Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fickle Fans????

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fickle Fans????

Ok, I don't like the way Brad has been playing, he's trying to make plays but just can't anymore and that results in turnovers.

But one thing I truly think is, Brooks Bollinger shouldn't even be mentioned, I'd rather have Brad in there turning the ball over, Bollinger is our worst choice.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"Mr" wrote:
    Ok, I don't like the way Brad has been playing, he's trying to make plays but just can't anymore and that results in turnovers.

But one thing I truly think is, Brooks Bollinger shouldn't even be mentioned, I'd rather have Brad in there turning the ball over, Bollinger is our worst choice.
    Exactly.

And that's why everyone needs to stop requesting for Brad Johnson to be pulled.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Del Rio Guest

"Mr" wrote:

Brooks Bollinger should be the only name mentioned because Childress has all but flat out said TJ will not be playing, and atm BB is #2. The benching will not be for talent it will be for morale for the entire team.

If Childress choses not to go that route I think you will see Brad until the end.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Is Brooks really that bad a QB? He had a stinkly four downs at one point this year but in the past he hasn't been THAT BAD has he. With NY in 2005 he had a QB rating of 78 or close to it. That a better QB rating than BJ has right now. Sure, I know he's not great but he completed 6 of 9 passes in that game with the Vikes and threw one completion for 50 yards.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I don't know how much this applies here, but Drew Brees threw for over 500 yards and the Saints only managed to score 16 points.

We do not need the best QB in the world. We need one who will get the ball past the 1st down marker, and who will not turn the ball over. That's it. It would probably be enough to boost this team.
    , that is an amazing stat, 510 yds and two TDs and 3 INTs.

Coj, I don't know how many are really changing their tune.
    I was saying give BJ a raise from the beginning because he was making a beggar's salary as a starting QB.
    I'm still on the same page regarding BJ, he's the best option at QB given that Bollinger is, well, Bollinger, and Tarvaris is not ready yet.

I agree with your analysis Del, it happens all the time in sports where some minor tweak is just enough to give the team the spark and confidence that it needs.
    I won't be running out to get a Bollinger jersey if he does start, just like I wasn't standing in line to get a BJ jersey (although I did buy a used Tarvaris jock strap on e-bay so I could see if the sniffing is as great as some say it is).
    Well? Inquiring minds want to know.........................

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Freya" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    I don't know how much this applies here, but Drew Brees threw for over 500 yards and the Saints only managed to score 16 points.

We do not need the best QB in the world. We need one who will get the ball past the 1st down marker, and who will not turn the ball over. That's it. It would probably be enough to boost this team.
    , that is an amazing stat, 510 yds and two TDs and 3 INTs.

Coj, I don't know how many are really changing their tune.
    I was saying give BJ a raise from the beginning because he was making a beggar's salary as a starting QB.
    I'm still on the same page regarding BJ, he's the best option at QB given that Bollinger is, well, Bollinger, and Tarvaris is not ready yet.

I agree with your analysis Del, it happens all the time in sports where some minor tweak is just enough to give the team the spark and confidence that it needs.
    I won't be running out to get a Bollinger jersey if he does start, just like I wasn't standing in line to get a BJ jersey (although I did buy a used Tarvaris jock strap on e-bay so I could see if the sniffing is as great as some say it is).
    Well? Inquiring minds want to know.........................
    Not sure, it is somewhat entertaining...but I'm having a tough time deciding how this relates to how he plays on the field.
    It is easy to do though, not even scratch 'n sniff...just straight up sniffing.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I know this could probably go in some other post about BJ and feel free to move it...
    I was just thinking how many people who are now calling for BJ's head are the same people who at the start of the season were saying that he should have a raise.
    Maybe Childress knew something we didn't. And if that's the case that it surprises me even more that Brooks Bollinger isn't starting.
    I didn't bother reading through the responses to this, I thought I'd address the original post directly.

I stated in the pre-season that if Brad was to be the starter he should be paid for it - I stand by that.

While Brad has not played the best football of his career these past 11 weeks, the woes we suffer on Offense can not ALL be laid at his feet...in fact, most of them belong elsewhere.

So, while I am not happy with Brad's play, I am far less thrilled with many of our offseason moves (or lack thereof), our line play, our receivers play, and some of the plays being called.

Caine

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I know this could probably go in some other post about BJ and feel free to move it...
    I was just thinking how many people who are now calling for BJ's head are the same people who at the start of the season were saying that he should have a raise.
    Maybe Childress knew something we didn't. And if that's the case that it surprises me even more that Brooks Bollinger isn't starting.
    Well, sometimes people are wrong.
    I did not care either way.

I do not think anybody predicted it to be this bad.
    :-

Well speaking for myself I feel the Vikes are EXACTLY where they should be. When the season started I told my buddies that this team could go 10-6, but at the same time, 6-10 "could" be a possibility. There have been a few games the Vikes "should" of won (i.e.
    Chicago, San Francisco...) and we just haven't got the breaks every team needs to win. The season ISN'T over yet, but things need to change to have hope of a winning season. But forget about a QB change, it's NOT going to happen....IMO.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I didn't have much faith in Brad coming into the season, which is why I wanted us to pick up one fo the Top 3 qbs (which we easily could have), so we might actually have a qb who could play this season and learn if the Brad Johnson experiment didn't work.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast