Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Finally the answer on Koren ....

The Committee Is Coming

By Viking Update Staff
    Date: Sep 8, 2005

Mike Tice said the magic words that send cringes down the spine of many fans Wednesday -- running back by committee.

Acknowledging that he is a "fantasy football owner's nightmare," Mike Tice told the media assembled at Winter Park Wednesday that the Vikings will run a RB rotation with Michael Bennett and Mewelde Moore leading the way, followed by Moe Williams and Ciatrick Fason.

Tice, perhaps using more gamesmanship to prevent the Buccaneers for preparing for a single RB, said all of the running backs will get work -- although Bennett said he was on the assumption that he was starting and would see significant action.

It's yet another reversal in policy at RB, where Bennett was handed the starting job, but, when he went down with a neck injury, Tice not only counted him out of the final preseason game, but announced Moore would start.

Confused? Get used to it. It might go on the rest of the season this way at running back.

THURSDAY NOTES
    * From the Will They Ever Learn Department comes this: in a futile attempt to recreate the noise in the Metrodome, the Bucs have been piping artificial noise to prepare for the Metrodome crowd.
    * Offensive lineman Anthony Herrera has been ruled out Sunday's game due to a staph infection.
    * Koren Robinson was given No. 18. He isn't going to be active this week and may not be ready for the second game at Cincinnati.
    * Robinson's first duty with the team will be a kick returner.
    * TE Jim Kleinsasser was on the injury report as probable with groin issue. But he is expected to play.

... I have a feeling K.Rob will be in this role for awhile. Since Howry cant do squat and Tice has to defend the Moss trade and give T.Will time on the field.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Finally the answer on Koren ....

It says Robinson won't be ready to play this week, but his first duty will be returning kicks.

What's so complicated about that?? Catch the ball and run towards your team!

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    It says Robinson won't be ready to play this week, but his first duty will be returning kicks.

What's so complicated about that?? Catch the ball and run towards your team!
    Tell that to Dante' Hall and Eddie Drummond.

SamDawg84 Guest

jimmy better be alright!!! he is 1 of my fav. player and 1 heck of a player too....

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

NOT RUNNING BACK BY COMMITEE! NO.

I really want to have a clear starter. I don't care if they give each of our RB's a chance to show what they have got week 1 but I want a clear starter named within the next two weeks following week one. I am tired of our RB's having no confidence because they don't know if they are going to be the 1st of 5th running back on the depth chart the next week.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I think the RB by commitee will only last for a few weeks.. And one of our backs will emerge.. Im actaully kinda happy about this because MM will get his shot to get on the field and prove himself.. As long as the running game doesn't suffer too bad im happy with it

As for K-rob i'm happy he is getting a shot! Keep at it buddy.. In no time he will be getting TD grabs left and right for us

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Its amazing how things have changed from the statements Tice was making during FA and the draft about how we were going to become a smash mouth running team. :roll: That's one of the problems I have with him as a coach. He doesn't make a decision and then stick with it. That's why our game planning is so weak IMO.

WWBGD

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"RK" wrote:
    Its amazing how things have changed from the statements Tice was making during FA and the draft about how we were going to become a smash mouth running team. :roll: That's one of the problems I have with him as a coach. He doesn't make a decision and then stick with it. That's why our game planning is so weak IMO.
    Making a decision in the spring and sticking to it no matter the circumstances is an excellent way to lead yourself to a BAD gameplan. Look at the Randy Ratio. The key to gameplanning is to work with what you have.

Our O-line is weaker without Birk, all our running backs are coming off minor injuries, and our passing game has been awesome.

Give me one good reason why we should run a smash mouth running gameplan.

Do what works.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SamDawg84" wrote:
    jimmy better be alright!!! he is 1 of my fav. player and 1 heck of a player too....
    Here ya go SamDawg! I pulled this off the Trib. Gives ya a warm fuzzy don't it?

• Tice said tight end Jim Kleinsasser has made great strides this week in recovering from reconstructive surgery on his right knee. Kleinsasser strained his left groin during practice Monday, but Tice said Friday, "He's looked better in practice this week than at any point since training camp started."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with both Italion and RK.

RK you have a point because Tice is just inconsistant all the way around.

Italion, you are correct, the situation has changed and he has to make the adjustment.

I am glad that koren will be returning for us. I hope we get him in there ASAP. And I hope he does a above average job at it. I don't want him to fall of the ship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast