Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

With fiery Tomlin in Pittsburgh, Vikings turn to quiet Frazier to run defense

[size=13pt]With fiery Tomlin in Pittsburgh, Vikings turn to quiet Frazier to run defense[/size]

Posted 11h 10m ago

By Jon Krawczynski, AP Sports Writer

MANKATO, Minn. — It sure is quiet on the defensive side of the ball during Minnesota Vikings training camp these days...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: With fiery Tomlin in Pittsburgh, Vikings turn to quiet Frazier to run defense

Nice read.
    It appears we have a fine group of coaches under the Chiller again this year (Frazier/Rogers/Bevell and that guy coaching he WR).

Sure hope they don't get in the way of the Vets teaching all these young guys how to play the game.
    (Sorry couldn't resist a bit of sarcasim/levity
    ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

TeamSoftware is offline Rookie

Re: With fiery Tomlin in Pittsburgh, Vikings turn to quiet Frazier to run defense

"But obviously he's a good coach and he did a good job. You oversee that. You don't micromanage that."
    -- Childress
    Lets just hope Childress gives the offensive coaches a bit more freedom and hopefully the offense won't be so predictable this year.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: With fiery Tomlin in Pittsburgh, Vikings turn to quiet Frazier to run defens

I think the Vikes were might fortunate to get Frazier. I can't figure out why he left the Colts for a lateral position unless it was a matter of more money.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Json is offline GM

I think the Vikes were might fortunate to get Frazier. I can't figure out why he left the Colts for a lateral position unless it was a matter of more money.
    Because Minnesota is the place to be silly
    ;D

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Frazier as a ex DB will improve our Tampa-2 style defense. We will improve our pass defense as we have a abundant amount of new DB's Edwards, McCauley, Gordon, and Whitaker all fighting for spots on the roster. Our DE's will get better pressure this year with a good rotation of Scott, Mitchell, Edwards, Smith, and the rookie Robison spelling our starters Udeze and James. We already will have a pocket collapsing pair of DT's. So we should get plenty of pressure on the opposing QB this year. That should translate into more turn-overs, and more short field chances for our offense.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I just can't wait to see the blitzing that Frazier is known for!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Frazier as a ex DB will improve our Tampa-2 style defense. We will improve our pass defense as we have a abundant amount of new DB's Edwards, McCauley, Gordon, and Whitaker all fighting for spots on the roster. Our DE's will get better pressure this year with a good rotation of Scott, Mitchell, Edwards, Smith, and the rookie Robison spelling our starters Udeze and James. We already will have a pocket collapsing pair of DT's. So we should get plenty of pressure on the opposing QB this year. That should translate into more turn-overs, and more short field chances for our offense.
    I'm not so sure about that. K-will yes, Phat Pat, not so sure.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: With fiery Tomlin in Pittsburgh, Vikings turn to quiet Frazier to run defens

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Cojo, Ron Meeks is the Defensive Coordinator in Indy.
    He has been for six years.
    Frazier did not make a lateral move.
    He got advancement with our Defensive Coordinator position.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Hopefully the players learned from Tomlin and will be able to keep the energy level high, even if the coach doesn't. I think it will be important for the vets on defense to step up and become leaders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast