Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie444 is offline Starter

Finally, someone who knows...

Good predictions for the NFC (link on bottom).
    Finally someone who knows the Bears won't win OUR division.

NFC NORTH

SNEAK PEEK – New faces make up the NFC North division as three of the four teams enter 2006 with new head coaches.

In Minnesota, Brad Childress takes over the reigns of a team once surrounded by controversy. From the love boat incident, to the wiz-anator, the Vikings off-field actions have been comparable to a high school football team. However, the off-season has brought quite a few changes to the team, including several prominent upgrades on defense and major improvements on the offensive line. If the team is able to jell early, they could come out on top of the division.

The biggest surprise in 2005 was the Chicago Bears, who emerged from the cellar to claim the NFC North crown. The main reason for their success was the play of their defense, which should continue to dominate. However, question marks at quarterback and health issues at running back may bring the Bears back down to earth a bit. Although they will be in the playoff hunt come December, don’t expect the same outcome from last season.

Brett Favre will be returning to the frozen tundra once again, but that may not be good news if you’re a Packers fan. Sure Favre has become a legend in Green Bay the past decade, the future of the Packers success will fall on the progress of Aaron Rodgers. The team is clearly in a rebuilding mode under first year coach Mike McCarthy and in order to move that process along Rodgers needs more playing time, which won’t happen as long as Favre is still around. With #4 still under center, the cheese-heads will get one last hooray, but don’t expect this team to compete for a playoff spot.

The most disappointing team this decade could very well be the Detroit Lions. Since the turn of the century, the Lions have won more than five games in a season only once. Their record during that five year stretch has been 21-59, that is the worst in the league. Head Coach Rod Marinelli takes over a squad loaded with underachievers, who are talented, but have yet to live up to their potential. The list includes players like Kevin Jones, Mike Williams, Charles Rogers and Boss Bailey, to name a few. Marinelli should motivate the team enough to play at a higher level, but like any puzzle, it will take time for these pieces to come together.

(OUTLOOK: *Vikings (9-7), Bears (8-8), Packers (5-11), Lions (4-12) - With all the scandals surrounding the Vikings last season, they were still able to finish above .500. Chicago will battle to defend their title, but in the end, Minnesota should come out on top in the North.)

http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/articles/index.php?id=59

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Finally, someone who knows...

its so much of a crp shoot with the division. As much asI want the Vikes to win it is basically between the Bears an us

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Couldn't this have gone in a thread with other media predictions?

I've seen more than one & probably posted them, where MN is favored to take the division.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Rookie444 is offline Starter

"singersp" wrote:
    Couldn't this have gone in a thread with other media predictions?

I've seen more than one & probably posted them, where MN is favored to take the division.
    it could've...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

this is how i see the division breaking down. just the packers wont have 3 wins and the lions might get to 6
    We're bringing purple back.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

At least if he is going to bring up the Whizzinator he could have looked up the proper spelling.

Don't they make it a habit of hiring reporters that have a command of the english language anymore? Or at least know how to hit the spell check icon.

jdxdn99 is offline Waterboy

I read predictions today on fox sports.
    They have the packers finishing ahead of us.

Bears 11-5
    Packers 7-9
    Vikings 6-10
    Lions 6-10

I can't understand how any one could come up with that.

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

"jdxdn99" wrote:
    I read predictions today on fox sports.
    They have the packers finishing ahead of us.

Bears 11-5
    Packers 7-9
    Vikings 6-10
    Lions 6-10

I can't understand how any one could come up with that.
    wow, I just lost all respect for Fox Sports.
    No way the Pack comes close to winning 7 games.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

VikLloyd is offline Training Camp

Dude i am so sick of writers riding the bears so hard for they constantly have these breakout years then fall right back into the cellar yet again now dont get me wrong they have a very talented defense but cmon their is no QB on that roster that can take a team deep in the playoffs so it should be good to see how far they ACTUALLY go.
    T-Jack is a god!!!!!!!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

9-7 is an understandable estimate for the vikings, expect a solid finish with some of the easier games at the end of the schedual..

i dont see the bears doing worse then 8-8 if they're healthy

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast