Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Favre's streak over

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1084277
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1084261
    Favre Ready To Call It A Career
    By Kevin Seifert

[about playing Monday]"I don't see any change today," Favre said. "... There is still some numbness and discomfort, so ... there's no way I would even consider it with those symptoms still. I think it would be foolish to even think that way."

He also was vague on the protocol for recovery. "I think time would be the best remedy," he said.

[about not playing the rest of the season]"If it is meant to be, it is meant to be," he said. "I am not going to beat myself up over it one way or the other. I know up to this point, I came in and did everything I could do, don't regret it one bit. If it is meant to be over, then so be it."
    Seems like this is the most sincere he's been yet. Yeah, we've heard this stuff before, but I think this time he actually means it. He doesn't want to play, his family doesn't want him to play. He's done. Watch from the sidelines, then go home to Mississippi and enjoy more money than most of us will ever see in our whole lives combined.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d81cf392f/Favre-talks-career-over?module=HP_video

If this is the end, Favre will have ended the last four seasons with an interception, and ended his time with every team with an interception
    Was his last pass (if any) as a Falcon an INT?
    in 1992, Favre threw 4 passes with two interceptions. in a 56 to 17 blowout, Andre Collins returned a 15 yard Brett Favre interception for a TD for the Redskins at the end of the fourth quarter. in his last game as a Falcon.

Favre's last pass was actually a fumble!

Look at the replay his arm was never moving forward. I know it was slotted as an interception but it was technically a fumble recovery that never hit the ground.

Just sayin'.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1084280
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1084277
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1084261
    Favre Ready To Call It A Career
    By Kevin Seifert

[about playing Monday]"I don't see any change today," Favre said. "... There is still some numbness and discomfort, so ... there's no way I would even consider it with those symptoms still. I think it would be foolish to even think that way."

He also was vague on the protocol for recovery. "I think time would be the best remedy," he said.

[about not playing the rest of the season]"If it is meant to be, it is meant to be," he said. "I am not going to beat myself up over it one way or the other. I know up to this point, I came in and did everything I could do, don't regret it one bit. If it is meant to be over, then so be it."
    Seems like this is the most sincere he's been yet. Yeah, we've heard this stuff before, but I think this time he actually means it. He doesn't want to play, his family doesn't want him to play. He's done. Watch from the sidelines, then go home to Mississippi and enjoy more money than most of us will ever see in our whole lives combined.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d81cf392f/Favre-talks-career-over?module=HP_video

If this is the end, Favre will have ended the last four seasons with an interception, and ended his time with every team with an interception
    Was his last pass (if any) as a Falcon an INT?
    in 1992, Favre threw 4 passes with two interceptions. in a 56 to 17 blowout, Andre Collins returned a 15 yard Brett Favre interception for a TD for the Redskins at the end of the fourth quarter. in his last game as a Falcon.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789