Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favre Retires!?

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Favre Retires!?

i dont think so. i think hes going 2 stay for one more year. at least i hope so.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Favre Retires!?

I say if the man can still play, and he still wants to play, then let him play. :thumbleft: I'd personally get a kick out of seeing Farve's (Fav'Ray) abilities continue to diminish for another season.
    Oh, the the threads that would be created and the discussions we would have, what fun. :lol:

Please Farve (Fav'Ray), please don't deprive us of that. [-o<

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Favre Retires!?

I want to see the animal sack that JT sullivan guy so many times come next season. Oh would that be great. No farve.

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Favre Retires!?

No Farve=
    NFC North Standings
    1. Vikings
    2. Lions
    3. Packers
    4. Bears
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Favre Retires!?

yah... favre wont retire.. i bet 1 last season... i always think he will.. cuz all the stuff he goes thru... but no.. he wont..

JohnnyBGoode is offline Rookie

Favre Retires!?

The fact is, someday (maybe b4 this yr) Brett will retire. In my opionion, I would rather see him on the field and have another 29 yr drought, than watch any other player on this team play football at such a mediocre level.
    He's like the whole reason I watch them play, of course, that is also because I grew up with him.
    I still remember it...Favre to Sharpe in Detroit. oh the memories......(shrugs) .....(sighs) ......(sheds a tear).....
    Well vikes, have fun whoopin with us up until 2024! (that would again end our 29 yr drought since 97', and we'll draft another QB to lead us to glory!)

...hey, I know its pitiful, but I have to have somthing to look forward to. lol

koolkev8 is offline Starter

Favre Retires!?

"JTSnow" wrote:
    No Farve=
    NFC North Standings
    1. Vikings
    2. Lions
    3. Packers
    4. Bears
    Lions????? I think the (scratch that) DA Bears will be better then both the Pack and Lions... My oppinion of course!!!!
    [img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/memory.jpg[/img:aa98b2ef5d][img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/gift1.jpg[/img:aa98b2ef5d][img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/akhfl.jpg[/img:a

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Favre Retires!?

Hmm.

Personally, I've said all along this was his last year. In some twisted way, I'm glad the Packers lost to the Vikes, because it meant I was in attendance at Favre's last game (and actually took a picture of his last snap).

Now, my strategy would be this:

According to some pretty good sources, the salary cap savings if he retired is about $6-8 million.

I would NOT replace Favre from the outside. I would invest heavily in rebuilding the defense and keeping Nall and O'Sully throwing to good WR's.

Once the defense is rebuilt, and the running game is fully established, I'd go out and get my Rothlisberger. We may be out of the playoffs for one or two years, but in today's NFL, it doesn't take long to fall apart, and it doesn't take long to rebuild.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

skogs02 is offline Starter

Favre Retires!?

your right but trust me, it sucks not watching your team being in the playoffs for a couple years

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Favre Retires!?

Despite driver saying all of this, i highly doubt he will retire.

How many times have we heard that farve will retire this seaon and boom, he says i shall return. Id like him to be gone but i doubt it will happen now. Maybe five years from now at best?
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast