Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre upgraded to questionable

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085076
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1084987
    Well that didn't last long. But then again what QB can last when sullivan and cook are blocking for you.pathetic excuse for offensive linemen.
    What mystifies me is that every good team in the league has figured out that when you see an allout blitz you either throw a quick throw or you hand it off.

Not the Vikings. Our QBs insist on standing in the pocket, waiting for a deep or intermediate route to open up.

Don't get me wrong, I could see that happening (at least the intermediate route) if we had 01 or 00 package in but not when you have a 21 or a 22 set in there it doesn't take much to cover the outside guys.

What should really be happening is what they did with Percy for the TD. A quick throw to the outside were the reciever has a one on one matchup instead of trying to deep all the damn time.

Instead we seem to think we can block 8 with 5 and go deep on every throw for some reason. Makes no sense and leaves me mystified.
    So how is that the QBs fault?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Favre upgraded to questionable

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1085088
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085076
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1084987
    Well that didn't last long. But then again what QB can last when sullivan and cook are blocking for you.pathetic excuse for offensive linemen.
    What mystifies me is that every good team in the league has figured out that when you see an allout blitz you either throw a quick throw or you hand it off.

Not the Vikings. Our QBs insist on standing in the pocket, waiting for a deep or intermediate route to open up.

Don't get me wrong, I could see that happening (at least the intermediate route) if we had 01 or 00 package in but not when you have a 21 or a 22 set in there it doesn't take much to cover the outside guys.

What should really be happening is what they did with Percy for the TD. A quick throw to the outside were the reciever has a one on one matchup instead of trying to deep all the damn time.

Instead we seem to think we can block 8 with 5 and go deep on every throw for some reason. Makes no sense and leaves me mystified.
    So how is that the QBs fault?
    Show me in there were I said it was........I think I used the work "Vikings".

As I told my good friend Nodack in another thread, I blame most of this one on the coaching staff my friend.

Again, if you have a digned QB, a patched together OL and a playoff caliber defense on the other side of that group, you don't go deep all the time. Hell, you don't go intermediate all the time.

You mix in the runs and some short passes (like they started out doing) to the outside.

When Joe was in there it was even worse. One look (intermediate) and then run off gaurd "A and B Gap". Didn't take the Bores long to negate that strategy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678