Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Asrez is offline Waterboy

A few Thing i would enjoy the Vikings doing

#1 Fire Brad Childress and Hire Bill Chower or Brian Billick. Hell even Dennie Green
    #2 Draft Tim Tebow a Qb worth our time grooming. (Very close player to Randal cunningham
    #3 Sign Better Secondary players
    #4 Maybe get established WR

I dont think Childress or Jackson have what it takes to lead this team to any kind of playoff run
    Im a hardcore vikings fan and would like to see my team make it to the big one soon

VikesFanInNC is offline Rookie

Re: A few Thing i would enjoy the Vikings doing

And I would like to see a city made out of Chocolate. Not happening any time soon, sorry.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"Asrez" wrote:
    #1 Fire Brad Childress and Hire Bill Chower or Brian Billick. Hell even Dennie Green
    #2 Draft Tim Tebow a Qb worth our time grooming. (Very close player to Randal cunningham

I dont think Childress or Jackson have what it takes to lead this team to any kind of playoff run
    Im a hardcore vikings fan and would like to see my team make it to the big one soon
    #1 While I agree with the firing of Childress, bringing back Billick or Green is a major step backwards.

#2 This years QB class isn't looking too good this year, (from what I hear.)
    The Vikes need a solid, active QB to win with the talent we have now.

#3 Should happen this off-season.

#4 Berrian?

I don't care what they do or how they do it, just as long as they win the SB.

SKOL!

LincolnVike is offline Rookie

"so-cal" wrote:
    "Asrez" wrote:

#1 While I agree with the firing of Childress, bringing back Billick or Green is a major step backwards.

#2 This years QB class isn't looking too good this year, (from what I hear.)
    The Vikes need a solid, active QB to win with the talent we have now.

#3 Should happen this off-season.

#4 Berrian?

I don't care what they do or how they do it, just as long as they win the SB.

SKOL!
    The only way we're getting Cowher in here is if we make him "an offer he can't refuse."
    I Honestly don't see him making any sort of futuristic plans in coaching, but then again, the Wilfs do have money.
    Our secondary is decent but needs retooling.
    Madman Madieu Williams will improve as the season goes on, but something needs to be done about Griffin.

...and Tim Tebow to the Vikings is nothing more than a pipe dream.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"LincolnVike" wrote:

...and Tim Tebow to the Vikings is nothing more than a pipe dream.
    Don't want him.
    I don't see his physical advantages that help him so much in college translating to advantages in the pros....
    Maybe I'll be wrong, but I'm not that impressed.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Asrez" wrote:

#1 Childress should be given his full 3 years. I will judge him fully at the end. It is not looking good for him and I am hard on him but I have not seen significant improvement even with more talent added each year.

#2 We will draft a QB in the first round. Tebow most likely will be around when we pick. Either way we still need to get a vet in here while the draft pick sits. Don't need another rush job like TJ.

#3 I like Williams and hope we extend Sharpers contract. He is still playing at a decent level. I think we need another corner via FA to start opposite Winfield. Cedric would be great in the slot.

#4 I disagree here. I like our WRs. Wade is still playing at a high level. Not sure why we are not seeing more 4 WRs sets. I want to see more Allison, Wade, Rice, and BB!

You forgot one of our biggest needs. OT

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Asrez" wrote:

#1 Childress should be given his full 3 years. I will judge him fully at the end. It is not looking good for him and I am hard on him but I have not seen significant improvement even with more talent added each year.

#2 We will draft a QB in the first round. Tebow most likely will be around when we pick. Either way we still need to get a vet in here while the draft pick sits. Don't need another rush job like TJ.

#3 I like Williams and hope we extend Sharpers contract. He is still playing at a decent level. I think we need another corner via FA to start opposite Winfield. Cedric would be great in the slot.

#4 I disagree here. I like our WRs. Wade is still playing at a high level. Not sure why we are not seeing more 4 WRs sets. I want to see more Allison, Wade, Rice, and BB!

You forgot one of our biggest needs. OT
    +1

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I say wait til the end of this year. If we are not at least 9-7, I think Childress should go. He would have had 2 years to build a 9-7 team into a winner, and at that point would not have succeeded. But I say, give him a chance. I like what I am seeing on defense.

Here is what we need:

- Special teams players who know how to play and tackle. The TDs we are giving up on ST is ridiculous

- A QB !!! The Tarvaris "experiment", more than anything, and then not signing a good experienced NFL QB in the offseason (Garcia, etc.) is bad

- Better offensive playcalling

On the other hand, some other things I am seeing impress me: AD, Allen, the linebackers, Winfield, Berrian, both O-line and D-line.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I say wait til the end of this year. If we are not at least 9-7, I think Childress should go. He would have had 2 years to build a 9-7 team into a winner, and at that point would not have succeeded. But I say, give him a chance. I like what I am seeing on defense.

Here is what we need:

- Special teams players who know how to play and tackle. The TDs we are giving up on ST is ridiculous

- A QB !!! The Tarvaris "experiment", more than anything, and then not signing a good experienced NFL QB in the offseason (Garcia, etc.) is bad

- Better offensive playcalling

On the other hand, some other things I am seeing impress me: AD, Allen, the linebackers, Winfield, Berrian, both O-line and D-line.
    We have a lot to look forward to. I am so impressed with our LBs this year. Too bad EJ was injured but Harris seems to be up for the task. I just hope we don't waste this defense like we did with that monster offense
    years ago. We need to get a good QB in here ASAP!

Asrez is offline Waterboy

ya i guess Berrian is a decent WR, Im just use to big names.

Ya i think we should draft tim tebow in the offseason and bring in a Vet that has has starting experience and knows how to win, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner (Most likly wont be in FA but they have to do something with Matt Lienert sitting on the bench making starter money). Hell we should have even brought culpekker back in and gave him a Vet Min and gave him a chance. All i know is we need a QB more then 2-3 years, we have only thrown away 2 SB QBs in our time Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson who later went on to lead there teams to a SB. I would say keep TJ but i dont think he will turn into a Starter, he already has the most dominating RB in the game with All day, that should open he passiong game alone for him to at least be decent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast