PacMan21 is offline Starter

A few quick thoughts on the Vikings...

http://joshsopinion.blogspot.com/200...a-vikings.html

I'm not trying to "bash" the Vikings or Childress, I'm just giving my opinion on the organization as a whole. So just let me know what you think.

And I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, so if need be... move it!

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A few quick thoughts on the Vikings...

lol, all i have to say is OUCH on the coaching grade you gave, otherwise decent read

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Frostbite is offline Coach

I thought our Offensive line brought it's A game last week and I expect no less against the Packers this week.
    It was an interesting article overall. I can't agree with some of it. I do think Troy Williamson is not a good fit in Minnesota....He will probably end up in N.E. opposite R.M. and once again prove that most of todays tallent will only play hard when a championship is possible!

Not Really!!! I only know he probably won't be a Viking next season.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

idk... i think TW has a lot of talent if he has a guy to get him the ball.. and i think childress knows it

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

Nice read! The comments on the coaching 'schemes' I don't necessarily agree with. The Tampa-2 is designed to stop the big play and not isolate players, we just don't run it well at times. As for the WC not fitting the players, not so sure, maybe has more to do with sub par QB play than anything. Receivers having to slow down routes to catch 100 mph fastball thrown to their back shoulder doesn't help with YAC. The QB part I agree with, Matt Ryan will be a player at the next level, he is supposed to a mature guy already so probably ready for the next step. We would be fortunate to get him, as probably the first two picks in the draft will be QB and chances are we won't be in the top 2, unless we trade.

"Frostbite" wrote:
    I thought our Offensive line brought it's A game last week and I expect no less against the Packers this week.
    It was an interesting article overall. I can't agree with some of it. I do think Troy Williamson is not a good fit in Minnesota....He will probably end up in N.E. opposite R.M. and once again prove that most of todays tallent will only play hard when a championship is possible!

Not Really!!! I only know he probably won't be a Viking next season.

Cheers!
    Thank you for the responses!

I agree that the O-Line was very impressive against the Chargers blitzing linebackers last week. But as a whole on the entire season, I can't say that I love what I've seen. But I have to also give them credit for helping the Vikings have the #1 rush offense in football. But I also think that for the passing game, the zone blocking has hurt us with giving up 21 sacks (23rd in the NFL). I think that the team would benefit either A. moving McKinnie to the right side or just trading him. B. switching to a man-to-man.

As for the T-2 defense, I should have reworded what I said differently. But I was trying to say what desertvikingfan said and that we're not executing it properly when the team has given up too many yards (passing wise). And I see your point on the wide receivers. And I know the receivers are supposed to run crossing routes in the W.C.O., but I just don't like the thought of using Williamson or even Rice like that, when both are more home run threats. Both should be used more vertically in the passing game. And not straight down the sideline... ugh.

Just my thoughts though. Thanks for the responses.

And I guess a D- is pretty harsh on Chilldress, but I suppose I wanted to get my thoughts across that I don't agree with many of his decisions up to this point.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

...think that he has a few good ideas like his "good person, before good player theory", but he needs to not take it so far. I knew the Vikings were doomed in '06 the moment we cut Koren Robinson...
    Good job putting together some thoughts, but, you lost me when I read this.
    You can't be serious.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I know what you're saying. I really shouldn't have said that Koren Robinson being cut IS the reason I knew we were doomed... but knowing that Childress wasn't afraid to cut one of our best players at any given moment didn't give me a good feeling heading into next season.

I have to say though that I'm not sure he had much else he could've done.