Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Prophet Guest

Fire Tice Part XXXVII

Before you get on my case for ripping on Tice I want to say that I have followed the Vikes for a long time and will follow them for decades to come. I was a season ticket holder at the old Met.

Tice has got to be the worse coach in the NFL, with the possible exception of Jim Haslett.

A few examples from the Eagles game:

1) The Vikings were trailing by 7 and called a punt at fourth and 4 on the Eagles 36, then went for a fourth and 22 from the Philadelphia 31. The next possession after going for the fourth and 22 they punted on fourth and 2. Now that makes perfect sense doesn't it?

2) The infamous botched field goal fake.

3) In the third quarter Philly was up 21-7 and a blitz was coming and Culpepper made the same signal to Moss that he made in the TD at Lambeau the week before. Philly's safety dropped back and covered Moss and Culpepper ended up running. Maybe the signals should be changed prior to the next playoff game when you know the opposing team will be analyzing the film with a fine-toothed comb.

4) The Vikes also played their corners way off the receivers, ignoring the history of the Panthers last year.

These points were brought up on TMQ, and they are all valid. Tice has no right being a head coach.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fire Tice Part XXXVII

"Prophet" wrote:
    Before you get on my case for ripping on Tice I want to say that I have followed the Vikes for a long time and will follow them for decades to come. I was a season ticket holder at the old Met.

Tice has got to be the worse coach in the NFL, with the possible exception of Jim Haslett.

A few examples from the Eagles game:

1) The Vikings were trailing by 7 and called a punt at fourth and 4 on the Eagles 36, then went for a fourth and 22 from the Philadelphia 31. The next possession after going for the fourth and 22 they punted on fourth and 2. Now that makes perfect sense doesn't it?

2) The infamous botched field goal fake.

3) In the third quarter Philly was up 21-7 and a blitz was coming and Culpepper made the same signal to Moss that he made in the TD at Lambeau the week before. Philly's safety dropped back and covered Moss and Culpepper ended up running. Maybe the signals should be changed prior to the next playoff game when you know the opposing team will be analyzing the film with a fine-toothed comb.

4) The Vikes also played their corners way off the receivers, ignoring the history of the Panthers last year.

These points were brought up on TMQ, and they are all valid. Tice has no right being a head coach.
    Points one and two are directly related to the fact that Tice chose to take Anderson instead of keeping a Conway that had a chance of kicking the distances needed in key situations. Those 2 missed FG opportunities could have made a difference going into halftime, 13 to 21.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Fire Tice Part XXXVII

I couldn't have said it better prophet. He has no organizational skills and he is too buddy buddy with the players. That makes for a sloppy and mistake riddled game.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    . Tice has no right being a head coach.
    [size=7px][/size]

Yeah he only finished better than 24 other teams and coachs. Being in
    the final 8 is just unexceptable. Fire him? why not off with his head??
    :roll:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [size=7px][/size]

Maybe Prophet was a little bit harsh.

But all I wish is that Tice would stop acting like a Tool and start acting like a competent coach.

I've been thinking Mr.Hand,
    If your here.... and I'm here.... isn't it our time.

Tice is getting an education on our time. We should be winning more games and playing to our potential, regardless of whether or not we make it to the play-offs.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Fire Tice Part XXXVII

Tice has won on talent alone. He has not won one game by his skills as a coach. Who couldn't win eight games with the talent the Vikes have. Let's start with the O - DC, Moss, Wiggins, Burleson, Bennett, O Smith, Birk, & McKinnie. The D names like K. Will., Udeze, Thomas, Winfield, Chavous, Claiborne, EJ, & Johnstone. Not hall of famers but very good talent; as good as the elite teams in this league.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Fire Tice Part XXXVII

Uh Oh, here we go again!!!

LOL

JK!!!!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Fire Tice Part XXXVII

Good players tark, but WAY too man holes to be considered among the elite teams.

Prophet Guest

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [size=7px][/size]

LMAO, if you're satisfied with making it to the playoffs then he may be the guy for you. A coach should demand excellence...always. On and off the field. The team should be focused on winning the bid dance from day one. Making the playoffs is no big deal. Even though the Vikings have never won the Superbowl they have one of the winningest franchises in the NFL. They need an experienced coach that uses his noggin during the game.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Fire Tice Part XXXVII

We can only hope that Tice evaluates the way he handles his organizational skills and his management of the team and players. Because the formula we had the past 2 years is obviously not working.

I am not a Tice hater. I just hope that he can put his act together.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast