Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: A few pics from 2006 Mini Camp...and reports.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Freakout" wrote:
    Thomas at MLB is something we wasn't expecting.
    Speak for yourself...that is EXACTLY where I have wanted to see him play since his ROOKIE season (when he stepped in for a few games to replace an injured EJ and played very well). Of course, Tice was TOO STUPID to see that it was his natural position. The dude is fast (4.4), smart (SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year his last year in college) and has already shown he can handle the job.
    I thought I was the only one who saw that.
    I still hope we draft another top LB though.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah I had forgot that he filled in nicely there.. He would develop perfect there.. I wanna see this stay like that

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Slade" wrote:
    I cannot wait for the season to begin. Being in Cali, I loooove NFL Sunday ticket. I do not know how I lived without it before!
    Where you at in Cali?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=18px]Childress gets first look at Vikings[/size]
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/357904.html
    Last update: April 07, 2006 – 1:03 PM
    RENEE JONES SCHNEIDER, STAR TRIBUNE

Brad Childress put the Vikings through his first workout as head coach during the first day of a three-day veterans' mini-camp in the practice shed facility at Winter Park on Friday morning.

Childress spent the majority of his time observing and working with the offense as the Vikings began to install the West Coast style that will apparently be led by veteran quarterback Brad Johnson.

"It was a good, crisp first practice," Childress said.

Defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin could be heard throughout the practice, bringing high energy as he implored defenders to pick up any loose footballs to run toward the end zone.

The linebacker position appears to be the most unsettled as any on the depth chart as many combinations were experimented with, including Dontarrious Thomas and Napoleon Harris playing at middle linebacker.

Defensive end Kenechi Udeze, who missed most of last season because of a knee injury, returned to the practice field. Safety Willie Offord (knee) was present but did not take part in drills. Running back Mewelde Moore, who underwent surgery on his right wrist after the season, also was limited.

Among the most impressive performers was cornerback Fred Smoot, who appears to have put on muscle after a disappointing first season in Minnesota.

Owner Zygi Wilf and several members of the ownership group, were in attendance to get a look at a team that includes several key new players, including No. 1 running back Chester Taylor, who was signed as a free agent after playing last season in Baltimore.

"I was really anxious to see how the offense worked with us going 11-on-11 [in drills]," said Taylor. "It worked good today."
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

There is another thread in the draft section about todays practice, I posted a couple of articles in there that are pretty good.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=18px]VIDEO TAPE FROM FIRST DAY OF MINI-CAMP[/size]

http://www.startribune.com/1741/v-video/story/358099.html
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

MATTYS BACK!!!!!

:banana:

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    If Thomas impresses the coaches, then we wont need a linebacker and we can trade some picks for Schaub or move up for Cutler
    Yeah....well..based on this mini camp..I think that we will find out about brad johnson...
    It kind of bummed be out to here that he (brad) didnt have a good day...but it is the first practice!

Anyone here plan on going to training camp?????

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    If Thomas impresses the coaches, then we wont need a linebacker and we can trade some picks for Schaub or move up for Cutler
    That definately is an option... or we could use the picks to bolster other need positions. Jean-Gilles would be nice on the right side.

DT makes a lot of sense at Mike... now that Childress is here. He is a perfewct example of a player who needed a coach, not a buddy to develope into a stud. I don't think he would have faired well as a Mike under Tice, which might be why I never considered it before. Kudos to those of you who called it!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

An excerpt from the article: NFL: VIKINGS: 2006 MINI CAMP;

" The Vikings have 10 players who were 1st-round draft picks on the current roster- Bryant McKinnie (#7, '02), Troy Williamson (#7, '05), Koren Robinson (#9, '01), Kevin Williams (#9, '03), Travis Taylor (#10, '00), Steve Hutchinson (#17, '01), Erasmus James (#18, '05), Kenechi Udeze (#20, '04), Antoine Winfield (#23, '99), Napoleon Harris (#23, '02). "

The article is copywrite protected, so here's the link;

NFL: VIKINGS: 2006 MINI CAMP

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast