Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Favre looked hurt, could be long season

A lot of people are saying "be patient", but there's a problem with that. The Packers don't need patience, they are all on the same page. We don't have the luxury of being able to start off 1-3 or 2-2. We need wins now, and we need an 11+ win season to win the division, and maybe not even then.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    A lot of people are saying "be patient", but there's a problem with that. The Packers don't need patience, they are all on the same page. We don't have the luxury of being able to start off 1-3 or 2-2. We need wins now, and we need an 11+ win season to win the division, and maybe not even then.
    I didn't think we were going to win the division to start with. All we need is to make the playoffs, and get hot at the right time.
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Dude we played the SB Champs at home that has been endorsed by the NFL because of 2 major disasters. Nobody could have won that game last night besides the saints. The NFL wouldn't allow it.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

PurpleGator wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    Dude we played the SB Champs at home that has been endorsed by the NFL because of 2 major disasters. Nobody could have won that game last night besides the saints. The NFL wouldn't allow it.
    Oh trust me, we could have won that if the right plays were called. Any team could have won that game if they were clicking, and we weren't.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

I think what PurpleGator is trying to say (and I happen to agree 100%) is...that was the Saints' game before the first ball was kicked, before the coin was tossed, and before the Vikings' plane even landed in New Orleans.

It was obvious the game was theirs by the super-saccharine documentary that was played for a full, nauseating hour before kickoff. I was half-expecting a telethon to be going on in the broadcast booth.

I highly doubt the '07/'08 Patriots would have won that game, even with video footage of Saints practices.

Speaking of the Pats...the lowly wild-card Giants beat them, and that was a "mere" 6 years after the World Trade Center attacks. I don't recall the Giants getting as much nationwide love/adoration/sympathy for that, as the Taints have gotten for a weather phenomenon that seems to happen every two or three freaking years. Only thing that made Katrina worse than the others was corrupt, greedy politicians (which Louisiana is FILLED with) not bothering to fix a levy.
    [/rant]

*sigh* JMO

purpledoom is offline Starter

ndnorseman wrote:
    I think what PurpleGator is trying to say (and I happen to agree 100%) is...that was the Saints' game before the first ball was kicked, before the coin was tossed, and before the Vikings' plane even landed in New Orleans.

It was obvious the game was theirs by the super-saccharine documentary that was played for a full, nauseating hour before kickoff. I was half-expecting a telethon to be going on in the broadcast booth.

I highly doubt the '07/'08 Patriots would have won that game, even with video footage of Saints practices.

Speaking of the Pats...the lowly wild-card Giants beat them, and that was a "mere" 6 years after the World Trade Center attacks. I don't recall the Giants getting as much nationwide love/adoration/sympathy for that, as the Taints have gotten for a weather phenomenon that seems to happen every two or three freaking years. Only thing that made Katrina worse than the others was corrupt, greedy politicians (which Louisiana is FILLED with) not bothering to fix a levy.
    [/rant]

*sigh* JMO
    Well said ND. I for one am sick of all "don't you just looove the Saints story ?" crap. Could we have won the game yea...still I don't understand all of this "the sky is fall the sky is falling"..after one stinkin game!

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

When you look back at hurricane Katrina, you will realize it was the best thing that ever happened to the Saints. I'll explain..... Remember all the homeless marching into the superdome? Well, that was the first time in history that the superdome was ever filled. I think after that, a lot of the homeless took up residence in the dome and it gave the appearance of the place being full. It then caught on,fans took the paper grocery bags off thier heads and football as they know it was born in New Orleans.
    None

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12