Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Featured back

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Featured back

Does anybody think that the Vikings new coaching staff has more of a chance to go with one main back instead of the running back-by-committee that they have been running since Chuck Foreman retired?

I like the potential of Onterrio, I also like the way MeMo runs and catches the ball. I know nothing of Taylor. I really don't care who it ends up being, but i hope they pick one guy and make him the every down back. It seems to me that when you switch backs in and out, it makes it harder for the line to adjust to the different cuts, tendencies and speed that each back makes and also the QB needs to think more about where "X" or "Y" RB will be and where to place the ball or where to step so they don't run into each other. Keep one back for relief and in case of injury and bench or trade the third. I knoe injuries happen, but it seems like they are more prone to injury when they are shuffled in and out coming in cold then if they just go out and play

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Featured back

I see Chester as the full time guy unless he proves to be injury prone or can't handle the load (25+ carries a game). With T-Rich lining in front of him & hutch on the line, I see huge runs from our backs.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Does anybody think that the Vikings new coaching staff has more of a chance to go with one main back instead of the running back-by-committee that they have been running since Chuck Foreman retired?
    I like the potential of Onterrio, I also like the way MeMo runs and catches the ball. I know nothing of Taylor. I really don't care who it ends up being, but i hope they pick one guy and make him the every down back. It seems to me that when you switch backs in and out, it makes it harder for the line to adjust to the different cuts, tendencies and speed that each back makes and also the QB needs to think more about where "X" or "Y" RB will be and where to place the ball or where to step so they don't run into each other. Keep one back for relief and in case of injury and bench or trade the third. I knoe injuries happen, but it seems like they are more prone to injury when they are shuffled in and out coming in cold then if they just go out and play
    You forget about Robert Smith??? :shock:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    You forget about Robert Smith??? shock
    And Herschel Walker :lol:

or...gulp...Hershel Walker :grin:

KJ read my mind...... :grin:

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"Slade" wrote:
    KJ read my mind...... :grin:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"KJ" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    You forget about Robert Smith??? shock
    And Herschel Walker :lol:
    Herschel doesn't count....Burnsie never used him correctly!!!

And Herschel was never REALLY a feature back IMHO!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Herschel doesn't count....Burnsie never used him correctly!!!

And Herschel was never REALLY a feature back IMHO!!!
    I know, I just couldn't resist though :twisted:

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

i like Moore, i think he can do it fulltime.
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast