Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Favre upgraded to questionable

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1084840
    Favre has been and still is our best chance to win.
    Especially considering how you need a strong armed QB who can throw it with some zip in the cold/wind.

Lord help us.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Quote Originally Posted by "NodakPaul" #1084838
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084835
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1084829
    Upgrading Favre is aimed at the Eagles.

The dance begins.

What? How does the Iggles game come into play? This is designed to mess with the Bores (and me), nothing more, nothing less.

Case in point.....

'Much improved' Favre a new concern for Bears
    This has about as much to do with the Eagles game as it does with any "impending suspension". Both ideas are rediculous.
    Only for those who don't understand football.

It's far too late to have any impact on the Bears. They've already DONE all their preparations for the game. They can't change anything now and they probably don't care. They'd probably prefer an injured Favre who can't throw to a fast and slippery new QB.

The Eagles, however, will now have to seriously consider Favre as a possible opponent.....and that's a smart move.

We'll need everything we can going for us against the Eagles.

But the main reason is ratings and ad revenue for Monday Night Football......advertisers are going to perk up their ears.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1084870

The dance begins.

What? How does the Iggles game come into play? This is designed to mess with the Bores (and me), nothing more, nothing less.

Case in point.....

This has about as much to do with the Eagles game as it does with any "impending suspension". Both ideas are rediculous.

It's far too late to have any impact on the Bears. They've already DONE all their preparations for the game. They can't change anything now and they probably don't care. They'd probably prefer an injured Favre who can't throw to a fast and slippery new QB.

The Eagles, however, will now have to seriously consider Favre as a possible opponent.....and that's a smart move.

But the main reason is ratings and ad revenue for Monday Night Football......advertisers are going to perk up their ears.
    I will buy off on the ratings thing, however, don't think for one minute that a real NFL staff can't game plan/make adjustments to a game plan based on late activations/deactivations.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084853
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1084840
    Favre has been and still is our best chance to win.
    Especially considering how you need a strong armed QB who can throw it with some zip in the cold/wind.

Lord help us.
    23 degrees and a 12 mph wind is forecast. Not exactly brutal!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084873

The dance begins.

Case in point.....

I will buy off on the ratings thing, however, don't think for one minute that a real NFL staff can't game plan/make adjustments to a game plan based on late activations/deactivations.
    Childress couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1084875
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084873

The dance begins.

Case in point.....

Childress couldn't.
    LOL, well played. I actually was setting someone else for that. Congrats on beating him to it.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'd rather see Webb play than a Broken Favre.

I honestly don't see how Favre can help us except in a backup role.

He was talking like he'd never play again, and was fine with that. When Fraizer says they'd treat him day-by-day, he basically dismissed it and said there's no way he could play.

Webb has a full-strength arm, and mobility, which could be quite helpful in snowy conditions. Defenders will have a hard itme getting footing and adjusting to his mobility.

While his actual QB skills might not be there yet, I don't think we're any worse off than playing Favre or Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1084880

He was talking like he'd never play again, and was fine with that. When Fraizer says they'd treat him day-by-day, he basically dismissed it and said there's no way he could play.

Webb has a full-strength arm, and mobility, which could be quite helpful in snowy conditions. Defenders will have a hard itme getting footing and adjusting to his mobility.

While his actual QB skills might not be there yet, I don't think we're any worse off than playing Favre or Ramsey.
    I actually had Ramsey rated pretty high when he came out.

To bad he landed with the Deadskins and wound up splitting time in that offense the ole Ball Coach ran.

Lets hope his stints at the other 40 teams he was on for a short period were as a result of better QB's in front of him.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084883

To bad he landed with the Deadskins and wound up splitting time in that offense the ole Ball Coach ran.

Lets hope his stints at the other 40 teams he was on for a short period were as a result of better QB's in front of him.
    Lets say he still bounces arount the league for a reason. He's not necessarily a good player, but he's useful as a backup, sorta like Gus Frerotte.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1084884
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1084883

Lets say he still bounces arount the league for a reason. He's not necessarily a good player, but he's useful as a backup, sorta like Gus Frerotte.
    At this point, I hope its more of a "Scheme" related deficiency and he will fit ours and miracously become a star. :laugh:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast