Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Favre walked off the feild early?

somebody said in 2001 he walked out early??...Whats the story behind that?

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

bender_over is offline Rookie

It was three years ago.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

It was actually during the 2002 season (I thought it was 2001 too).

1st meeting of the season between the Vikes and packers. Minnesota beat them in the Dome. Favre threw 3 picks - 2 of them to Greg Biekert.

Anyway, it was a 31-21 Minnesota win, but Favre cost the Packers the game by throwing the 3 picks. With @ 34-37 seconds left on the clock, he walked to the locker room.

I believe that the Vikes had just converted another 1st down, and there was almost no chance of Green Bay getting the ball back...HOWEVER, it didn't excuse the walk-off. Had they won, you know damn well Favre would have been out there "shaking hands" and such.

Hovan, while never sacking Favre, pressured him quite a lot and really got into his head. This game started the Hovan-vs-Favre issue.

Later that season, we had the infamous "Referee Game" in Lambeau..where the brawl broke out. Favre being halted in his tracks by Hovan was the highpoint of that game for me. Watching the coaches scramble to get between them (With Favre running his mouth the whole time) was hilarious.

IMO, 2002 was the lowpoint of Favre's career. He acted uncharacteristicly poorly during those two meetings...something I hadn't seen from him previously...or since.

Caine

oh ok I remember now...I wish Hovan and Favre could have had a few seconds to go at it....Would have been fun for us Viking fans to watch...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

where are the pack fans on this one? Favre is the ultimate team player my ass... he's all about himself. Yet they have the nerve to talk about Moss and his selfishness. I'm not agreeing with what Moss did... pissed me off actually, but its hilarious how Pack fans are all ready to jump all over Moss, but they gladly forget that Favre hasn't been a model person either.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"Caine" wrote:
    It was actually during the 2002 season (I thought it was 2001 too).

1st meeting of the season between the Vikes and packers. Minnesota beat them in the Dome. Favre threw 3 picks - 2 of them to Greg Biekert.

Anyway, it was a 31-21 Minnesota win, but Favre cost the Packers the game by throwing the 3 picks. With @ 34-37 seconds left on the clock, he walked to the locker room.

I believe that the Vikes had just converted another 1st down, and there was almost no chance of Green Bay getting the ball back...HOWEVER, it didn't excuse the walk-off. Had they won, you know damn well Favre would have been out there "shaking hands" and such.

Hovan, while never sacking Favre, pressured him quite a lot and really got into his head. This game started the Hovan-vs-Favre issue.

Later that season, we had the infamous "Referee Game" in Lambeau..where the brawl broke out. Favre being halted in his tracks by Hovan was the highpoint of that game for me. Watching the coaches scramble to get between them (With Favre running his mouth the whole time) was hilarious.

IMO, 2002 was the lowpoint of Favre's career. He acted uncharacteristicly poorly during those two meetings...something I hadn't seen from him previously...or since.

Caine
    Well then, Favre is a punk and just out for himself and he doesn't care about the packers, the fans, or the organization. He just cares about himself. He's a scumbag.

Well, at least thats what some posters said of moss for doing the same thing Sunday. (grinning)
    Can't have the cake and eat it to......

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Too bad Hovan never lived up to his own hype.

cheesefree is offline Starter

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    where are the pack fans on this one?
    Good question. No Packer fan rebuttal? No Packer fans remember that game?
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"cheesefree" wrote:
    "triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    where are the pack fans on this one?
    Good question. No Packer fan rebuttal? No Packer fans remember that game?
    They remember, they just cannot reply with their foot stuck down their throats......
    I have a much lower opinion, but you get my point.....

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

still no response???

By Pack93z

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast