Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favre Retires!?

skogs02 is offline Starter

Favre Retires!?

Green Bay Packers receiver Donald Driver said in a radio interview this morning that he believes Packers quarterback Brett Favre will decide to retire and not play another season in the National Football League.

Driver made his comments on Sirius NFL Radio on "The Opening Drive" show with Dan Reeves and Chris Moore. Sirius is a satellite pay radio service.
    Driver, who is in Jacksonville for a Super Bowl promotion, was asked if Favre will return to play next season.

"I don't think so," Driver said. "Everyone has been asking me that question. He's a real close friend of mine and we've been talking back and forth, and I think he's pretty much going to hang 'em up. I always told him, if you're coming back just because of that playoff game, don't show up. But it you're going to come back to try and win another Super Bowl, we'd love to have you."

The Minnesota Vikings defeated the Packers, 31-17, on Jan. 9 to send the Packers out of the playoffs this season.

Driver said he thinks Favre has made up his mind and said the Packers' request to know his intentions before the draft, April 23-24, forced Favre to decide on retirement.

"I think so," Driver said when asked whether Favre had made up his mind. "I think he was trying to wait until the draft, and I think coach Sherman wanted to know right before free agency because there are a couple of quarterback free agents that they want to look at if Brett decided not to come back. I think they forced him to make a decision. When you force one of the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL to make a decision, he's pretty much going to let you know that he maybe is just hanging 'em up."

Favre, 35, has played for 14 seasons in the NFL, 13 for the Packers.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Favre Retires!?

I have my fingers crossed!!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Favre Retires!?

next year, Kurt Warner, or even better Couch, maybe even AJ Feely-haha.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Favre Retires!?

I could definitely see Warner heading there. This way they can give that O'Sullivan character a few more years to learn.

Heck, just put J.T.O' in there now.

I won't believe it until we hear it from the horse's (donkey's) mouth.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Favre Retires!?

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I could definitely see Warner heading there.
    YABUT..., Have we ever beaten Warner? He always smokes us. You watch, he'll be our next achilles heal. I'd like to see Favre gone as much as anyone, but the fact is, it's been a competitive series with the Pack regardless of whose at QB. Bart Starr, Lynn Dickey, Bret Fav-re..., even Majkowski gave us fits. It's our biggest rival, and a division foe..., the games will always be tight and competitive.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Favre Retires!?

"skogs02" wrote:
    Green Bay Packers receiver Donald Driver said in a radio interview this morning that he believes Packers quarterback Brett Favre will decide to retire and not play another season in the National Football League.

Driver made his comments on Sirius NFL Radio on "The Opening Drive" show with Dan Reeves and Chris Moore. Sirius is a satellite pay radio service.
    Driver, who is in Jacksonville for a Super Bowl promotion, was asked if Favre will return to play next season.

"I don't think so," Driver said. "Everyone has been asking me that question. He's a real close friend of mine and we've been talking back and forth, and I think he's pretty much going to hang 'em up. I always told him, if you're coming back just because of that playoff game, don't show up. But it you're going to come back to try and win another Super Bowl, we'd love to have you."

The Minnesota Vikings defeated the Packers, 31-17, on Jan. 9 to send the Packers out of the playoffs this season.

Driver said he thinks Favre has made up his mind and said the Packers' request to know his intentions before the draft, April 23-24, forced Favre to decide on retirement.

"I think so," Driver said when asked whether Favre had made up his mind. "I think he was trying to wait until the draft, and I think coach Sherman wanted to know right before free agency because there are a couple of quarterback free agents that they want to look at if Brett decided not to come back. I think they forced him to make a decision. When you force one of the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL to make a decision, he's pretty much going to let you know that he maybe is just hanging 'em up."

Favre, 35, has played for 14 seasons in the NFL, 13 for the Packers.
    sweet
    if he retire's the vikes we own the nfc north
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

Favre Retires!?

I won't believe it until I see that it's official. I can't see Favre retiring just yet. But it would be nice...
    Even babies know the difference.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Favre Retires!?

i dont think so. not many ppl look at this but the rams had a major offensive line. so did the giants. w/a line like the packers (im not saying their bad but they can be dominated easily) which isnt top notch.

koolkev8 is offline Starter

Favre Retires!?

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    I won't believe it until I see that it's official. I can't see Favre retiring just yet. But it would be nice...
    True that!!! So many rumors go around I just don't know what to believe anymore!!!
    [img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/memory.jpg[/img:aa98b2ef5d][img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/gift1.jpg[/img:aa98b2ef5d][img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/akhfl.jpg[/img:a

koolkev8 is offline Starter

Favre Retires!?

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    True that!!! To many rumors go around on this type of stuff and it makes it hard to believe any of them until they actoally happen!!!
    [img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/memory.jpg[/img:aa98b2ef5d][img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/gift1.jpg[/img:aa98b2ef5d][img:aa98b2ef5d]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/koolkev8/akhfl.jpg[/img:a

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast