Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Ferguson Update (ESPN)

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Robert Ferguson temporarily lost feeling in his legs Sunday night after a vicious clothesline hit by Jacksonville safety Donovin Darius.
    Ferguson regained feeling on the way to a hospital after being taken from Lambeau Field in an ambulance.

In a scene right out of the leather helmet days of the NFL more than a half-century ago, Darius swept in after Ferguson's leaping 31-yard grab of Brett Favre's pass at midfield. Darius hit the defenseless Ferguson across the neck, stunning the crowd and infuriating the Packers with 4:41 left in their 28-25 loss to the Jaguars. Darius was ejected.

Ferguson, according to teammates, was knocked unconscious. He gave a thumbs-up as he left the field on a stretcher, but didn't regain feeling in his legs until he'd left for a hospital for X-rays and further evaluation, coach Mike Sherman said.

"I thought it was a cheap shot," Sherman said.

Referee Ed Hochuli ejected Darius and tagged on 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

"It's part of the game," Darius said. "Brett threw the ball and Ferguson was wide open. I was just running over trying to make a play, trying to separate him from the ball. I never intentionally try to hurt someone. I love to play the game and I play it 100 mph. Unfortunately, he got hurt. I pray for him. Everybody that saw it from our standpoint said it looked clean."

Packers tight end Bubba Franks said ejecting Darius was a good call because "I'm pretty sure it would have gotten out of hand if he'd have stayed in the game."

When Favre saw Ferguson wasn't getting up, he started yelling to the officials that it was a cheap shot.

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said he was looking at the pass rush and didn't see the hit, so he declined comment.

But Packers receiver Antonio Chatman said it was clearly a dirty hit "because he got hit on the chin when he couldn't protect himself. I was just praying he was all right. We (receivers) don't go out to hurt nobody, or we'd be cutting them (defensive backs) every time. We block 'em like a man."

Darius said he's seen players stay in the game for hits worse than his.

"It was not intentional, I was just trying to make a play," he said. "I've done that in the past when I know I couldn't get an interception, I swung up, trying to get the ball. That's a technique."

Darius said he would appeal any fine the league hands down.

What an IDIOT Darius sounds like!!!!!
    3 Straight Division Champs

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Ferguson Update (ESPN)

I dont know how he can argue it was clean because it wasn't. I think maybe he was swinging to hit his arms to knock the ball out, thats all i can think of.

Ferguson Update (ESPN)

Darius should be burned alive. I have no respect for this man at all. He (probably) intentially hit Fergy like he did,
    says it's fine and doesn't apologize at all!! What a fuckng idiot. I hate this guy, I hate him!!
    GO PACKERS!

parsongeorge is offline Starter

Ferguson Update (ESPN)

"It was not intentional, I was just trying to make a play," he said. "I've done that in the past when I know I couldn't get an interception, I swung up, trying to get the ball. That's a technique." I agree with darius....that's the way i seen it too
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler

Ferguson Update (ESPN)

Hoping that he will be fine. :angel11:

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Ferguson Update (ESPN)

"burned alive" a little too severe my friend. People play this game where they get paid to be hard hitting violent people. It was a cheap shot i think so a fine and his ejection were agreed with by me but thats where it ends in my opinion
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter

Ferguson Update (ESPN)

When's Darius become a Free Agent? We need to pursue him and get rid of our joke of a FS Russell.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Ferguson Update (ESPN)

He's a free agent after this year, i dont think he's going anywhere, he has all his kids, wife, other family and whatnot in a warm weather state. He'll stick with the jags.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Ferguson Update (ESPN)

He gets franchised every year. Personally I'm not willing to give up two first rounders for him.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Ferguson Update (ESPN)

There is a differnce between "playing at 100 mph" and playing dirty. I thought it was a dirty play...he does sound like a scum bag

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast