Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    To be fair, however, you should acknowledge that NO ONE is going to lead us on a Play-off run. We simply don't have the firepower to make that type of impact. So, using that as justification to cut Sage is a bit...empty.

However, since we don't have that firepower, and we desperately need to acquire or develop it (or hope it drops into our laps), keeping Sage as a "mentor" seems rather pointless. It makes more sense to push toward youth and see who comes out on top.

After all, at this point we LITERALLY have nothing to lose.

Caine
    Like I said, MBT has upside, Sage does not.

Besides, what is the quality of "mentoring" a 12 start, 6 win QB can provide?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Vikings Blog | A Glance At Vikings Practice Squad

I for one, like what they did this year. Would have like to see Arcenuex (sp) pan out but like the big kids they kept on the PS. Additionally, Frampton was a unheralded standout on ST's but don't think that is a reason to keep him on the team.

One of the issues I've seen with this team the last 8 or 9 years. They always seem to try to keep a couple of ST'r aces on the roster instead of using those valuable spots for young players to develop as depth behind the older vets.

Again, nice roster, lots of untapped potential. Lets see what the coaches can do with that talent/potential.

On a side note. Sure would love to see K-dubb and Whinny moved this year. Time for their Viking days to end. I'd lump guys like Evans in that mix but he isn't worth anything. His ass just needs to be sent packing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

He comes to a Vikings team that doesn't have such a luxury and was immediately moved to No. 2 on the depth chart behind RCB
    Look for A.J. Jefferson to have immediate impact on Vikings - Arizona Cardinals - CBSSports.com RapidReports

Already moving up the depth chart. Won't be long and he will beat out Whinny. LOL

JK, this is the type of DB we need to run the press zone I thought they were going to try to run last year. Again, can't say how much I like this signing.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Let’s take a look at the Vikings unofficial depth chart heading into the season-opener…
    Vikings Blog | (Unofficial) Depth Chart: Guideline More Than Rule

Only spot I don't like going into the season is DT. For the life of me I just don't see why they think they can fill the void left by Phat Pat with nothing but 3 and 5 techniques. Someone help me understand that.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Vikings Blog | (Unofficial) Depth Chart: Guideline More Than Rule

Only spot I don't like going into the season is DT. For the life of me I just don't see why they think they can fill the void left by Phat Pat with nothing but 3 and 5 techniques. Someone help me understand that.
    Maybe cause they are smarter than you and do this for a living.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    [URL="http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rapid-reports/post/20048742"]

Look for A.J. Jefferson to have immediate impact on Vikings - Arizona Cardinals - CBSSports.com RapidReports

Already moving up the depth chart. Won't be long and he will beat out Whinny. LOL

JK, this is the type of DB we need to run the press zone I thought they were going to try to run last year. Again, can't say how much I like this signing.
    Why would he beat out a guy who should be playing the nickel spot. If anything, hopefully AJ shines and Winfield can move to where he belongs.

LOL now you want to run press LOL! That wasn't your tune a couple years ago when I was preaching it. My have things changed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123