Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    carolinafan is offline Rookie

Finally saw some highlights of the game..............

Is it just me, or did it look like Troy had to slow down to catch his TD pass from Culpepper? There's no telling how bad he'll be beating DB's deep as he progresses.... just hope he doesn't always have to slow down to keep from out running the ball. This happened to him a bunch in college (QB couldn't throw it far enough).

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Finally saw some highlights of the game..............

I don't think he did. Looks like he hit him in stride.

I dont know about that, I personally thought C-Pep made a heck of a throw, put it ride where it had to be.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Yes, the gap appeared to close...not sure if he adjusted to the ball or what but he caught it PERFECTLY in stride, which I like to see....just enough to carry him into the endzone.

I was impressed, it seemed he caught anything thrown his way...but those balls were thrown well. I saw a lot of misfires to MRob today, anybody else notice that?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

I thought it was a perfect pass. Even more impressive was how well and quick he secured the ball after the catch, the DB tried to knock it out.

Great game. Not one weakness, IMO.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    Yes, the gap appeared to close...not sure if he adjusted to the ball or what but he caught it PERFECTLY in stride, which I like to see....just enough to carry him into the endzone.

I was impressed, it seemed he caught anything thrown his way...but those balls were thrown well. I saw a lot of misfires to MRob today, anybody else notice that?
    I'm not extremely impressed with M Robinson.

The "bomb" he caught today, why did he stop and turn around to catch the ball?? That made no sence to me. If he had kept running under it and caught it like Williamson grabbed his, he would have had six himself.

Then there was another one in the endzone where it bounced off his hand, -but he didn't even jump for it.

All I'm saying is what we all know, he's an "underachiever". (and slow) :grin:

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

The "bomb" he caught today, why did he stop and turn around to catch the ball?? That made no sence to me. If he had kept running under it and caught it like Williamson grabbed his, he would have had six himself.

Then there was another one in the endzone where it bounced off his hand, -but he didn't even jump for it.

I agree with Robinson being somewhat of an underachiever, he isn't agressive enough. On that one throw, Culpepper underthrew him, thats why he had to slow down...if it was 10 yards longer it would have been housed.

I really like how Culpepper got Williamson on that go route...it was perfect and we stretched the defense which is what we need.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

ShiFtY is offline Rookie

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:

The reason he stopped and went around is because he caught the ball facing the defender, and you cant run backwards.

If he turns around he'll get barely 3 yards for the defender will be on his tail.

If Cpep through that ball 3 yards farther, it would be 6 points on the board.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

And the pass to M-Rob was a little to the out side, couple yards farther and to the inside and it is a TD.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah, looked like he hit him in stride to me too! It's not like Daunte's never thrown to a fast receiver before! I think he knows what he's doing!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast