Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Favre knows he's pressing

Among Favre's most interesting comments was one about the fact offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell has to help the quarterback out with his play calls because there are times he knows Favre might force a ball if given the opportunity.

I need to save this one for all the chuckle heads who really believe that the Noodle is running the offense. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Favre knows he's pressing

Marrdro wrote:
    Among Favre's most interesting comments was one about the fact offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell has to help the quarterback out with his play calls because there are times he knows Favre might force a ball if given the opportunity.

I need to save this one for all the chuckle heads who really believe that the Noodle is running the offense. :P
    First, you may want to find a quote that supports your premise. The quote says the obvious that Bevell calls plays, but, it also says that he has to 'help the quarterback out with his play calls' which means that the QB also calls some plays.

The truth has always been somewhere inbetween the "chuckle heads" that think Favre runs the offense and the "deep-seeded hate of Favre" guy that twists everything he observes, reads, and thinks into some sort of anti-noodle bullshit.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

First, you may want to find a quote that supports your premise. The quote says the obvious that Bevell calls plays, but, it also says that he has to 'help the quarterback out with his play calls' which means that the QB also calls some plays.

The truth has always been somewhere inbetween the "chuckle heads" that think Favre runs the offense and the "deep-seeded hate of Favre" guy that twists everything he observes, reads, and thinks into some sort of anti-noodle bullshit.
    Good to see the east coast is firing this morning to squash Marrdro's few minutes of self-adulation.

FF
    FF is offline Training Camp

Marrdro wrote:

Actually ... Favre is running the offense (I belive all QB's in the league could be saying they are running their offenses, which they are LOL) - Sorry Mar, had to put it in there ... - I know it's semantics)

... - However he may not be calling the all the plays ... - But I have no doubt that he (Favre) does get to have his say in what plays should be called AT TIMES ...
    "The Only Thing nescessary for The Triumph of Evil, is for Good Men to do Nothing ..."
    - Edmund Burke

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:

I need to save this for all of the chuckle heads that believe the team is so deep in talent that we don't need to improve any of the positions. Other than TE, where we have a surplus as indicated by the release of Shuler we are not that deep on offense at all. The RB position is 1 deep, the QB position is one old, old man deep, the line is 2/5 deep and that is just the offense.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:

Sadly he has to force most throws lately because our WRs can't run routes correctly. LOL at you thinking Berrian was open at any time on that deep pass that was INT. :blink:

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Sadly he has to force most throws lately because our WRs can't run routes correctly. LOL at you thinking Berrian was open at any time on that deep pass that was INT. :blink:
    How do you force a throw into a bad route? Isn't the premise of the WCO (timing) centered on the QB throwing to a spot and not to a WR? :dry:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

How did you turn this into me bashing on the Noodle? I'm bashing the chuckleheads......

I think there is something in between something here, but it has nothing to do with my opinion of our starting QB.

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I need to save this for all of the chuckle heads that believe the team is so deep in talent that we don't need to improve any of the positions. Other than TE, where we have a surplus as indicated by the release of Shuler we are not that deep on offense at all. The RB position is 1 deep, the QB position is one old, old man deep, the line is 2/5 deep and that is just the offense.
    Don't need to improve "ANY" position? Were did a chucklehead say that?

I think that chucklehead actually gave several instances that we could improve and actually showed what rounds those could be addressed.

Keep trying though. I like this fun. :P

FF wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Actually ... Favre is running the offense (I belive all QB's in the league could be saying they are running their offenses, which they are LOL) - Sorry Mar, had to put it in there ... - I know it's semantics)

... - However he may not be calling the all the plays ... - But I have no doubt that he (Favre) does get to have his say in what plays should be called AT TIMES ...
    I agree on all counts.

Problem is, there are several on here who think he not only does all the play calling, he makes up the game plan, sends in the packages etc etc etc.

Those believers are the ones I chuckle at. By the way, its easy to figure out who they are. Just look at the replies so far.......snicker........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast