Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Favre's most impressive stat is the way he's made his teammates better

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Favre's most impressive stat is the way he's made his teammates better

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Leadership matters most, Vikings QB Brett Favre says[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_13612045?source=rss
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Leadership matters most, Vikings QB Brett Favre says[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

You mean a leader can't be someone that is afraid of his shadow?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

You mean a leader can't be someone that is afraid of his shadow?
    Ghost and Mr. Chicken.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I like this one:

"He's helped my confidence a whole lot," said Rice, adding he's been watching film at home and trading text messages with Favre about ways to exploit defenses. "He's just helping me mature."

First-year starting center John Sullivan had a difficult task replacing veteran Matt Birk, but Sullivan has made fewer mistakes because of Favre.

"At times I've missed things that the defense is showing us and he comes up and makes the call, so you know that's the type of player he is and the knowledge of the game he has," Sullivan said. "He sees things based on his experience. It's definitely helping."
    Sage and Sully or TJ and Sully, I think we might have had a rocky transition! Looks like BF give Sully a year to mature while playing.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Nice read Marr. You are coming around nicely. I knew Favre would win you over eventually.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I like this one:

"He's helped my confidence a whole lot," said Rice, adding he's been watching film at home and trading text messages with Favre about ways to exploit defenses. "He's just helping me mature."

First-year starting center John Sullivan had a difficult task replacing veteran Matt Birk, but Sullivan has made fewer mistakes because of Favre.

"At times I've missed things that the defense is showing us and he comes up and makes the call, so you know that's the type of player he is and the knowledge of the game he has," Sullivan said. "He sees things based on his experience. It's definitely helping."
    Sage and Sully or TJ and Sully, I think we might have had a rocky transition! Looks like BF give Sully a year to mature while playing.
    The whole line call comment piqued my interest as well.
    I really thought Sully would benifit from his presence the most.
    TJ a close second.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I like this one:

Good find.
    Maybe I should have actually read the article.
    Makes perfect sense.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I like this one:

Good find.
    Maybe I should have actually read the article.
    Makes perfect sense.
    A lot has been mentioned previously how Favre didn't necessarily mentor younger QB's (i.e. Rodgers).
    Obviously he helps with the players on the field though.
    The Sully quote is a perfect example of verteran leadership and knowledge of the game on the field of play.
    I mentioned this after the first two games.
    Even though Favre wasn't lighting up the stat sheet early on, he is a difference maker; no doubt.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Very very veryyyyyyy good reads

Thanks for posting

Alot of the young players are coming into their own cuz of him

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast