Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

A few 4th Round Backgrounds

It's another Arkansas WR for the Vikes to close out the 4th round - They select Greg Childs Greg Childs Draft Profile

A FB it is for the Vikings 2nd pick in the 4th round...Rhett Ellison Rhett Ellison Draft Profile

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Hmph. It seems even after the combine, he cleaned himself up, and couldve been a first rounder if not for his knee injury. I think we might of gotten another steal in the 4th round like everson griffen

NFL DRAFT SCOUT TOP WIDE RECEIVERS: Greg Childs, Arkansas, 6-3, 219...Childs probably has only now recovered from a 2010 right knee injury, but he pushed himself through the 2011 season anyway, catching 21 passes for 240 yards. By the time of the combine he was well enough to run the 40-yard dash in 4.52 seconds and manage a 36??-inch vertical jump. But he considered his March 7 pro day a coming out when he ran 40 yards in 4.41 seconds and had a vertical jump of 41?? inches. "It was just mainly showing everybody that I was healthy again, showing I was 100 percent again," Childs said after the on-campus workout. The injury was
    to his right patella and required surgery in 2010, otherwise he probably would have been in the 2011 draft. Instead, he struggled through the 2011 season, missing only a little action. Childs is an extraordinary target because of his unusual combination of size, speed, jumping ability, long arms (34?-inch) and, finally, huge hands, (10?-inch). - Frank Cooney, The Sports Xchange