Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kyleburkle is offline Rookie

Favre looked hurt, could be long season

kind of reminded me off when Favre played for the Jets he looked like he absoltely couldn't roll out and will get smashed in the pocket
    None

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre looked hurt, could be long season

Why is this a thread?

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't think he looked hurt, maybe a tad confused. He just expected a different game. The Saints mixed things up quite well. I can't help but think he was a bit nervous about getting hurt again. Before the game they showed his bruises from the last game, there is no way he could have played in the superbowl with any degree of sucess with those types of injuries. Farve wasn't having fun last night, when he's not having fun, he doesn't win.
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    Why is this a thread?
    We're bringing purple back.

Big C2 is offline Training Camp

I think he looked slightly better than week 1 of last year. His biggest problem was not having a reciever he could trust.

- Shancoe was the only reliable reciever, but he was shut out in the seconds half once Harper started covering him.

- Berrian is a waste of a roster spot. He dropped a key 3rd down pass in the redzone which ended up being our field-goal. The ball was thrown slightly behind him, but he got both hands on it and still dropped it. He fumbled a punt too. I just don't see him even attempting to catch a ball that is even SLIGHTLY out of reach. I hate this underperforming douche.

- Percy is not an accomplished route runner (yet) and not on the same page with Favre for an outside reciever. There were a couple of passes that were incomplete because he broke off the route or reacted differently when certain coverages broke down. I partially blame the coaching staff for this. He missed most of training camp so is obviously not well versed playing outside receiver. He is a monster in the slot so we should keep him there.

- Camarillo is the most polished reciever we have. I have no flipping idea why we didn't start him outside and put Percy in the slot. He made a really nice catch and almost made the second. He is a veteran reciever that runs great routes. Favre seemed to have some chemistry with him in preseason. I know we want to keep Percy on the field as much as possible, but this guy will help you move the chains.

Favre needs to shake off some rust, but he also needs a WR that he can trust. I think that would be Camarillo on the outside and Percy in the slot (in addition to Shancoe). Favre has never trusted Berrian.

Then when Rice comes back, we can bench Berrian and move on.
    None

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

kyleburkle wrote:
    kind of reminded me off when Favre played for the Jets he looked like he absoltely couldn't roll out and will get smashed in the pocket
    This guy must be a Packer Fan. Who would honestly write this crap considering he wasn't limping or even touched. Its Brett Favre and you my friend are a packer fan with your whopping 3 posts and 2 of them saying the same exact thing.

I smell a fraud!

Rodgers looks like he hangs out at the 90's but who am I to judge.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

One got to laugh at diversity of the Vikings' current top three wide receivers.
    Berrian lacks hands, Harvin lacks experience, and Camarillo lacks speed.

Combine those and you have the perfect receiver.

If I had to chose one player, I would have to go with Harvin just because he's the best receiver with the ball in his hands, he's versatile, and he's the fastest receiver.

However, after what I've seen from Camarillo, I actually prefer him over Berrian at the moment. I'd rather have a receiver with great hands than a receiver with great speed. It's called receiver rather than speedster or runster for a reason.

HEY wrote:
    One got to laugh at diversity of the Vikings' current top three wide receivers.
    Berrian lacks hands, Harvin lacks experience, and Camarillo lacks speed.

Combine those and you have the perfect receiver.

If I had to chose one player, I would have to go with Harvin just because he's the best receiver with the ball in his hands, he's versatile, and he's the fastest receiver.

However, after what I've seen from Camarillo, I actually prefer him over Berrian at the moment. I'd rather have a receiver with great hands than a receiver with great speed. It's called receiver rather than speedster or runster for a reason.
    Nice post. I agree.... Harvin is a awesome!

Nah. Favre looked bad, but I don't think it was because he was hurt.
    "I can't stand burnt toast. I loathe bus stations: terrible places, full of lost luggage and lost souls. And then there's unrequited love, and tyranny, and cruelty. We all have a world of our own terrors to face."
    - The Doctor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast