Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Jkurtkrauss is offline Rookie

Field Goal over a TD?

Was anyone other than me going nuts when Johnson took a knee in order to go for the kick rather than at least running 3 times for a TD? Moore was getting 8-10 yards a pop, and I thought it was a no brainer.

I think odds point to a lot less that can go wrong by running (fumble) rather than kicking (fumbled snap, high snap, blocked, miss).
    Spread my ashes at the H^3

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Field Goal over a TD?

I agree in as much as I think they should have gone for it on 3rd down and then if there was a mistake they could have let the clock run down. But I don't agree with running the football in as much as Moore could have easily fumbled with his wrist being sprained.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

With the situation being a tie, I go with what Tice did. If we were going to tie it up, of course you run the ball 3 times and see what happens and see if you can get a win. But I just hate to think of handing the ball off and messing something up, when you've got a game winning, chipshot (really, it was only a few yards longer than an extra point) of a field goal sitting in your lap.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

They were trying to run out the clock and get GB to use up all of their timeouts...so that GB wouldn't get the ball back...hence the knee-taking vs. running the ball for a TD. Plus you KNOW that the GB players would be trying to strip the ball BIG TIME...so running it wouldn't have been as safe as it normally might be in the middle of the game.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I agreed with the FG..

Our line isn't the greatest.. And Moore's wrist was sprained.. And didn't it take Fason like 3 carries to get in our TD?

simonsparre is offline Pro-Bowler

"Jkurtkrauss" wrote:
    Was anyone other than me going nuts when Johnson took a knee in order to go for the kick rather than at least running 3 times for a TD? Moore was getting 8-10 yards a pop, and I thought it was a no brainer.

I think odds point to a lot less that can go wrong by running (fumble) rather than kicking (fumbled snap, high snap, blocked, miss).
    Remember it is the Vikings! We would have fumble it!!

They did the right move, either play it safe or play it sorry. They decided to play it safe and I personally comend them on doing so.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

well.. its not like our kicker has been an all star this year either...
    (yea, he had the long one against green bay earlier.. but he missed like 2/3 against chicago)
    so it was a gamble either way...

even thogh i dont much like our kicker, it was the safer of the two routes..

8)
    i m better than you, so just give up...

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

If you think that we had better odds of gaining 10 yards on three carries than making a 20 or so yard field goal, then I would seriously consider getting a new kicker.

I was happy with the decision. Like it was said if we were kicking the field goal to tie rather than win the game, I would have taken shots at the endzone.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Schleppy is offline Starter

Yeah at time, I was like, " Pop it in for the Td"! But as an afterthought (why i am not a head coach in the nfl,LOL) it was the right call, PE has not miss an extra point , so it was money....but its the Vikings and nothing ever comes easy.....Lets go get dem Dawgs!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast