Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favre Retires!?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Favre Retires!?

Wow, if he did come back this year, I'd be surprised.

I wouldn't give him more than another year, maybe two at most.

It's frustrated how 4th and 26 ended, because it really was our best shot at getting Favre back to the SB. I don't think we're going to have the guns to get back unless Donovan McNabb blows out both his knees and an elbow and T.O. declines to "heal" him.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Favre Retires!?

Even though my fingers are crossed that he will be retiring, I don't think he is and he'll be back to torment us yet again twice next year, and I'll have to watch every single slacker game and hear the announcers kiss his @ss yet again and talk about his 3 MVPs and his one superbowl win and the records he owns or is going to catch blah blah blah!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Favre Retires!?

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Even though my fingers are crossed that he will be retiring, I don't think he is and he'll be back to torment us yet again twice next year, and I'll have to watch every single slacker game and hear the announcers kiss his @ss yet again and talk about his 3 MVPs and his one superbowl win and the records he owns or is going to catch blah blah blah!
    I hope Favre retires for America's sake--most are sick of the Favre ass kissing. he should retire while he still has face so all can honor him when he gets inducted into the hall of fame. i think Marino should get on the horn and tell him not to do what he did...keep playing till he is a shadow of the player he once was.

Favre Retires!?

I dread the day he goes into the hall because they will talk about him for months, again!! After that it will be all over, hopefully!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikingsalltheway is offline Coordinator

Favre Retires!?

I hope so but we have a hard time beating chicago as it is but detroit we always whip them. I hope we win the north but then again we always mess it up. I cant stand that when the vikings collapse. I still think next year if we finish 9-7 we will win the division cause the pack will be nothing without favre but chicago will be good next year if they stay healthy. I fear them when they are healthy. Detroit is horrible though, harrington is a fraud, williams is decent but hakim stinks. Detroit and GB in the cellar next year.
    982be7163de23b12be0039fa7de5b166

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Favre Retires!?

rumor has it that if Favre retires this off-season, Warner, Brees or Hasselbeck may take over where he left off. Well, Hasselbeck was a packer once (so was Warner) -already seen what he can do with the Packer offensive line guiding the way. I wonder how big of a threat my boys would be if Brees came to town? What out Vikings, maybe?
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Favre Retires!?

"SKOL" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    I could definitely see Warner heading there.
    YABUT..., Have we ever beaten Warner? He always smokes us. You watch, he'll be our next achilles heal. I'd like to see Favre gone as much as anyone, but the fact is, it's been a competitive series with the Pack regardless of whose at QB. Bart Starr, Lynn Dickey, Bret Fav-re..., even Majkowski gave us fits. It's our biggest rival, and a division foe..., the games will always be tight and competitive.
    Yeah, I was not saying it would be good, and I didn't want to say it would be bad. He has been a thorn in our side.

Favre Retires!?

Brees could be a one year wonder too!! I wouldn't get too excited about him. I would be mostly nervous about Hasselback!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Favre Retires!?

I pray they don't shell out for some veteran. Why waste cap room we barely have when the whole defense needs revamping?

Tell you this: When Green couldn't get it moving and the defense started allowing huge amounts of yardage, what did the Packers do?

"Hey, Brett...go win this one for us by yourself."

And he either did, or he didn't.

You want to put Hasselback into that situation? He'd wet his pants. Brees would revert to old form, and Warner's wife would start chewing out Sherman in the locker room.

Build up the D, then draft your QB of the future.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

JohnnyBGoode is offline Rookie

Favre Retires!?

right on Los, I sure hope they dont make some spir of the moment descision. They could get Manning for all its worth, but they still wont go anywhere in the playoffs without any form of defense on the other side. I mean please, just give me some sort of confidence that we can hold a team to under 20 points, and stop 3rd down conversions. please Ted, please?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast