

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

FIRE TILLMAN!!!

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Yes, we do need a kicker...but no, do not use a first round pick on one. Nugent would be the number one kicker to draft but not in the 1st round. I'd say that if he's still available in the 3rd round then take him. If we drafted a kicker in the first and he crumbled in the big league, we would be second guessing that pick for a very long time. Eddie Johnson was a very good college punter. He sucked in the NFL. Who knows, probably Tillman's fault.
    You mean kind of like second guessing picking DE Underwood in the first round a few years back.....?
    Yes, the draft is a crapshoot but a kicker like nugent is proven in College, should be a great pick.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

FIRE TILLMAN!!!

Rusty Tillman should be FIRED today!!!

For 3 years we have been hearing how he is one of the best special teams coaches in the league and I have yet to see any proof of this.

Our special teams play has not gotten better over the last 3 years but worse, anybody could do as bad as this jackass!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it will send a message to everybody in the organization that their job could be next!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

FIRE TILLMAN!!!

Do you realize if we needed to kick a FG like the infamous Atlanta FG, we wouldn't be able to attempt it.

We don't even have a kicker to get it that far. We would probably have DC take a whack at it, cause Morty is not even going to try. His leg would fall off if he had to attempt a FG that long.

Point: If we have a FG of importance, we are screwed if it is longer than 42 yds. If it is under 7 sec on the clock we can't even run a nother play to get closer. He have to go for the end zone. Now this is a TICE decision more so than a Tillman decision. If he would have made the decision to find a kicker that could do both KOs and FGs it would make Tillmans job a little easier.

I am not defending Tillman as much as I am calling out Tice. Tice hired Tillman.

FIRE TILLMAN!!!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Rusty Tillman should be FIRED today!!!

For 3 years we have been hearing how he is one of the best special teams coaches in the league and I have yet to see any proof of this.

Our special teams play has not gotten better over the last 3 years but worse, anybody could do as bad as this jackass!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it will send a message to everybody in the organization that their job could be next!
    I think that the kickers are the Problem as much as the coach. Except for Berger, our kickers have been sub-par. Old ass kickers and now an Old ass punter. Their strength is gone along with their youth. Their disire to get a check outways their desire to keep improving, just part of getting older.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

FIRE TILLMAN!!!

It's not even the kicking or punting as much as the cover units and who and where they are on the field.

They are always trying new guys at coverage and it never gets better, and I blame that on Tillman and think that he is not the answer.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

FIRE TILLMAN!!!

I am just not seeing, except for long field goals, the problem with our kickers. I must be nuts.
    And YES, let draft Ted Nugent. If he can't kick it, he can shoot it with his bow. =P. Seriously, The only first round kicker I can think of was Ray Guy, and he WAS actually worth it. But, I bet they coulda got him in the third round, too.

FIRE TILLMAN!!!

"whackthepack" wrote:
    It's not even the kicking or punting as much as the cover units and who and where they are on the field.

They are always trying new guys at coverage and it never gets better, and I blame that on Tillman and think that he is not the answer.
    Injuries are playing a big part in the personel.

The lack of kicking it into the end zone or being able to kick it where you are suppose to also plays a huge part. The coverage guys know they need to get to a certain spot at a certain amount of time. When the timing and positioning is off then the coverage is off.

It isn't worth arguing about, all I can really be confident in saying is that the Special Teams are playing poorly. It sound like it could be a personel problem from your comments as much as a coaching problem.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

FIRE TILLMAN!!!

Wasn't Sebastian Janikowski a first rounder a few years ago for Oakland? I could be wrong but I thought they drafted him in the first and their punter (Lechler from Texas A&M) in the second round. Unless it was Janikowski in the 6th round and Lechler in the 7th.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

FIRE TILLMAN!!!

"UTVikfan" wrote:
    I am just not seeing, except for long field goals, the problem with our kickers. I must be nuts.
    And YES, let draft Ted Nugent. If he can't kick it, he can shoot it with his bow. =P. Seriously, The only first round kicker I can think of was Ray Guy, and he WAS actually worth it. But, I bet they coulda got him in the third round, too.
    I believe Janokowski went in the first to Oakland several years ago.
    As for the problems with our kickers. Look at the average starting point for the opposing teams we play compared to ours.
    Just look at Sundays game for the answer. The Lions kicked out butts on special teams not just for the return on opening kickoff for a TD, but on almost every kickoff.
    They had great field advantage, and were more apt to score easier than driving an additional 15-20 yards per possession.

A big time kicker would eliminate that.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

FIRE TILLMAN!!!

"XTAP59" wrote:
    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    I believe Janokowski went in the first to Oakland several years ago.
    As for the problems with our kickers. Look at the average starting point for the opposing teams we play compared to ours.
    Just look at Sundays game for the answer. The Lions kicked out butts on special teams not just for the return on opening kickoff for a TD, but on almost every kickoff.
    They had great field advantage, and were more apt to score easier than driving an additional 15-20 yards per possession.

A big time kicker would eliminate that.
    Those 20 yds are six more chances for our D to make a stop and keep the other team from scoring.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast