Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

I am asking anyone who would like to see these endless, pointless debates cease.
    Please, post your opinion.

This is becoming detrimental to the site. Petty pointless arguements.

Maybe we can get the mods to start deleting this crap.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Favre vs TJ Arguments , Will it Ever End ?

I will raise my hand as being guilty as charged but I will take exception to the point that they are detrimental to the site.:evil:

IMHO the NFL owners and players are to blame for the dropoff in fan interest and not a few debates on past and current players.

I stated at the beginning of the lockout that I was going to continually post on Childress and Jackson and keep it up until they reach an agreement and get back to work and I intend to keep my word until the agreement or the green dot, whichever comes first.:woohoo:

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I think it will be an eternal debate. Sorry. But I don't know why, the facts are, Favre had an amazing year with us, our whole team clicked and played amazing, and the second year was the opposite with no one playing well. Tarvaris had a lot of chances, was jerked around, showed true professionalism in the way he handled everything, and in the end, the coaches didn't believe in him and neither did the majority of the fans. He's gone and doesn't matter anymore.

Once NFL gets back on track, we will have actual stuff to discuss, but people will still find ways to drag up the past. That's just the way it is. I think we all need a Super Bowl Win to clear our slates. That would solve all problems.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

there's really no debate.

Favre was..
    just kidding :P

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1098890
    I am asking anyone who would like to see these endless, pointless debates cease.
    Please, post your opinion.

This is becoming detrimental to the site. Petty pointless arguements.

Maybe we can get the mods to start deleting this crap.
    But isn't almost everything a "petty pointless argument"?

Not trying to start one here, or spit in your eye, but the fact is that since we are primarily a discussion based site, we're going to be flooded with discussions which may, at some point, reach the "endless, pointless" side of the line.

People will always ponder the unproveable:

Who was the best Vikings HC?

Who was the best QB?

Who was the best....

see what I mean?

And, aside from entertainment value, there is really no point to any of this. We're not affecting policy, and the Vikings aren't game planning based on what we write (although they SHOULD...we'd have canned Chiller LONG AGO). We're just a bunch of fans who spew our opinions - some more factually based than others - and see what happens.

And while I sometimes, tire of having to post the same factual rebuttals to the same "stupid" assertions, I take comfort in knowing one thing...

...Marrdro is buying me beer.

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098897

Caine
    I have reserverd room in my fridge for the cold frosty brews that you and our good friend EJ will soon be buying me.

On a side note, with respect to the FRICKEN NOODLE.

ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for two years. The team carried him one year and he sucked ass the second. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

In the end, he wasn't our best chance, he fucked it up and all of the ones who claimed he was our savior were wrong.............

Lets move on to bigger and better things.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098898

Caine
    I have reserverd room in my fridge for the cold frosty brews that you and our good friend EJ will soon be buying me.

ENOUGH ALREADY. The guy came in for two years. The team carried him one year and he sucked ass the second. Kindof like Randall Cunningham and we don't slob all over his knob all day long.

In the end, he wasn't our best chance, he fucked it up and all of the ones who claimed he was our savior were wrong.............

Pot = stirred

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Caine

I agree-

Chiller sucks.......

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098910

Caine

Pot = stirred
    [strike]LOL, you know me to well my friend[/strike]. Wait, you misunderstood what I was saying again. :lol:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098913

Caine

I agree-

Chiller sucks.......
    One thing I was looking forward to, that the Chiller did (that pissed me off to no end), was to see the team get off to a fast start cause they were prepared during the offseason by the coaching staff.

I'm gonna give Ole Leslie a pass this year in that regard. I think he has a good excuse.

Truth of the matter is, I'm not sure he doesn't have a unleapable hurdle in his way anyways. Seems, based on the participation by our vets, that we don't have a corp group of vets who now believe that offseason work is important.

Wonder were that crap game from?:huh:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast