Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Feeling for brad...

I feel a bad for him too. That's a tough pill to swallow, being booed by the hometown. well, at least here the man can get a bit of respect. Though, I don't expect he'll see the field in a starting role for the vikes. It is clear that he's not the player we need at QB.

I can't begin to estimate the intentions of those who booed, but it was clearly directed at the offense. the antics of the Metrodome crowd has been deemed "borderline tasteless" in one reporter's opinion.
    I second that characterization. I would support labeling the antics "classless" too. And so, while I feel bad for Brad, I also feel ashamed of the booers in the crowd. so much for Minnesota nice.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Gift" wrote:
    This is what happens when you don't know when to hang it up.
    Sucks, but is part of life.
    [img width=64 height=64]http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=673;type=avatar[/img]
    Rule of Thumb: Expect no sympathy if someone has a face like this.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Gift is offline Coordinator

"Acumen" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    This is what happens when you don't know when to hang it up.
    Sucks, but is part of life.
    [img width=64 height=64]http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=673;type=avatar[/img]
    Rule of Thumb: Expect no sympathy if someone has a face like this.
    :P
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

i just hate to see his career end like this.... i hope he gets a coaching job in the nfl he's a smart guy

Thanks josdin00

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    I feel a bad for him too. That's a tough pill to swallow, being booed by the hometown. well, at least here the man can get a bit of respect. Though, I don't expect he'll see the field in a starting role for the vikes. It is clear that he's not the player we need at QB.

I can't begin to estimate the intentions of those who booed, but it was clearly directed at the offense. the antics of the Metrodome crowd has been deemed "borderline tasteless" in one reporter's opinion.
    I second that characterization. I would support labeling the antics "classless" too. And so, while I feel bad for Brad, I also feel ashamed of the booers in the crowd. so much for Minnesota nice.

This story really irritates me! I DON'T believe the boos were at Johnson, they were for Childress! Johnson is just there doing what he's told. Childress is the puppetmaster.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:

This story really irritates me! I DON'T believe the boos were at Johnson, they were for Childress! Johnson is just there doing what he's told. Childress is the puppetmaster.
    I think it was a referendum on the offense more than it was Brad. They were awful.

I think the cheers for Tarvaris were because we NEEDED a change and a spark and everyone wants to see him play since he's the future. I don't think it was directly at Brad.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah I feel horrible for a guy who has won a superbowl, plays football for a living, and hasn't had to work a day in his life.

Boo hoo. I don't really feel bad for ANY professional athlete that gets booed.

They get paid millions of dollars and live lifestyles we will only dream of.

Boo's might hurt their feelings, but I'm sure on the ride home in their Porsche to their house on the lake they shrug them off.

Especially when they deserve them!

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "BradTheMan14" wrote:
    yeah it was sad seeing brad the man's face...he must have felt bad. but childress is so gol 'darnit hard headed it took the fans to boo him off the field and realize we need to be playing jackson.
    I really doubt that the fans booing had much to do with Tarvaris playing. I think at that point Childress would have put him in anyway.

At least, that's how I see it.

I do feel bad for Brad though. He's been such a good player for so long, and he's done a lot for this franchise, despite his struggles this year. I just hope he knows the fans appreciate him, even if we don't like the way he has played at times this year.
    True! I hope he does realize he is appreciated.

I like Brad, I just think it is time to move on.

Yes, his struggles.......
    He had some success, was a good leader and was ousted by Denny infavor of DC.
    He comes back and gets ousted again by a young buck.
    Last time it was worse, because he was ousted in favor of Randall Cunningham. Remember, Cunningham took over, they let Brad go, then Randall got hurt and Jeff George came in. Then George and Cunningham were let go in favor of starting Daunte.

"baumy300" wrote:
    Yeah I feel horrible for a guy who has won a superbowl, plays football for a living, and hasn't had to work a day in his life.

Boo hoo. I don't really feel bad for ANY professional athlete that gets booed.

They get paid millions of dollars and live lifestyles we will only dream of.

Boo's might hurt their feelings, but I'm sure on the ride home in their Porsche to their house on the lake they shrug them off.

Especially when they deserve them!
    Still, they ARE human though. No one wants to be booed or heckled. I don't care how much money you make. It can't be fun to be booed by 60,000 people because you made a mistake.

Imagine going to your job, sitting at your desk and making a calculation error or a typo and having 60,000 people boo you. Not exactly fun.

Just because they make more money than us doesn't mean they're not human.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "BradTheMan14" wrote:
    yeah it was sad seeing brad the man's face...he must have felt bad. but childress is so gol 'darnit hard headed it took the fans to boo him off the field and realize we need to be playing jackson.
    I really doubt that the fans booing had much to do with Tarvaris playing. I think at that point Childress would have put him in anyway.

At least, that's how I see it.

I do feel bad for Brad though. He's been such a good player for so long, and he's done a lot for this franchise, despite his struggles this year. I just hope he knows the fans appreciate him, even if we don't like the way he has played at times this year.
    True! I hope he does realize he is appreciated.

I like Brad, I just think it is time to move on.

Yes, his struggles.......
    He had some success, was a good leader and was ousted by Denny infavor of DC.
    He comes back and gets ousted again by a young buck.
    Last time it was worse, because he was ousted in favor of Randall Cunningham. Remember, Cunningham took over, they let Brad go, then Randall got hurt and Jeff George came in. Then George and Cunningham were let go in favor of starting Daunte.
    They didn't just "let him go", they traded him.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast