Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Favre.... Would you or wouldn't you?

Let me CLEARLY state that I am not trying to start a rumor...I do not believe in a million years it could or would ever happen.
    This is a hypathetical question to understand the PPO'ers REAL feelings toward Favre.

Question:
    If Favre were available and willing to come to the Vikes for the next two seasons to help mentor our current QB's....would you want him?

I truly get lots of joy out of watching Favre fail.
    Is this hatred simply because of the Packer factor?
    Sharper and Longwell seem to be fitting in with the Viking fans....could Favre EVER fit in with the Vike fans?
    If he put on a purple uniform would he receive instant acceptance??
    Or would he not stand a chance??

Bottom line....do you hate him because he is a Packer?
    Or do you just hate him..period?

I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre.... Would you or wouldn't you?

I would no want him if he was available, and I hate him since Madden and the media have shoved him down our throats fo so long.

To be clear.....
    I WOULD NOT want him to ever soil a Vikings Uniform!
    I selfishly wouldnt care if it would be a helpful mentoring process either....
    I was curious how many would feel the same way....and how many could look past the past....and hey...if it helps the Vikes...bring him on.
    Thanks for the response BLV
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Stop w/ the lying. You viking lovers KNOW you'd be happy to have Favre clothed in the "love boat"!!! The media would be all over the Vikings...and in a good way, at that! The Vikings would have MORE Monday Night games...heck, more prime time games, period, w/ Favre at the helm! Sales would go up! The Metro Dome (that's the name, right? not really sure) would be sold out for the rest of Favre's stay! And what would be even greater for you Viking lovers is that us PACKER BACKERS would go insane if Favre --of all teams-went to the Vikings. We wouldn't know how to react to him (never want to boo him, but couldn't cheer for him...esp. w/ him sportin' a vikings' jersey). We'd all be jumping off the Hoan Bridge!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Why would we pay him the money that he would want to mentor TJack...screw that...we can spend our money on better linemen for the right side...and let TJack learn on his own!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i hate the guy there is no way i would want to see him in purple

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    Stop w/ the lying. You viking lovers KNOW you'd be happy to have Favre clothed in the "love boat"!!! The media would be all over the Vikings...and in a good way, at that! The Vikings would have MORE Monday Night games...heck, more prime time games, period, w/ Favre at the helm! Sales would go up! The Metro Dome (that's the name, right? not really sure) would be sold out for the rest of Favre's stay! And what would be even greater for you Viking lovers is that us PACKER BACKERS would go insane if Favre --of all teams-went to the Vikings. We wouldn't know how to react to him (never want to boo him, but couldn't cheer for him...esp. w/ him sportin' a vikings' jersey). We'd all be jumping off the Hoan Bridge!
    Who cares about the Monday Night Games and the prime time games.
    The only prime time game that matters is the Super Bold and Old Man Cry Baby Farve won't get us there.

I can wait to watch Packer fans jump off bridges when dweedle dumb retires.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Badlands,
    last time i
    check, NO ONE was able to get the VIKINGS to the big dance!
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"bono" wrote:
    Badlands,
    last time i
    check, NO ONE was able to get the VIKINGS to the big dance!
    and the last time favre was there was ten years ago.... and wont be going there anytime soon...

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Why would we pay him the money that he would want to mentor TJack...screw that...we can spend our money on better linemen for the right side...and let TJack learn on his own!
    Cajun....
    this question had nothing to do with reality, money, or if it would ever happen...
    It really was more for my own curiosity of PPO'ers deep down feelings toward Favre.
    Is there a senerio that you could ever see yourself in favor of Favre being a Viking??
    Or do you hate him to the core and no matter what the circumstance....you would NEVER want him in Purple.

The LOGICAL me would say...heck yes....bring him in for the purpose of making the team better in the long run....the VIKING fan in me says no, never....it isnt just that he was a Packer...ala Sharper & Longwell....
    Favre IS the Packers.
    Their face....their identity..... and forever to be hated by any real Viking fan......

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast