Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PurpleSun is offline Rookie

Re: Fear rules the Vikings

But I will agree maybe "fear" isn't the right word, but a "lack of confidence".
    They just don't look like a team that comes into the game expecting to win.

The only player I think that comes in willing to leave his blood on the field is Peterson.

Before the season there was lots of bravado coming from Allen and company.
    That is all gone as they have yet to be anything but average.

Childress is the one that needs to correct this, but I feel the players have turned a deaf ear to his words.

I remember a couple years ago that Winfield had issues with Childresses play calling, but that seemed to go away.
    Why?
    Because it was useless to tell Childress that his system wasn't great, and if it wasn't it was the players.

Whether it's Childress and coaches or players this team hasn't the look of a team that is trying to win, they are just trying not to lose.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleSun" wrote:

The only player I think that comes in willing to leave his blood on the field is Peterson.

Childress is the one that needs to correct this, but I feel the players have turned a deaf ear to his words.

I remember a couple years ago that Winfield had issues with Childresses play calling, but that seemed to go away.
    Why?
    Because it was useless to tell Childress that his system wasn't great, and if it wasn't it was the players.

Whether it's Childress and coaches or players this team hasn't the look of a team that is trying to win, they are just trying not to lose.
    Well said.

I can't really add much to that, other than: Fire Childress.

And, EJ Henderson brings as much confidence, tenacity, and determination to the field as anyone else.

"Mr" wrote:
    "PurpleSun" wrote:

Why?

Well said.

I can't really add much to that, other than: Fire Childress.

And, EJ Henderson brings as much confidence, tenacity, and determination to the field as anyone else.
    Agreed, losing EJ for a month is going to be hard on the D.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It certainly is a different atmosphere than what they have in Pitt under Tomlin. In a press interview after they lost a few players he simply said that that was football and they weren't going to cry about it. He said that their opponents were probably happy they were losing players to injury.

With the Vikings the attitude seems to be that they cannot adapt and overcome those sort of things and I certainly don't see anything from the coaches that gives me the feeling that they have the confidence in themselves to win the tough games or to rise up and win or to come from behind to win a game.

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

I would be surprised if anyone is affraid of losing on any NFL team including ours. I think the team lacks Cohesion along both lines and I think that is what is stemming our issues all around the board. Every one needs a roll to fill it has to be clearly defined and accepted and work well with every one elses...Either the rolls havent been defined, the new faces arent filling them as fast as we wanted, or there is contention in the ranks.

Either way I blame teamwork and accountability. If I was making enough money in one season to retire off of I wouldnt be scared of anything. Maybe death.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

Derek Rick is offline Rookie

All i got to say is Fire Chilldress. The guy is worse than a high school coach. He has
    a so called kick ass offense. Its more like dead ass offense.
    We
    are a terrible team and it really sucks because we have some nice veterans on this team that deserve better than this. We really need to find a good coach and it can't be a coordinator it has to be
    A Cowher or MArty somebody that will help put more fans in seats. BTW the
    past few games have been fake sell outs for the Vikings because it was not full in there. Im hoping for a Vikings win tonight and next week but you just never know with this team ya know.

"Del" wrote:
    I would be surprised if anyone is affraid of losing on any NFL team including ours. I think the team lacks Cohesion along both lines and I think that is what is stemming our issues all around the board. Every one needs a roll to fill it has to be clearly defined and accepted and work well with every one elses...Either the rolls havent been defined, the new faces arent filling them as fast as we wanted, or there is contention in the ranks.

Either way I blame teamwork and accountability. If I was making enough money in one season to retire off of I wouldnt be scared of anything. Maybe death.
    It's a degree of fear that you aren't really sure if you should do something or not.
    Not the fear of getting hurt.

As I said before, you could call it lack of confidence or tenetiveness, but the end result is players and coaches making mistakes.

I could be wrong, it could very well be over eagerness on some that makes them try too hard and end up doing kak kak.

Any way you slice it this team doesn't have their head in the game.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

I agree it is fear.. however I don't think it is an internal fear that is the root cause.
    ;D

Simply..

Yeah, Yeah so we aren't exactly tearing it up either.. but jesting isn't always about reality is it.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:

Del:
    I don't think it has anything to do with fear of losing. I think it's fear of making mistakes. So you try to hard not to make mistakes that you do. You get tentative.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleSun" wrote:

Why?

Wow, even though I agree that this team has issues, I just don't understand some of your observations.......

A deaf ear?

Trying not to lose?

Maybe you aren't watching the games I am seeing.
    Seems to me we have been competitive every game and seem to make a stupid mistake (holding, fumble, INT) at the most inoportune of times which results in a loss.

Nope, I still think the team is buying what the Chiller (and staff) are selling.
    They just aren't being consistent enough to put it all together.

If I was seeing stuff like we are seeing from other teams (Bengals, Dallas, etc) then I might agree but to date I haven't seen anything like that or have I missed an article or two in my absence that has players dissenting? :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast