Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: FINALLY Vikes on UK tv live

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    So are you guys the only people in the bars watching American football or have there been pretty good turn outs for the games in Scotland, the UK and and where else over in Europe? Is it getting more or less popular?
    Its on TV here - satellite channel on Sunday evening for a double header and live on terrestrial TV for the Sunday night game and MNFgame to.

There used to be good turn outs for the NFLE teams here - especially the Claymores after the Monarchs franchise was moved. However money talked- as ever and the Claymores franchise was moved to Germany as well. Amsterdam is the only non-german team in the NFL deutchland .. sorry I mean NFL Europe.
    At the moment I think its slightly less popular now in the UK than it was when we first saw it on TV starting back in '82, however the audience now is more knowledgeable about the game than then. You're now starting to get second generation fans coming through as their parents bring them up with the game.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Good deal on getting the game!!!

Where have your other UK compatriots been hiding? Bart and English Vike are non-existent here lately?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

kansas_man54 is offline Rookie

I'm just happy that i at least have access to this puter every now and then. I occasionally get to watch the highlights the next day, and i'm gonna' try and get up early to watch the MNF game at 5am/tuesday. It'll be the first and only game i'll get to watch more than likely. Thank god i'm at an army camp now. They get all the good stuff that marines would kill for! Anyways, i hope the game turns good and we can bounce back to .500. I think our defense is starting "click" finally. Just gotta' keep on building on what we see. Well, take it easy everybody and for all of our european counterparts...enjoy the game and drink a couple lager's for me!
    "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanist bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"----Eleanor Roosevelt

harris58 is offline Waterboy

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Man all I have to say is I'm glad I live in Minnesota! Glad you guys are able to see this one.

indeed so am i

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"harris58" wrote:
    "WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    Man all I have to say is I'm glad I live in Minnesota! Glad you guys are able to see this one.

indeed so am i
    I cant wait to move back to Minnesota! hopefully just a couple more ways :grin:

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

hollyk17 is offline Waterboy

I also live in Iowa and the cheeseheads are the reason I get to watch my vikings. It is chiefs network here so it is rare I get to watch. I am moving to Minnesota in the next 2 months and can't wait till next year when I can watch every game!!!!!!

Holly

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

What can I say, just finished watching the game poor first half but pulled it around in the second. Was worried that the phantom holding call was going to kill us but held in there. Not quite the explosive offence of last year (like i didn't know that), but the D was a lot better than I was expecting and the special teams look good. Brad showed a lot of experience and will not force something that isn't there, and in this game at least the running game kept the chains moving. All in all first UK live TV game of the season (even though its now tuesday night) to beat the pack on the last play doesn't get any better. Just got to catch those pesky bears now :grin:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123