Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51
  1. #41
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099110
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099061
    Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1099025
    This "debate" has became incredibly stale and boring...about 6 months ago.
    I hear ya my friend. I PM'd DOC and told him I was gonna hijack his thread and stear it away from the topic.

    What does he do, after all my hard work, makes one comment to Caine and ruins all my hard work.......:laugh:
    I made the post before I saw the PM but I appreciate your effort to move forward.

    BTW, I think I'll try to bum a beer off Caine at one of the tailgates. I think he will have some extras! :lol:
    No worries my friend. Its your thread.

    Not sure about the Caine thing. He never seems to be at the games I go to. Truth is, has anyone ever met him?

    Maybe he is really the Chiller.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #42
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099060
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1099031
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1099023
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098897
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1098890
    I am asking anyone who would like to see these endless, pointless debates cease.
    Please, post your opinion.

    This is becoming detrimental to the site. Petty pointless arguements.

    Maybe we can get the mods to start deleting this crap.
    But isn't almost everything a "petty pointless argument"?

    Not trying to start one here, or spit in your eye, but the fact is that since we are primarily a discussion based site, we're going to be flooded with discussions which may, at some point, reach the "endless, pointless" side of the line.

    People will always ponder the unproveable:

    Who was the best Vikings HC?

    Who was the best QB?

    Who was the best....

    see what I mean?

    And, aside from entertainment value, there is really no point to any of this. We're not affecting policy, and the Vikings aren't game planning based on what we write (although they SHOULD...we'd have canned Chiller LONG AGO). We're just a bunch of fans who spew our opinions - some more factually based than others - and see what happens.

    And while I sometimes, tire of having to post the same factual rebuttals to the same "stupid" assertions, I take comfort in knowing one thing...


    ...Marrdro is buying me beer.

    Caine
    You can make the argument most posts are pointless and petty, and in fact meningless, given the fact it's a fan site intended for entertainment purposes. I would go so far as to say that is accepted as obvious.

    But the word you missed was "endless".
    You see it's the redundancy of threads degenerating into the same tired, contentious debate I object to.

    And it is endless because the one poster who is on the wrong side of the issue lives in denial.

    Perhaps we shouldn't respond to his baiting!

    BTW, what kind of beer did you win?
    Extrapolating from your comment: So, we need to ban Marrdro?

    :woohoo:

    As for the beer, Mr. Denial states that he has this season for Jackson to prove to ME that he's a worthwhile QB. Gonna be tough to do since Jackson won't see the field anywhere. That means that at the end of this season, Marrdro is buying me copious quantities of MGD light.

    ...see, I don't really like beer...I just love to pee....

    :whistle:

    Caine
    Ha, when I pay beer bets its not with that crap.... A few local selections you can send something to me from.....

    Beer and Breweries in Virginia


    And I do have this season. Lest we forget the bet, which we can't cause I've pulled the particulars up at least 2 times to remind you of what was bet.

    And TJ will see the season this year. What will be hard is getting you to admit that you were wrong after he plays.
    I've never had to admit I was wrong after all the OTHER times he played...what makes you think it will be any different when he's home watching games on TV like the rest of us?

    Caine

  3. #43
    gamecocksbaseball31's Avatar
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,499

    Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098898
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098897
    ...Marrdro is buying me beer.

    Caine
    I have reserverd room in my fridge for the cold frosty brews that you and our good friend EJ will soon be buying me.

    On a side note, with respect to the FRICKEN NOODLE.

    ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for two years. The team carried him one year and he sucked ass the second. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

    In the end, he wasn't our best chance, he fucked it up and all of the ones who claimed he was our savior were wrong.............

    Lets move on to bigger and better things.
    If you are really going to be that IGNORANT with comments like that, I don't know if I can continue to take your posts seriously. Usually you have good posts which I read and consider (and usually agree with) your point of view, but this is just ignorance.

    First off, you cannot tell me TJ would have been a better option for the last two years than Brett Favre. Period.

    Secondly, the team carried Favre? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! The team played well, yes. But Brett Favre had one of his top three best seasons his first year in the purple and gold (maybe his best season ever). You're right, we didn't reach the Super Bowl. You're right, he did throw the INT at the end of the 4th. BUT with that game remember, A) we shouldn't have been throwing the ball in the first place. Chilly is an idiot. B) That INT didn't lose us the game. It sent it into OT.

    Just because you have a strong hatred for Favre doesn't mean you can deny the fact that he WAS the best option at that point in time. No one on our roster, TJ or Sage, compared to him. Please don't be ignorant and give the man some credit.

  4. #44
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

    Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1099253
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098898
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098897
    ...Marrdro is buying me beer.

    Caine
    I have reserverd room in my fridge for the cold frosty brews that you and our good friend EJ will soon be buying me.

    On a side note, with respect to the FRICKEN NOODLE.

    ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for two years. The team carried him one year and he sucked ass the second. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

    In the end, he wasn't our best chance, he fucked it up and all of the ones who claimed he was our savior were wrong.............

    Lets move on to bigger and better things.
    If you are really going to be that IGNORANT with comments like that, I don't know if I can continue to take your posts seriously. Usually you have good posts which I read and consider (and usually agree with) your point of view, but this is just ignorance.

    First off, you cannot tell me TJ would have been a better option for the last two years than Brett Favre. Period.

    Secondly, the team carried Favre? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! The team played well, yes. But Brett Favre had one of his top three best seasons his first year in the purple and gold (maybe his best season ever). You're right, we didn't reach the Super Bowl. You're right, he did throw the INT at the end of the 4th. BUT with that game remember, A) we shouldn't have been throwing the ball in the first place. Chilly is an idiot. B) That INT didn't lose us the game. It sent it into OT.

    Just because you have a strong hatred for Favre doesn't mean you can deny the fact that he WAS the best option at that point in time. No one on our roster, TJ or Sage, compared to him. Please don't be ignorant and give the man some credit.
    You know, if I wasn't a bit thick skinned, I would get pissed about being called "Ignorant" so many times.

    Quick question, if I were to post quotes from the Noodle that said the team carried him in 09, would you call him ignorant?

    And on a side note, WHO THE FUCK CARES IF YOU DON'T TAKE MY POSTS SERIOUSLY. Its a damn discussion site. Not life and death. I'm nothing more than a yutz fan (much like you) that has an opinion.

    MY OPINION IS THE NOODLE WASTED 2 YEARS OF MY TIME. Don't like that opinion, change my mind. Starting out by calling me ignorant isn't gonna get you down that road very fast though my friend. It will only make me post more IGNORANT SHIT just to spin you up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #45
    gamecocksbaseball31's Avatar
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,499

    Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099284
    Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1099253
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098898
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098897
    ...Marrdro is buying me beer.

    Caine
    I have reserverd room in my fridge for the cold frosty brews that you and our good friend EJ will soon be buying me.

    On a side note, with respect to the FRICKEN NOODLE.

    ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for two years. The team carried him one year and he sucked ass the second. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

    In the end, he wasn't our best chance, he fucked it up and all of the ones who claimed he was our savior were wrong.............

    Lets move on to bigger and better things.
    If you are really going to be that IGNORANT with comments like that, I don't know if I can continue to take your posts seriously. Usually you have good posts which I read and consider (and usually agree with) your point of view, but this is just ignorance.

    First off, you cannot tell me TJ would have been a better option for the last two years than Brett Favre. Period.

    Secondly, the team carried Favre? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! The team played well, yes. But Brett Favre had one of his top three best seasons his first year in the purple and gold (maybe his best season ever). You're right, we didn't reach the Super Bowl. You're right, he did throw the INT at the end of the 4th. BUT with that game remember, A) we shouldn't have been throwing the ball in the first place. Chilly is an idiot. B) That INT didn't lose us the game. It sent it into OT.

    Just because you have a strong hatred for Favre doesn't mean you can deny the fact that he WAS the best option at that point in time. No one on our roster, TJ or Sage, compared to him. Please don't be ignorant and give the man some credit.
    You know, if I wasn't a bit thick skinned, I would get pissed about being called "Ignorant" so many times.

    Quick question, if I were to post quotes from the Noodle that said the team carried him in 09, would you call him ignorant?

    And on a side note, WHO THE FUCK CARES IF YOU DON'T TAKE MY POSTS SERIOUSLY. Its a damn discussion site. Not life and death. I'm nothing more than a yutz fan (much like you) that has an opinion.

    MY OPINION IS THE NOODLE WASTED 2 YEARS OF MY TIME. Don't like that opinion, change my mind. Starting out by calling me ignorant isn't gonna get you down that road very fast though my friend. It will only make me post more IGNORANT SHIT just to spin you up.
    So you're saying you believe Favre when he would say the team carried him, but when he says something about him making a play you doubt it? Hmmm... Seems fair.

    Favre wasted two years of your time? I can't say for certain, but can almost guarantee that you were on the edge of your seat just like the rest of us throughout the whole season hoping and wishing for that Super Bowl. Without Brett Favre we wouldn't have won the division. T-Jack or Sage would NOT have won the division.

  6. #46
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

    I honestly can't believe you think that Tjack is going to be good somewhere. The biggest delusion I've ever seen.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  7. #47
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099284
    Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1099253
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098898
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098897
    ...Marrdro is buying me beer.

    Caine
    I have reserverd room in my fridge for the cold frosty brews that you and our good friend EJ will soon be buying me.

    On a side note, with respect to the FRICKEN NOODLE.

    ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for two years. The team carried him one year and he sucked ass the second. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

    In the end, he wasn't our best chance, he fucked it up and all of the ones who claimed he was our savior were wrong.............

    Lets move on to bigger and better things.
    If you are really going to be that IGNORANT with comments like that, I don't know if I can continue to take your posts seriously. Usually you have good posts which I read and consider (and usually agree with) your point of view, but this is just ignorance.

    First off, you cannot tell me TJ would have been a better option for the last two years than Brett Favre. Period.

    Secondly, the team carried Favre? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! The team played well, yes. But Brett Favre had one of his top three best seasons his first year in the purple and gold (maybe his best season ever). You're right, we didn't reach the Super Bowl. You're right, he did throw the INT at the end of the 4th. BUT with that game remember, A) we shouldn't have been throwing the ball in the first place. Chilly is an idiot. B) That INT didn't lose us the game. It sent it into OT.

    Just because you have a strong hatred for Favre doesn't mean you can deny the fact that he WAS the best option at that point in time. No one on our roster, TJ or Sage, compared to him. Please don't be ignorant and give the man some credit.
    You know, if I wasn't a bit thick skinned, I would get pissed about being called "Ignorant" so many times.

    Quick question, if I were to post quotes from the Noodle that said the team carried him in 09, would you call him ignorant?

    And on a side note, WHO THE FUCK CARES IF YOU DON'T TAKE MY POSTS SERIOUSLY. Its a damn discussion site. Not life and death. I'm nothing more than a yutz fan (much like you) that has an opinion.

    MY OPINION IS THE NOODLE WASTED 2 YEARS OF MY TIME. Don't like that opinion, change my mind. Starting out by calling me ignorant isn't gonna get you down that road very fast though my friend. It will only make me post more IGNORANT SHIT just to spin you up.
    Marrdro you ignorant slut....


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80nW6AOhTs

  8. #48
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

    Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1099298
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099284
    Quote Originally Posted by "gamecocksbaseball31" #1099253
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098898
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098897
    ...Marrdro is buying me beer.

    Caine
    I have reserverd room in my fridge for the cold frosty brews that you and our good friend EJ will soon be buying me.

    On a side note, with respect to the FRICKEN NOODLE.

    ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for two years. The team carried him one year and he sucked ass the second. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

    In the end, he wasn't our best chance, he fucked it up and all of the ones who claimed he was our savior were wrong.............

    Lets move on to bigger and better things.
    If you are really going to be that IGNORANT with comments like that, I don't know if I can continue to take your posts seriously. Usually you have good posts which I read and consider (and usually agree with) your point of view, but this is just ignorance.

    First off, you cannot tell me TJ would have been a better option for the last two years than Brett Favre. Period.

    Secondly, the team carried Favre? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! The team played well, yes. But Brett Favre had one of his top three best seasons his first year in the purple and gold (maybe his best season ever). You're right, we didn't reach the Super Bowl. You're right, he did throw the INT at the end of the 4th. BUT with that game remember, A) we shouldn't have been throwing the ball in the first place. Chilly is an idiot. B) That INT didn't lose us the game. It sent it into OT.

    Just because you have a strong hatred for Favre doesn't mean you can deny the fact that he WAS the best option at that point in time. No one on our roster, TJ or Sage, compared to him. Please don't be ignorant and give the man some credit.
    You know, if I wasn't a bit thick skinned, I would get pissed about being called "Ignorant" so many times.

    Quick question, if I were to post quotes from the Noodle that said the team carried him in 09, would you call him ignorant?

    And on a side note, WHO THE FUCK CARES IF YOU DON'T TAKE MY POSTS SERIOUSLY. Its a damn discussion site. Not life and death. I'm nothing more than a yutz fan (much like you) that has an opinion.

    MY OPINION IS THE NOODLE WASTED 2 YEARS OF MY TIME. Don't like that opinion, change my mind. Starting out by calling me ignorant isn't gonna get you down that road very fast though my friend. It will only make me post more IGNORANT SHIT just to spin you up.
    So you're saying you believe Favre when he would say the team carried him, but when he says something about him making a play you doubt it? Hmmm... Seems fair.

    Favre wasted two years of your time? I can't say for certain, but can almost guarantee that you were on the edge of your seat just like the rest of us throughout the whole season hoping and wishing for that Super Bowl. Without Brett Favre we wouldn't have won the division. T-Jack or Sage would NOT have won the division.
    I believe it was more important for Marty to see Brett fail that to see the Vikings win a championship. If they had won the SB with Brett as QB he wouldn't have acknowledged the victory.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    166

    Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

    the fact of the matter is that Tjack got his opportunity last year and BLEW IT. end of debate.

  10. #50
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

    Quote Originally Posted by "mad-dog_six-eight" #1099320
    the fact of the matter is that Tjack got his opportunity last year and BLEW IT. end of debate.
    And two years before, and the year before that, and the year before that

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre-Vikings better than Favre-Packers
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 03:02 PM
  2. For many Vikings, closing arguments await
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 09:03 PM
  3. What if Favre doesn't come?
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 252
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 06:00 AM
  4. Brett Favre Foils Al-Qaeda Plot to Bomb Brett Favre
    By Prophet in forum Trash the Pack
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 08:03 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •