Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Favre upgraded to questionable

No worries.

This is all subterfuge, psychology and the Monday Night Football ratings game.

Favre hasn't practiced or thrown more than ten yards for a couple weeks and there's no way he'd be able to function, especially in adverse conditions.

Now the Eagles will have to seriously prepare for him this week, though.....and that will give them a little something extra to think about.

All part of the drama game.

They're paying Favre a lot of money and they want to get whatever they can out of the name.....even if it's just publicity.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1084887
    No worries.

Favre hasn't practiced or thrown more than ten yards for a couple weeks and there's no way he'd be able to function, especially in adverse conditions.

Now the Eagles will have to seriously prepare for him this week, though.....and that will give them a little something extra to think about.

They're paying Favre a lot of money and they want to get whatever they can out of the name.....even if it's just publicity.
    The Eagles will probably rest their starters against the Vikings. Doubt they're too concerned, even with Favre.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1084889
    No worries.

The Eagles will probably rest their starters against the Vikings. Doubt they're too concerned, even with Favre.
    Why would that be?

Eagles can lose their next two games, Giants win out and Giants win the division. They'll be very much playing starters against us.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1084890
    No worries.

Why would that be?

Eagles can lose their next two games, Giants win out and Giants win the division. They'll be very much playing starters against us.
    Sorry, sarcasm. But I don't think they are worried about the Vikings who are a weak team.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1084891
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1084890
    No worries.

Why would that be?

Sorry, sarcasm. But I don't think they are worried about the Vikings who are a weak team.
    ah gotcha

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1084880
    I'd rather see Webb play than a Broken Favre.

I honestly don't see how Favre can help us except in a backup role.

He was talking like he'd never play again, and was fine with that. When Fraizer says they'd treat him day-by-day, he basically dismissed it and said there's no way he could play.

Webb has a full-strength arm, and mobility, which could be quite helpful in snowy conditions. Defenders will have a hard itme getting footing and adjusting to his mobility.

While his actual QB skills might not be there yet, I don't think we're any worse off than playing Favre or Ramsey.
    I agree.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I think all teams worry about all other teams at this time of the year.

And I'm positive that all coaches worry about every game because every coach wants a W instead of an L.

And who knows, by that time we may have a hot new QB named Webb.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Its Monday Night Football and Favre wants to get back into the limelight, his knows the Packer fans are pulling for the Vikings and he just wants one more chance to disappoint them :huh: :P :whistle:

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Favre wants to stick it to the Packers one last time! Look for a terrible game from him!

I have seen enough Favre and care to remember him for last year only.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast