Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098898
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098897
    ...Marrdro is buying me beer.

Caine
    I have reserverd room in my fridge for the cold frosty brews that you and our good friend EJ will soon be buying me.

On a side note, with respect to TJ.

ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for 5 years. The team carried him for 12 of his wins and he sucked ass the rest. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

In the end, he wasn't our best chance, he fucked it up and all of the ones who claimed he was our savior were wrong.............

Lets move on to bigger and better things.
    Man Marty. I couldn't have said it better myself.:evil:

Sorry Jargo.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098915
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098913

Caine
    I have reserverd room in my fridge for the cold frosty brews that you and our good friend EJ will soon be buying me.

On a side note, with respect to the FRICKEN NOODLE.

ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for two years. The team carried him one year and he sucked ass the second. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

In the end, he wasn't our best chance, he fucked it up and all of the ones who claimed he was our savior were wrong.............

I agree-

Chiller sucks.......
    One thing I was looking forward to, that the Chiller did (that pissed me off to no end), was to see the team get off to a fast start cause they were prepared during the offseason by the coaching staff.

I'm gonna give Ole Leslie a pass this year in that regard. I think he has a good excuse.

Truth of the matter is, I'm not sure he doesn't have a unleapable hurdle in his way anyways. Seems, based on the participation by our vets, that we don't have a corp group of vets who now believe that offseason work is important.

Wonder were that crap game from?:huh:
    It came from the guy who assembled them. Chiller.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098917
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098913

Caine

On a side note, with respect to the FRICKEN NOODLE.

ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for two years. The team carried him one year and he sucked ass the second. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

I agree-

Chiller sucks.......
    One thing I was looking forward to, that the Chiller did (that pissed me off to no end), was to see the team get off to a fast start cause they were prepared during the offseason by the coaching staff.

I'm gonna give Ole Leslie a pass this year in that regard. I think he has a good excuse.

Truth of the matter is, I'm not sure he doesn't have a unleapable hurdle in his way anyways. Seems, based on the participation by our vets, that we don't have a corp group of vets who now believe that offseason work is important.

It came from the guy who assembled them. Chiller.
    Could be. At first, though, he ran a pretty damn tough camp which he sure seemed to stray from as time wore on.

IMHO, I believe he could have got away with it as his young team matured, but only if he (and the FO pukes) would have continue to build through the draft instead of trying to fix things through FA.

Again, I didn't much like watching rookes learn on the field but when guys like Griff started to shine, they were only about a year away from actually having something that would have been a damn solid team.

By the way, I think its still there, but we will have to jettison a few who have strayed from that path.

One hope that I have is that Griff will come back healthy and step on the field and take charge. I think he is a natural born leader. He, along with Greenway can lift this team.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Caine
    [strike]I have reserverd room in my fridge for the cold frosty brews that you and our good friend EJ will soon be buying me.[/strike]

On a side note, with respect to the [strike]FRICKEN NOODLE[/strike].

ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for two years. [strike]The team carried him one year and[/strike] he sucked [strike]ass [/strike]the second. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

In the end, [strike]he wasn't our best chance, he fucked it up and all of the ones who claimed he was our savior were wrong[/strike].............

Edited for accuracy

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Must have been the Chiller's soft training camps...

But lets put it this way, if the Chiller held his ground, Favre would have been at camp. Youc an't entirely blame him for not showing up. I'm sure if given the option, 70% of vets would not go to camp.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098923

Agree on the blame game goes to the Chiller my friend.

But lets put it this way, if the Chiller held his ground, Favre would have been at camp. Youc an't entirely blame him for not showing up. I'm sure if given the option, 70% of vets would not go to camp.
    Not for some teams. Sure seems to be alot of them participating on teams around the league.

Only one that hasn't had a good turnout was the Vikes.

When you compare the Vikes (lots of contract questions) to a team like the Pats (all 53 men from last year are under long term contracts) it can almost be taken down the discussion road of how much blame do you lay at the feet of the FO pukes?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Chiller was out the door when the season ended. Lots of time for the Vikes to ink some players that deserve to be inked.

CBA thing be damned, other teams got stuff done.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098934
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098923

Agree on the blame game goes to the Chiller my friend.

Not for some teams. Sure seems to be alot of them participating on teams around the league.

Only one that hasn't had a good turnout was the Vikes.
    Really? You have numbers for ALL teams? It would seem you would need to have that to make the claim the Vikings were teh ONLY team without much of a showing.

Thing is, Vikings are one of the few teams who have a rookie QB, and all new coaches. Hard to establish any type of leadership that way.

Our start player, Peterson is not, and has never been a vocal leader. More of a lead by example guy. Harvin is a young guy in the system, not as established as a leader. I was hoping someone like Hutch, K-Dubb or EJ would step up and arrange something, but alas, seems not the case.

When you compare the Vikes (lots of contract questions) to a team like the Pats (all 53 men from last year are under long term contracts) it can almost be taken down the discussion road of how much blame do you lay at the feet of the FO pukes?
    I lay almost all blame on Wilf to be honest. I'm a firm believer that your troubles start at the top. I blame Wilf for not insisting we fix the QB position, I blame Wilf for allowing Chilly to stay on staff, nevermind extending him halfway through the 09 season, I blame Wilf for screwing around so much with the Stadium that we're int he position we are. I blame Wilf for not hiring a GM, and pretending like he is playing franchise mode in Madden.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Chiller was out the door when the season ended. Lots of time for the Vikes to ink some players that deserve to be inked.
    That is not one of the things that I blame him for. Again, you are incorrect in your assumption. most teams have NOT signed all their players, or even most of them. There are a TON of potential free agents this season, and the talent level out there is very high. I'd far rather we let some guys walk than wind up in Cap hell.
    CBA thing be damned, other teams got stuff done.
    No, they really haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098935
    Really? You have numbers for ALL teams? It would seem you would need to have that to make the claim the Vikings were teh ONLY team without much of a showing.
    I don't have numbers, but all one has to do is look at the other teams sites or watch NFLN.

Vikings are pretty embarrassssssing.

Good place to see what all the teams are doing

Thing is, Vikings are one of the few teams who have a rookie QB, and all new coaches. Hard to establish any type of leadership that way.

Our start player, Peterson is not, and has never been a vocal leader. More of a lead by example guy. Harvin is a young guy in the system, not as established as a leader. I was hoping someone like Hutch, K-Dubb or EJ would step up and arrange something, but alas, seems not the case.
    I noticed over the past few weeks you've hacked on Ponder for not being a established leader and thats why no one showed up.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the QB being a rookie and everything to do with the Vikings having a piss poor group of players worrying about their contracts. The ones that are under contract are pissed cause the others aren't. Nothing more, nothing less.

Again, the link above will give you lots of articles to read on that.

I lay almost all blame on Wilf to be honest. I'm a firm believer that your troubles start at the top. I blame Wilf for not insisting we fix the QB position, I blame Wilf for allowing Chilly to stay on staff, nevermind extending him halfway through the 09 season, I blame Wilf for screwing around so much with the Stadium that we're int he position we are. I blame Wilf for not hiring a GM, and pretending like he is playing franchise mode in Madden.
    Almost agree with all of the above but how can you blame the Wilfs for the stadium?

No, they really haven't.
    Again, you probably haven't been reading much about the other teams if you believe that.

Can't get to the KFFL site for some reason but here is an exammple of what was done.

2011 NFL Free Agency Recap
    Lots more low level stuff that most casual fans don't read about cause the cats aren't headliners.

As with the other two points....Sportspyder has lots of articles on those deals.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Even with both no longer members of the Vikings.. the battle rages on here on PPO! :laugh: B)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098939
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098935
    I don't have numbers, but all one has to do is look at the other teams sites or watch NFLN.

Vikings are pretty embarrassssssing.

Good place to see what all the teams are doing
    Do noubt, but making a bold statement as the 'worst'? There are teams who haven't even attempted workouts yet.

Our star player, Peterson is not, and has never been a vocal leader. More of a lead by example guy. Harvin is a young guy in the system, not as established as a leader. I was hoping someone like Hutch, K-Dubb or EJ would step up and arrange something, but alas, seems not the case.
    I noticed over the past few weeks you've hacked on Ponder for not being a established leader and thats why no one showed up.
    Not hacking, my friend, simply stating a fact. A rookie QB, during a lockout, without the ability to communicate with the rest of the team can not be a leader right away. The team WILL NOT just give him respect, it has to be earned. That's how it works in all level of sports. Think of it like the movie Any Given Sunday. Hotshot young kid comes in after an old guy gets hurt/retires. Teammates don't respect him because he has not earned it. After time, it all works out. Exact same situation here. They need to work together, develop friendships and a mutual respect and trust for one another. Until then, Ponder calling people up saying "come out to Florida for a workout" will have very little success.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with the QB being a rookie and everything to do with the Vikings having a piss poor group of players worrying about their contracts. The ones that are under contract are pissed cause the others aren't. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Thing is, most teams are like that. Not everyone gets re-signed, especially in the lockout. Bengals managed 40 players to their workout, and they are in just as rough shape as we are. Reason is Palmer (his bro, not Carson) has been on the team for a while, and he's able to get guys to show up. If Andy Dalton were to try and host that workout, I doubt you see alot of attendance either. It allc omes down to respect. Ponder doesn't have it yet.
    [quote]
    Almost agree with all of the above but how can you blame the Wilfs for the stadium?[/quote
    Wilf's seemed to have a good thing going a few years back, but apparantly they kept flip-flopping between playing in Anoka or Minneapolis, Anoka said "screw this, go somewhere else" because it wasn't going anywhere and they were gettingp layed. To date he has not comitted to anything yet, just a dollar amount. A dollar amount, that I might add, which seems unnecessarily high, and the state seems to be unwilling to help with.

He absolutely has a huge amount of blame for the inability to get anything done. He's the leader of our entire team.

He's willing to put up $400 million himself for a stadium. Fantastic. But he needs to be willing to work with others to make this happen, and so far, he's not committed to a thing. I get that he needs to make sure everything is right before actually getting started, but we are running out of time. Make a few concessions, build an outdoor stadium with the ability to add a roof at a later date if necessary. Make it a fixed roof. Both are ways to shave millions off the cost.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast