Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fickle Fans????

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Fickle Fans????

I know this could probably go in some other post about BJ and feel free to move it...
    I was just thinking how many people who are now calling for BJ's head are the same people who at the start of the season were saying that he should have a raise.
    Maybe Childress knew something we didn't. And if that's the case that it surprises me even more that Brooks Bollinger isn't starting.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fickle Fans????

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I know this could probably go in some other post about BJ and feel free to move it...
    I was just thinking how many people who are now calling for BJ's head are the same people who at the start of the season were saying that he should have a raise.
    Maybe Childress knew something we didn't. And if that's the case that it surprises me even more that Brooks Bollinger isn't starting.
    I think the only thing Childress knows is that the best chance to win games comes with Brad Johnson at the helm.

And I don't disagree.
    Which sucks, because that means our beloved Vikings just aren't very good offensively - no matter who the QB is.
    It's time we all just realize that and go with the flow.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

I was calling for Brad to get a raise and if he remains at starter I still feel he should get a raise.

I think it would be best for the team to sit him and give Bollinger a shot, but I wouldn't take back what I said at the begining of the season.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    I was calling for Brad to get a raise and if he remains at starter I still feel he should get a raise.

I think it would be best for the team to sit him and give Bollinger a shot, but I wouldn't take back what I said at the begining of the season.
    Is it just a "give this guy a chance" thing?
    Because if it's a "I think Bollinger can get us moving" thing, then it shoulda been done after the SF game.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

Because if it's a "I think Bollinger can get us moving" thing, then it shoulda been done after the SF game.

=Z=
    No I think it is a this team has lost many many close games. Games where they were in it up until the end and something has got to give. Now it usually comes down to one of two scenerios.

1) A QB change
    2) A Coaching change

I think that Brad Johnson will end up riding the pine, and Bollinger will get the call for a morale standpoint. The rejuvinated team will help Bollinger in ways it wasn't helping brad.
    You see it all the time in sports. I have witnessed it first hand many times as well. When a group of individuals need to come together to get something done, and they just aren't quite doing the job one person gets singled out and banished. Even if the person that replaces them is not any better the team can put out better results.

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:

=Z=

I was on the "give Brad a raise" kick, as well. And I think that he deserved one. I figured that Brad won or helped us win 7 games out of 9 starts he had last year. He was entering the season, as the lowest paid QB in the NFL. I know, he was a backup. But backups like; Brian Griese and Gus Frerotte are making $6-$3 million, Brad was getting $1.5? Come on.

Also with
    Bollinger starting. After the 49ers game, I stated that we had 3 games that were very winnable. And if we did not win 2 out of those 3 games, we had to move in another direction. Now is the time. We have two weeks before we play the Bears. If Bollinger is our guy, he will have to get all of the reps this week and play Sunday against the Cards. So, if Bollinger is our guy, now is the time to make that move. We have 6 games left, let's make that move.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I have to agree Del -- What can a change hurt? I don't want to see TJ in there until he has not only completely healed but he has full strength and I see that at the beginning of next year.
    In the meantime I don't see how putting Bolliner in there could hurt. And who knows, it could give the team a "shot in the arm."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

I don't know how much this applies here, but Drew Brees threw for over 500 yards and the Saints only managed to score 16 points.

We do not need the best QB in the world. We need one who will get the ball past the 1st down marker, and who will not turn the ball over. That's it. It would probably be enough to boost this team.

VikingPatrick is offline Rookie

Unless he gets hurt, expect to see Brad in the games.
    I really see this as a rebuilding year and with Brad NOT getting any adjustment to his contract it should be a clear cut message. He is here to be a stop gap untill the next franchise QB is ready. Is that going to be TJ? He will probably get a shot next year with a different "veteran" QB to back him up.
    This is a year we should not have expected much from. Childress will probably clean the house after the season and bring in more of "his" type of players. We will know more after the next draft and free agency. Hopefully Mr. Wilf will be willing to spend again and this team will improve.
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    I don't know how much this applies here, but Drew Brees threw for over 500 yards and the Saints only managed to score 16 points.

We do not need the best QB in the world. We need one who will get the ball past the 1st down marker, and who will not turn the ball over. That's it. It would probably be enough to boost this team.
    , that is an amazing stat, 510 yds and two TDs and 3 INTs.

Coj, I don't know how many are really changing their tune.
    I was saying give BJ a raise from the beginning because he was making a beggar's salary as a starting QB.
    I'm still on the same page regarding BJ, he's the best option at QB given that Bollinger is, well, Bollinger, and Tarvaris is not ready yet.

I agree with your analysis Del, it happens all the time in sports where some minor tweak is just enough to give the team the spark and confidence that it needs.
    I won't be running out to get a Bollinger jersey if he does start, just like I wasn't standing in line to get a BJ jersey (although I did buy a used Tarvaris jock strap on e-bay so I could see if the sniffing is as great as some say it is).
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast