Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre's streak over

I have something to ponder over. What if the Metrodome is not ready for next Monday night. They play the Bears. Instead of playing in Detroit, what if they played in Green Bay? Brett Favre's last HOME game would be in Green Bay as a Viking. That would be like another slap in the face. I bet GB fans would be rooting for us too since they need the Bears to lose. LOL.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1083185
    I have something to ponder over. What if the Metrodome is not ready for next Monday night. They play the Bears. Instead of playing in Detroit, what if they played in Green Bay? Brett Favre's last HOME game would be in Green Bay as a Viking. That would be like another slap in the face. I bet GB fans would be rooting for us too since they need the Bears to lose. LOL.
    Oh thanks. What was starting out to be a OK day, just got worse.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083190
    LOL. Sorry bud! I just thought that would be pretty ironic.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1083191
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083190
    LOL. Sorry bud! I just thought that would be pretty ironic.
    NO WAY we play in Det for the Chicago game. That would be a homefield advantage for Chicago. Chicago fans would make that trip easy. Greenbay is even too close. I don't know what the solution is, but I hope those two aren't part of the equation.

We will see if Favre plays this week or for the rest of the season. He might just want to collect that paycheck and cash in the season. He will be sitting on the sideline thinking of how many lawnmowers he can buy in retirement.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quick hits:

1: Token starts shouldn't start...nor should Favre accept it if he has any integrity (And I think he does). If he starts, he better be there to play the whole game (Barring a re-injury). If not, suck it up and move on.

2: Texts to Mooch and gamesmanship...do you believe the text? Do you believe he can't go? I, for one, think we'll see Jackson...but Favre has payed through so much, he might just surprise everyone.

But, if you're New York, do you ignore the possibility?

Not on your life.

Favre's text ruined nothing. It just stirred the pot. If anything, it made it worse for NY because they won't have time to adjust regardless of what happens now...too damn much snow!!!

Caine

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I agree that Favre's text served only to stir the pot.

I'd add that it could even have been intentional pot-stirring.

But I'm AMAZED that people are still even discussing this.

I've been saying ALL WEEK that Favre would not be able to play.

I've also said all week that Frazier would NEVER give Favre a token start......and both Favre and Frazier have too much integrity to be so dishonest.

Also.....

Practical reasons:

1. That particular injury will not allow Favre to throw at an NFL level for at least 2 weeks, probably a month. I had a similar injury and couldn't throw right for months.

2. Token start is out because this will be more of a rushing game than a passing game. If one team gets a good lead there will be almost no chance of catching up.

Therefore, we can't afford to waste any plays early in the game.

Strange, not one other poster here has figured this stuff out....I've been saying it all week and I'm not even that smart.

What the hell HAPPENED to the rest of you?
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1083201
    Quick hits:

1: Token starts shouldn't start...nor should Favre accept it if he has any integrity (And I think he does). If he starts, he better be there to play the whole game (Barring a re-injury). If not, suck it up and move on.

2: Texts to Mooch and gamesmanship...do you believe the text? Do you believe he can't go? I, for one, think we'll see Jackson...but Favre has payed through so much, he might just surprise everyone.

But, if you're New York, do you ignore the possibility?

Not on your life.

Favre's text ruined nothing. It just stirred the pot. If anything, it made it worse for NY because they won't have time to adjust regardless of what happens now...too damn much snow!!!

Caine
    So you think a NFL player should be sending out stuff contrary to what the team is putting out?

Leslie says he could still play. The Noodle says he can't play. Sounds like someone isn't on the same page.

My guess, the confusion is coming from someone texting friends in the media, leaking information that he shouldn't be leaking or should be coming from the team vice a single player.

Of course, you could say thats all BS if you believe the Noodle should get special treatment in this area as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I won't recognize the streak after 297 if it's a token start.

But Favre's been known to pull that kind of stuff. Strahan's single season sack record anyone?

Favre has told some, including a USA Today reporter, that he doesn't think he will be able tonight against the New York Giants. Vikings interim coach Leslie Frazier said in a text message this morning that "there's a chance [Favre will play] because he's Brett, but he still has pain. We will see."
    Frazier: There's a chance Favre plays

Hey Coach Frazier. Get your chucklehead QB under control or get on the same message he is on. Your just making the organization even sillier than it already is looking of late by not getting this under control.

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1083228
    I won't recognize the streak after 297 if it's a token start.

But Favre's been known to pull that kind of stuff. Strahan's single season sack record anyone?
    Another record that is a joke because of that little incident.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast