Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

A few Favre stats to chew on

I didn't necessarily think this team NEEDED Brett Favre, but I would never pass him up either. You don't casually toss aside someone of his track record. I figured if he could keep the picks within reason, he might carry this team far.

But what our 40 year old QB has accomplished this season, even when framed against the rest of his illustrious career, has been nothing short of amazing. Consider the stats that Favre put up for the Vikings this season, compared to what he accomplished over the rest of his career...

107.2 passer rating - highest of his career (previous best 99.5 in '95)
    7 interceptions - fewest of his career as a starter (previous low 13 in '96)
    33 TD passes - most since '97 (had 38, 39, 35 in '95, '96, '97)
    68.4% completion percentage - highest of his career (previous best 66.5% in '07)
    4202 passing yds/262.6 ypg - 3rd best of career (4413/275.8 in '95, 4412/263.3 in '98)
    7.9 yards per pass attempt - highest of his career (previous best 7.8 in '07)
    9 total turnovers (INTs + fumbles lost) - fewest of career (previous low 17 in '94, '95, & '96)

Now, he also set career highs in yards lost to sacks (247, previous high 241 in '96) and career lows in rush attempts (9) and rushing yardage (7), but that's just picking fly stuff out of pepper. For a 40 year old QB to put up the kind of passing numbers that Favre did this year...with a rookie WR, a 3rd year guy who came in with 46 career receptions, and a deep threat hampered by hamstring injuries most of the year, well, that's just pretty damn amazing.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:A few Favre stats to chew on

He's old and washed up and can't throw the deep ball and is a cancer and he played for the Packers for most of his career. Not only that, he never misses games due to a hangnail so you're stuck with him. Fuck Favre.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Good stuff. He has clearly beaten all expectations. I really think this could be our year to go all the way.
    I love Brett Favre.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Prophet wrote:
    He's old and washed up and can't throw the deep ball and is a cancer and he played for the Packers for most of his career. Not only that, he never misses games due to a hangnail so you're stuck with him. Fuck Favre.
    You forgot that he's from the deep South and is a redneck hillbilly.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

purplepat wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    You forgot that he's from the deep South and is a redneck hillbilly.
    And he is only interested in revenge, money and farts too much

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Yup. Posted these in the The Official Brett Favre Appreciaton Thread but always like to see it in more places to tick off Marrdro. Congrats again Lord Favre.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/7-trash-the-pack/814044-the-official-brett-favre-appreciaton-thread?limit=15&start=195#1030256

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Interesting that the consensus MVP pick is Peyton Manning. Which I get reminded of every second of every day living in Indiana. But here are their numbers side by side.

End of season statistics:
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Peyton Manning: 33 TDs, 16 INTs, 4,500 yards, 99.9 QB Rating

Brett Favre: 33 TDs, 7 INTs, 4,202 yards, 107.2 QB Rating

But Brett Favre is just an old bum. He should just retire already.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

swardsooner is offline Rookie

Allsome thread....

Oh, and he practices with high school kids.

Dibbzz is offline Starter

I've already burned all of my Wrangler jeans. Man, I hate that prick.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

purplepat wrote:
    I didn't necessarily think this team NEEDED Brett Favre, but I would never pass him up either. You don't casually toss aside someone of his track record. I figured if he could keep the picks within reason, he might carry this team far.

But what our 40 year old QB has accomplished this season, even when framed against the rest of his illustrious career, has been nothing short of amazing. Consider the stats that Favre put up for the Vikings this season, compared to what he accomplished over the rest of his career...

107.2 passer rating - highest of his career (previous best 99.5 in '95)
    7 interceptions - fewest of his career as a starter (previous low 13 in '96)
    33 TD passes - most since '97 (had 38, 39, 35 in '95, '96, '97)
    68.4% completion percentage - highest of his career (previous best 66.5% in '07)
    4202 passing yds/262.6 ypg - 3rd best of career (4413/275.8 in '95, 4412/263.3 in '98)
    7.9 yards per pass attempt - highest of his career (previous best 7.8 in '07)
    9 total turnovers (INTs + fumbles lost) - fewest of career (previous low 17 in '94, '95, & '96)

Now, he also set career highs in yards lost to sacks (247, previous high 241 in '96) and career lows in rush attempts (9) and rushing yardage (7), but that's just picking fly stuff out of pepper. For a 40 year old QB to put up the kind of passing numbers that Favre did this year...with a rookie WR, a 3rd year guy who came in with 46 career receptions, and a deep threat hampered by hamstring injuries most of the year, well, that's just pretty damn amazing.
    Some good stuff there.

I don't know about the rest of you guys/gals, but I want some of that stuff the Ole Noodle was smoking this year.

It had to be that stuff that made him all of a sudden have career years.....No way in hell it could be this team making him look good.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast