Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    His physical skill set is pretty similar to Joe Webb. If both of them can develop as receivers it would present some amazing mismatches for defenses. Heck if either one can develop as a reciever it would present a mismatch.
    I'm ready for Randy Moss 2.0.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I like Patterson a lot. The one thing that scares me a little bit is his habit of running backwards when he is trying to make a big play. In college that was often rewarded because players' discipline broke down, and the extra couple of seconds he bought with a cut back would open up a lane. That isn't going to fly in the NFL. Defenders are going to maintain their discipline a lot better, and cutting back 5 yards is going to result in a loss of 5 yards.
    Yeah, that seemed to have worked terrible for Barry Sanders

... I know what you mean though, but like many players do when they turn pro, Patterson will also learn to quickly adjust.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I like Patterson a lot. The one thing that scares me a little bit is his habit of running backwards when he is trying to make a big play. In college that was often rewarded because players' discipline broke down, and the extra couple of seconds he bought with a cut back would open up a lane. That isn't going to fly in the NFL. Defenders are going to maintain their discipline a lot better, and cutting back 5 yards is going to result in a loss of 5 yards.

Eli Manning used to have a similar bad habit - in college he would scramble backwards buying time for a receiver to get open. He did it in the NFL for several years, often resulting in double digit yard sacks.

Patterson definitely has the moves, he just needs to refine them a bit to work with at this level.
    I went through years of frustration watching Darrin Nelson do the same thing while Marcus Allen was running his way into the HOF.

Why Minnesota Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson Has 'Bust' Written All over Him

Wide receivers, in general, take longer to develop than most positions. They have a significant amount of learning to do at the NFL level. They need to learn how to get off the line of scrimmage, specifically beat press-man coverage, not to give away their routes while running them and then to determine what their route will be based off of cornerback and safety leverage.

And that's all on just one play.

It's why many wide receivers struggle transitioning from college to the pros. It's also why the bust rate is higher than at any other position. But can Patterson defy this pattern of misfortune?

I have my doubts.
    Why Minnesota Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson Has 'Bust' Written All over Him | Bleacher Report

Leave it to B/R...

I'm excited to see what he can do in the NFL. Has so much potential. Really hope he pans out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12