Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Final Predictions: Vikings Vs Steelers

The difference comes down to coaching. Tomlin> Chilly.

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    i dont know if you can tomlin is a better coach than chilly. before you think anything, this is coming a guy who really never liked the chiller. the only reason i said that you cant say tomlin is better, is cuz Pitt has a "system" thats been there for years and carried on with cowher. chilly inherited a disaster and did turn it around. the question i would ask is if tomlin can do a better job than chilly with what he was inherited with? or is he going to be the next raheem morris? or is he gonna be the next Tony Dungy?

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Mike Tomlin knows whats up.
    I loved that guy and was deeply upset when we did not promote him.
    He just seems like a hell of a guy to play for.
    He has a passion for the game.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Mike Tomlin knows whats up.
    I loved that guy and was deeply upset when we did not promote him.
    He just seems like a hell of a guy to play for.
    He has a passion for the game.
    I was hoping for cancer week he'd bust out the pink puffy jacket.
    He could pull it off.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I hate to say this but my guy says:
    30-17 Steelers....we really have no secondary and the cover 2 is sucking....can only bend and not break so many times. I hope im wrong /crosses toes

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

"Sajid28" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    i dont know if you can tomlin is a better coach than chilly. before you think anything, this is coming a guy who really never liked the chiller. the only reason i said that you cant say tomlin is better, is cuz Pitt has a "system" thats been there for years and carried on with cowher. chilly inherited a disaster and did turn it around. the question i would ask is if tomlin can do a better job than chilly with what he was inherited with? or is he going to be the next raheem morris? or is he gonna be the next Tony Dungy?
    So inheriting
    9-7 is a disaster? Id give JA and Childress to Pitt for Tomlin, would even throw in TJoke for good luck )

this game has been on my mind since the start of the season and even more so since the 49ers game. the vikings definitely have the momentum coming into this game. Practically every "expert" gives the steelers the edge but i dont. this will, like last week, be a very close game and has the potential to come down to something similar to last weeks as well. If Winfield doesnt play, which it looks like he wont, i believe that Benny Sapp (Shout out to Northern Iowa, i go there and Benny went there) will do well in that spot considering he has been getting the reps all week rather than just sittin the bench. the reason Paymah didnt do so hot last week when Winfield went down was because he wasnt prepared to play, he'll be more prepaired this week. Troy Palomalu is back but he hit his knee last week which was sore for a while, meaning that it is probably still bothering him a little bit. Brett Favre has the experience to get the job done, he has beaten better teams and he didnt have the leagues best running back behind him back then. Adrian will find the holes and has the potential to be the first person to rush for 100 yards against the steelers in 24 games. this will be a true nail-biter and one that could put minnesota on the map without question, i believe hat if the vikings win this game that there wont be much stopping us from getting to 12 or 13 win mark, maybe even the 14 or 15 win mark. i wont say the team will go undefeated because that is very unlikely but it is still a slight possibility if they win tomorrow. i predict a close one with a few turnovers from both teams. vikings pull it out but only barely. skol vikings!

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"CCthebest" wrote:
    I hate to say this but my guy says:
    30-17 Steelers....we really have no secondary and the cover 2 is sucking....can only bend and not break so many times. I hope im wrong /crosses toes
    Not too big of a surprise coming from Negative Nancy :'(, but you have reason to worry this time.

I think it is going to be a very tight game coming down to the last quarter, and maybe the last drive.
    I do think that our defense will struggle against their passing game, but I also feel they will have tough time defending our balanced attack.
    The smart thing to do is keep the Steelers offense off the field by having long scoring drives.
    Should be a great game.

I'm thinking 34-31 or somewhere close to that.
    Either team could win, but I'll pick the Vikes of course.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:
    "Sajid28" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    So inheriting
    9-7 is a disaster? Id give JA and Childress to Pitt for Tomlin, would even throw in TJoke for good luck )
    I wish people would stop using that 9-7 team as a source to say Chilly took over a winning team. It is extremely misleading.
    Their schedule that year was a joke.
    Their team was in shambles.
    Since that year they had a huge turn over of personnel and changed their offensive and defensive systems.

Tomlin is a good coach and my post isn't about saying he is better or worse than Chilly.
    What I am trying to say is that 9-7 team wasn't that good at all.
    They were lucky to be 9-7.
    It should not be used as a justification that Childress took over a team that was good.

VikingLance is offline Starter

Good Morning everyone.
    Vikings @ Steelers.
    This is a tough one.
    Conventional wisdom would be that the Steelers will win this one because historically this is a game that the Vikings lose.
    But this is a different Vikings squad.
    I think that the Vikings continue to score 30+ points.
    The big question is the defense.
    I think last weeks scare is enough motivation for them to play consistent this week.
    The secondary will be targeted, and probably burned once or twice, but I think they will do alright today.
    This game will probably be won by the last team holding the ball.
    Having said that, I think the Vikings score often and early, and hold the Steelers under 30 points.
    The defense will sack Rothlisberger 4+ times, and score on a pick or fumble as well.

Vikings 35-Steelers 27

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast