Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Favre's arm benefiting from Peterson, Vikings' top

snowinapril wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    A excellent read my friend. Thanks.

The ole "Pitch Count" discussions comes up again. Some still say this isn't happening......

Childress is monitoring Favre's arm

Makes me kindof wonder, if the noodle is on a pitch count and AD has less carries than he had last year at this point, but we are still high up there in TOP and Offensive Plays, someone has to be carrying the load.

I wish I had a stat page were I could look at things like "Passing Attempts" and "Rushing attempts" for players so that I could see/compare how many a player had thrown/kicked/ran at a certain point in every year.
    Ummm, you mean like this one?
    http://jsonline.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=1025&fn=Brett&ln=Favre&team=16

For the record, Favre is right on pace with where he was at in 2007 and 2008. He is averaging about 32.5 attempts per game. His career average is 34.1 attempts per game.
    Only 6 rushes this season. Less than one a game.

This says to me that he is getting time to throw. No need to run. It says good pass protection even though he is going to be sacked more than 30 times this season. It says we have a good scheme in the KAO. It says that he is going to have a few more pass attempts. It also would coincide with the low INT numbers, not being frazzled in a pocket that is breaking down. Also it helps that passer rating. Taking an extra sack here and there instead of turning the ball over by throwing a INT. Smart decisions!

Wow! It is all adding up now. He does not have a noodle arm and it helps that he doesn't have to take extra licks running the ball.
    Well I wouldn't go that far. Don't make me pull up the quotes from El Syd or #4 again about the floater....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    snowinapril wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

The ole "Pitch Count" discussions comes up again. Some still say this isn't happening......

Makes me kindof wonder, if the noodle is on a pitch count and AD has less carries than he had last year at this point, but we are still high up there in TOP and Offensive Plays, someone has to be carrying the load.

I wish I had a stat page were I could look at things like "Passing Attempts" and "Rushing attempts" for players so that I could see/compare how many a player had thrown/kicked/ran at a certain point in every year.
    Ummm, you mean like this one?
    http://jsonline.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=1025&fn=Brett&ln=Favre&team=16

For the record, Favre is right on pace with where he was at in 2007 and 2008. He is averaging about 32.5 attempts per game. His career average is 34.1 attempts per game.
    Only 6 rushes this season. Less than one a game.

This says to me that he is getting time to throw. No need to run. It says good pass protection even though he is going to be sacked more than 30 times this season. It says we have a good scheme in the KAO. It says that he is going to have a few more pass attempts. It also would coincide with the low INT numbers, not being frazzled in a pocket that is breaking down. Also it helps that passer rating. Taking an extra sack here and there instead of turning the ball over by throwing a INT. Smart decisions!

Wow! It is all adding up now. He does not have a noodle arm and it helps that he doesn't have to take extra licks running the ball.
    Well I wouldn't go that far. Don't make me pull up the quotes from El Syd or #4 again about the floater....
    Like you never had a floater...... no big deal, just flush again.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:

The article you linked was only 4 sentences, one of them being:

Favre said his arm feels great and there are no limitations on him in practice
    So what's your point, that they had some concerns on how his body (including his arm) would hold up throughout the season? I'm sure they did and I'm sure they are monitoring it like everyone else, but it doesn't appear that there are any issues with him wearing down. Look at his last 4 weeks of play for evidence.

The discussion as I remember it around the 'ol pitch count was referring more to the games themselves which I thought was absolutely ridiculous. However, limiting his throws in practice does make sense if indeed there are issues or soreness. Apparently there isn't any issue so he is not being limited in practice, but you still want to try and point something out that isn't there.

The dude has a 112 passer rating while leading the team to 10-1 record (yes, along with his incredible supporting cast). He shows no signs of wear and puts us in the best position in years to make a legitimate run at a SB.

tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

The article you linked was only 4 sentences, one of them being:

Favre said his arm feels great and there are no limitations on him in practice
    So what's your point, that they had some concerns on how his body (including his arm) would hold up throughout the season? I'm sure they did and I'm sure they are monitoring it like everyone else, but it doesn't appear that there are any issues with him wearing down. Look at his last 4 weeks of play for evidence.

The discussion as I remember it around the 'ol pitch count was referring more to the games themselves which I thought was absolutely ridiculous. However, limiting his throws in practice does make sense if indeed there are issues or soreness. Apparently there isn't any issue so he is not being limited in practice, but you still want to try and point something out that isn't there.

The dude has a 112 passer rating while leading the team to 10-1 record (yes, along with his incredible supporting cast). He shows no signs of wear and puts us in the best position in years to make a legitimate run at a SB.
    LOL, did you read the rest of my follow-on posts? B)

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    I tried your links but neither one worked. What did you want to say?

Try typing something like this "Looks like there is no sign of wear in ol' #4's arm after all". It's a big step, but I think your man enough to do it.

tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Try typing something like this "Looks like there is no sign of wear in ol' #4's arm after all". It's a big step, but I think your man enough to do it.
    Try them again. Should work now. As to what did I want to say......I try not to comment on his Lordship and the Noodle. I usually don't have much good to say and what I do say usually isn't well recieved.

Just posting a few articles I thought were interesting that you guys would like (or dislike).

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Try them again. Should work now. As to what did I want to say......I try not to comment on his Lordship and the Noodle. I usually don't have much good to say and what I do say usually isn't well recieved.
    That's probably just because you're wrong and refuse to admit it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

That's probably just because you're wrong and refuse to admit it.

=Z=
    Perhaps just a case of noodle brain!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast