Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dekay is offline Pro-Bowler Element Quest Champion

Favre and "this team"

Is it just me but have you also noticed that Favre is using "this team" instead of our team or my team when he is interviewed? For example: "I will do anything to help this team win". IMHO he hasnt bonded with the fact he is a Viking even though hes donned the purple Jersey.

I also havent seen much film from training, but from what ive seen he doesnt have the skip in his walk, or stance, rather a leeway posture which I interpret as not giving it his full attention, or is very serious about it.

And if I were serious about anything, I wouldnt show up in those shorts, buttugly not washed-for-years cap and looking like a carthief in that unshaved unruly beard. Yes, I agree everyone should feel comfortable, and wear what they like, but this is also business which Coach and many other have cited in this favre-palooza carousel... Favre should know that this is business and should act like it too and step it up a notch.

No, I dont think he has impressed me with anything up until now.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: Favre and "this team"

Sometimes being overly familiar with something before you've earned it can upset people as well... walking in the first day and referring to it as "our" team may have turned off other players.
    It's a fine line between being inclusive and being overly familiar/friendly with a situation you shouldn't be yet.
    I'd say get over it, he's a part of the team, lets play some football.
    Winning cures all that ails.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

That is a good point abut this team.

I think you have a good observation there.
    But this coach doesn't care about this guys (#4) attitude.
    LOL!

The beard and the dirty cap and shorts, that is just habit and style of Brett Favre.
    I am not sure if he is any different than he was with the Packers or the Jets.
    He is definitely pushing the envelope on casual Fridays.

You might be right, he might not be fully into this.
    I think that if he bonds with guys like JA and others, it will be the best thing for this team.
    He will feel like he is going to battle with buddies.

We will have to wait and see.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Well considering the fact that he practices retirement every off season these past few years.........one has to wonder how much into this he really is.
    I think it all depends on how well the season is played.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

It seems so comfortable to a Vikings fan to throw a little hate his way.
    If he should founder this season, the response from fans won't be pretty.
    And Childress may swirl down the drain with him.

If he is successful, all will be forgiven and forgotten.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Favre is a Mississippi country boy, that is probably only truly comfortable in two places.
    On his farm and on the football field.

He isn't a pro speaker, and will probably never be a analyst, so his use of one word, "this", in a press conference is probably unintentional.
    Just as everyone making something out his use of "we" during the Joe Buck show

His posture, from a few pics and vids, tells you he isn't taking it seriously.
    LOL!

How he dresses?
    The hat might be lucky or from his daughter, who knows, but obviously it means something special and wasn't ment as a insult to the team.

Maybe you should campaign for Favre to be on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy".

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

As long as he is throwing our ball to our players I could really care less about the rest if it. At least it is comprehensible English.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler

Couldn't care less what the man wears- he's a football player for pete's sake!
    He'll be wearing a Viking uniform on gameday and that is the only thing that matters.
    "This" team is preferable to "that" team!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Dekay" wrote:
    Is it just me but have you also noticed that Favre is using "this team" instead of our team or my team when he is interviewed? For example: "I will do anything to help this team win". IMHO he hasnt bonded with the fact he is a Viking even though hes donned the purple Jersey.

I also havent seen much film from training, but from what ive seen he doesnt have the skip in his walk, or stance, rather a leeway posture which I interpret as not giving it his full attention, or is very serious about it.

And if I were serious about anything, I wouldnt show up in those shorts, buttugly not washed-for-years cap and looking like a carthief in that unshaved unruly beard. Yes, I agree everyone should feel comfortable, and wear what they like, but this is also business which Coach and many other have cited in this favre-palooza carousel... Favre should know that this is business and should act like it too and step it up a notch.

No, I dont think he has impressed me with anything up until now.
    Really?
    It's come to this?
    We're now looking for indications that Favre may not be committed based upon subtle nuances in spoken phrases that may or may not reflect a committment we may or may not approve of him having or not having?

Then we're going to run his posture, stance, and the manner in which he walks past our FBI "Commitment Expert" to determine if they indicate a bonafied excitement to be with the team or a lackadaisical response to the challange of bonding with the team...which may or may not want him, depending upon who you read...

Then, as if that's not bad enough, we have a fashion critique, where we criticize his choice of attire - after practice no less - and determine that it shows a lack of respect for the team that may or may not want him and the fans that are hanging on every nuance of everything in an attemtpt to villify him because that's the only way we can feel good about backing Tarvaris Jackson for the past three seasons...

Really?
    Is that what we're all about?

Favre has had one and a half weeks to prepare himself thus far.
    He's had about 5 days TOTAL to coordinate with his receivers, running backs, and O-Line.
    He's facing a split crowd - mostly supportive, but with a very large overtly hostile contingent that hangs on every word, gesture, stance, and nuance of attire in an ongoing effort to discredit him.
    Further, he faces the constant criticism for changing his mind about playing or not playing.

Let's not sink to the level of the predatory media who seek to sensationalize things of no importance and create stories out of thin air.
    Give Favre a few weeks to get his legs under him and the team behind him.
    Give him a few weeks to show how dedicated he is.
    Hells bells, we gave Jackson 3 YEARS to not suck, the least you can do is give Favre 3 weeks.

Caine

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"Caine" wrote:

[/gross overreaction]
    Yeah, this thread is a bit silly, but did it really require 334 words to say that? lulz.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast