Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Finding out the kind of Viking fan are on PP.O

"VikingMike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I found this to be a "interesting" read just because I can virtually tell you the age of every person depending on their answers.
    I checked several of them out by clicking on their profile and I was right every time!
    ;D

Ummmmm, let me guess...you are over 50 too?
    ;D
    Yup! LOL Actually Mike, you were one of the first ones I noticed and I said that guy's 50 or older and then I started playing around with it. I was ONLY looking at the favorite all time Viking players.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

1. What are your top 3-5 favorite Viking players of current roster?
    Adrian Peterson
    Darren Sharper
    Sidney Rice
    Kevin Williams
    EJ Henderson

2. What are your top 3-5 favorite Viking players of All-Time?
    Randy Moss
    Daunte Culpepper (until the incident)
    Cris Carter
    Randall Cunningham
    Robert Smith

3. What are your top 1-3 favorite players never on a Vikings roster (guys you enjoy(ed) watching, admire, respect, etc.)?
    Old School:
    Jerry Rice
    Barry Sanders
    Deion Sanders

New School:
    TO
    Chad Johnson
    Peyton Manning

4. What is your favorite Vikings coach of All-Time?
    Dennis Green

5. What is your favorite Vikings team (the year) of All-Time?

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    I found this to be a "interesting" read just because I can virtually tell you the age of every person depending on their answers.
    I checked several of them out by clicking on their profile and I was right every time!
    ;D

;D
    Yup! LOL Actually Mike, you were one of the first ones I noticed and I said that guy's 50 or older and then I started playing around with it. I was ONLY looking at the favorite all time Viking players.
    Interesting stuff, Cojo.

So what would you say is the average age that most people choose their favorite Vikings players? I know mine were from when I was around 7-12 years old or so.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    ;D
    Even for me?
    I thought I gave a pretty wide view with respect to players I liked.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"aaeyers" wrote:

Ouch, no respect at all for the kickers. Thats why they are the only pure skill position on the field. Every other football player relies on their physical abilities to dominate their opponent. You think lineman are 'skill' players?? It doesn't take much skill to line up in front of someone and try to knock them to the ground. Sure there are certain techniques and I am by no means saying it is easy, but its a job where physical superiority rules over skill.

Obviously you have never tried to kick a football 50+ yards. It takes years of practice just to be able to kick a soccer ball over 50 yards, and a football is a whole different story. A football is designed to be aerodynamic when thrown in a spiral, not when kicked end over end. And to get it into an 18 and a half foot wide area over that distance is quite a feat. At that distance, if you miss your mark on the ball by even half a millimeter, your kick will be wide by 5 yards. Not to mention having to control the spin on the ball according to the wind to keep a straight trajectory.

And you think that only being called upon a half dozen times a game makes it easier? It is far harder to come off the bench and have to perform every time. Most lineman give up around 10 sacks a year, thats a play where they completely failed. If a kicker missed 10 kicks in a season, they would be out of a job. They are expected to perform on a near perfect basis whenever they are called upon. Can you imagine the pressure a kicker faces when kicking a game winning kick? Games are won and lost on the foot of the kicker, and you say they are irrelevant.

And why should kickers excel at tackling? Thats not what they are paid to do. There are ten other players who are paid to do just that, thats their job and responsibility. You don't expect the quarterback to make every tackle when he throws an interception do you? Just because they aren't jacked up on steroids or can't run a 4.3 forty doesn't make them any less important to the football team.

There is a reason that Adam Vinatieri has more superbowl rings than any other active player. In every one of those seasons, he made a game winning kick in the playoffs or in the superbowl that carried his team to the next round. If you think that kickers and punters aren't important to the team, or that what they do isn't difficult, you go try to kick an oblong ball 60 yards knowing that you singlehandedly will decide the outcome of the game.

Oh and BTW, I am not and never have been a kicker.
    Damn, that was a pretty convincing post.

Perhaps my new favorite vikings player will be Kluwe!
    He can make a tackle too.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    ;D

;D
    Interesting stuff, Cojo.

So what would you say is the average age that most people choose their favorite Vikings players? I know mine were from when I was around 7-12 years old or so.
    I would say from about 7 to 15 because younger boys are still highly influenced by their fathers and would choose the same players their father's like who are probably at that time 30-40.
    But to blow that theory apart, my dad never liked football much and never followed the Vikings. He was more of a U of MN football fan. So my favorites come from when I was about 25-35 years of age. Back when the Vikings were loaded with good talent and under Bud Grant was almost always in the hunt for a Super Bowl berth.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

1. What are your top 3-5 favorite Viking players of current roster?
    AD
    AW
    Pat Williams
    Farwell
    Hutch
    Honorable mention for EJ and CT.

2. What are your top 3-5 favorite Viking players of All-Time?

Fran Tarkenton
    Chris Carter
    Chuck Foreman
    Joey Browner (Sho 'Nuf)
    Matt Blair
    Scott Studwell

3. What are your top 1-3 favorite players never on a Vikings roster (guys you enjoy(ed) watching, admire, respect, etc.)?

Walter Payton - here's another tally for you Zeus.. definitely the RB I respected the most in the league.
    Not just because of his skill but because of how he played the game.
    The 275 yds against us is still a vivid image for me.
    Jerry Rice -- Elite of his position
    Joe Namath - Maybe it was just his legs, the dude had character
    Earl Campbell - His power was awesome
    Barry Sanders - Maybe the most entertaining guy I've seen run the ball.
    Not to cheat the defensive guys;
    Steel curtain -- epitomized football, blood, mud, missing teeth
    The Youngbloods and Fred Dryer (aka Hunter) from the Rams
    LT -- redefined the position
    Ronnie Lott -- ouch

4. What is your favorite Vikings coach of All-Time?
    Got to be Bud, maybe the Chiller can change that

5. What is your favorite Vikings team (the year) of All-Time?
    '76 team had the most impact on defining the Vikings franchise, got to put my vote here

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910