Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: A few Vikings casualties?

"Nephilim" wrote:
    gol 'darnit the more money we have the more we dont use it so who the F cares!
    This year will be even worse than most for overpaying as a lot of teams will have money to spend. Fact is our salaries last year were in 85 mil range. so given cuts and the increase in cap for 2007 were looking at maybe 34 mil in all. Great number but if the people you want to spend it on are becoming too expensive it won't get spent. With more teams looking like they will have money to compete in FA you might see more players being kept as the alternative would be to cut and end up maybe paying more in FA for a players only marginally better.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

VikingD24 is offline Rookie

Re: A few Vikings casualties?

I agree with alot of the points being brought up...however I feel that the reality will be Childress is gonna go cheap. Theres no doubt in my mind that Rosenthal, Smoot, Smith, Klein, Johnson, Wiggins, and at least Harris will be gone...but I wouldnt expect a complete overhaul.

We may have up to 32M to spend after FA starts but the draft is weak compared to recent years & there isnt a whole lot out there in Free Agency that would suit the Vikings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234