Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eelpout72 is offline Starter

Fidgety Meathead Tice

Has anybody else noticed that Tice cant give an interview without constantly scratching his head and face? Somebody should handcuff him at his next interview to keep him still. I know that there was a previous post about Head Lice, but maybe he really does have lice.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Fidgety Meathead Tice

Some people have different ways of handling nervousness in front of others. Maybe he was nervous. I know that when I speak in front of other students in college or when I was in High School I was like that.

But, when I address my football team or train co-workers I am in my element and comfortable.

To each his own I guess.

natethegreat is offline Pro-Bowler

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Some people have different ways of handling nervousness in front of others. Maybe he was nervous. I know that when I speak in front of other students in college or when I was in High School I was like that.

But, when I address my football team or train co-workers I am in my element and comfortable.

To each his own I guess.
    I would never be able to be a head coach because i can't stand in front of a big group and talk, so i can't fake fun of tice for what hes doing because i would be way worse

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think Tice has enough hair to support lice...LOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jpape is offline Training Camp

If I were in Tice's situation I think Id be doing more than scratching my head. That or he hasnt figured out what our record is yet?

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

People with no confidence in what they are doing tend to be more nervous than others. I don't like talking in front of groups but I was an MC at wedding for some very close friends and knew what the game plan was, it was tuff in the beginning but I new what I had to do and it was great.

With my job I have to run the numbers in a presentation to senior management both from Canada & US on a regular basis, this is stuff I do daily and I know this pooh inside out and have never had a problem nailing it.

Tice however has had so many changes in his staff and team; he has no confidence in anything. He jumped into his position before he was ready and has had more than a few bumps in the road, he’s burnt out and this season has pretty much finished him. The bad start and player problems have left him with the short end of the stick and I think he sees it and is starting to twitch.

Just read this earlier today:

KSTP-TV has reported one Vikings source suggests a potential conspiracy by some Vikings players to undermine Tice’s future with the team.

Tice was asked Wednesday if he felt players were “leaving him out to dry.�

“We’ll see as we progress if they’re leaving me out there to hang or not,� Tice said.
    (Insert head scratch) “I think that’s the only fair answer I can give. We’ll see as we progress through this week and Sunday and Sundays to come as to what the answer is.� (time for another scratch)

There is just too much for him to deal with now, things were probably suppose to be easier with Randy gone but others have risen to be bigger distractions the ole # 84 could have done on his own.

Scratch, scratch, scratch :scratch:

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Moss was such a distraction!!!!!LMAO

You know what, we have to get rid of him, I am starting to feel sorry for the guy! No joke. Really it is like looking at a deer that was just smoked by a car on the highway that is still dragging itself around, you have got toget rid of it, it is too sad to watch and putting the poor thing out of its misery is absolutely necessary.

Cheers!

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

that is the exact same way i used to react when i had to do high school speeches. still do when a bunch of people are listening to what i'm saying. some people don't like to be the center of attention, definately not going to dump on the guy because he gets a little nervous talking to the blood sucking media that he has to face each and every day.

Thanks Josdin

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

vikinggreg wrote:

People with no confidence in what they are doing tend to be more nervous than others.

This is a rather all-encompassing statement and not necessarily true. I have hypertension, and it translates into not interacting well with people. It has nothing to do with confidence in itself.

Tice however has had so many changes in his staff and team; he has no confidence in anything.

This is obviously just vikinggreg's impression of the man, which, by the looks of his sig, is very low. He could not possibly know what his confidence level in everything is.

He jumped into his position before he was ready and has had more than a few bumps in the road, he’s burnt out and this season has pretty much finished him.

Once again, this is purely vikinggreg's low opinion of Tice. How in the world would he know Tice's feelings? From Tice's statements, he seems more than ready to carry on with season. And he did not jump into his position as head coach, he was planted there after Green left. I don't know how well qualified he is. Scrooge McCombs kept him there 'cause he was cheap.

The bad start and player problems have left him with the short end of the stick and I think he sees it and is starting to twitch.

Maybe so. It would take a person with nerves of steel to cope with this Vikings season. Only time will tell whether the Vikings will pull it out. And, I may say, if Tice does salvage this season and take the Vikes to the playoffs, that should dispell once and for all if he is up to the task of coaching in the NFL. We shall see.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Hooversham is offline Starter

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    Moss was such a distraction!!!!!LMAO

You know what, we have to get rid of him, I am starting to feel sorry for the guy! No joke. Really it is like looking at a deer that was just smoked by a car on the highway that is still dragging itself around, you have got toget rid of it, it is too sad to watch and putting the poor thing out of its misery is absolutely necessary.

Cheers!
    So you're saying we need to run over Tice with our cars and then shoot him in the head? Man, that's ice cold.

:wink:
    I can bench press my own body weight. And I weight 2,000 pounds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast