Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Favre has top rating on long passes

By Sean Jensen on December 4, 2009 9:53 AM

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre may be 40 years old, but he can still chuck the ball down the field with the best of them.

In fact, there's no one better this season.
    http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/2009/12/favre-has-top-rating-on-long-p.html

*snicker*

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Favre has top rating on long passes

Your welcome. B)

On a side note......Good thing those recievers can catch that mess he's chucking.....

Quote from El Syd

A couple of times on Sunday, Favre underthrew the ball. Once, Rice stopped in his tracks, his back to the end zone, and waited for a floater to come down. He had opened up about a 10-yard gap on his defender. But he had to come to a halt as Favre threw a wobbler on the run. That gap closed quickly.

"It's tough," Rice noted. "I saw him coming at me full speed. Fortunately, I was able to get back to the ball and make a play on it."
    201 yards receiving all in a day's work for Vikings' Sidney Rice

Hell, even a quote from the Noodle himself.....

"It's just kind of freaky how it turned out," Favre says. "But Percy made me look good, and turned what could've been a bad decision into a great play."
    Did ya read that.....a bad decision.....snicker... :P

Harvin making Favre look good

Keep on chuckin Noodle, they'll keep on catching.... :woohoo:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Percy4Prez is offline Waterboy

LNAD LIVES ON!!

Rice is a baller tho he has made some Moss esque catches on some wobblers

Brett has also thrown plenty of nice ones
    None

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Your welcome. B)

On a side note......Good thing those recievers can catch that mess he's chucking.....

Quote from El Syd

A couple of times on Sunday, Favre underthrew the ball. Once, Rice stopped in his tracks, his back to the end zone, and waited for a floater to come down. He had opened up about a 10-yard gap on his defender. But he had to come to a halt as Favre threw a wobbler on the run. That gap closed quickly.

"It's tough," Rice noted. "I saw him coming at me full speed. Fortunately, I was able to get back to the ball and make a play on it."

"It's just kind of freaky how it turned out," Favre says. "But Percy made me look good, and turned what could've been a bad decision into a great play."

The smileys don't make it any less annoying. I would rather have that "mess" that Favre is chucking up there than any other QB in the league right now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Your welcome. B)

Quote from El Syd

The smileys don't make it any less annoying. I would rather have that "mess" that Favre is chucking up there than any other QB in the league right now.
    Annoying? Not my words, thiers.

As to any other QB,.....Not sure if I would go that far. Course my opinion is tainted, but I'd rather have Peyton, Brees, or Rivers.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Your welcome. B)

Quote from El Syd

As to any other QB,.....Not sure if I would go that far. Course my opinion is tainted, but I'd rather have Peyton, Brees, or Rivers.
    Marr, it's OK to be wrong. Hell almost all of us were wrong about Favre to at least some extent. He's a damn good QB, probably the best the Vikings have ever had under center (so far this season).

Step back, take a breath and enjoy everything that Favre has brought to the table. Every QB makes a bad throw here and there. The fact you've only been able to find two comments to bad throws of the 100's of passes he's thrown speaks volumes. Favre has been accurate both with the long ball and the short ball...admit it, accept it, and you will feel much better. Easier to enjoy the games when your not grasping at excuses to chop Favre's performance down. He has been an exceptional fit for our team this year and everybody on the roster (including the coaching staff)has benefited from his presence.

Super Bowl XXXI Cast:
    Antonio Freeman, Andre Rison, Don Beebe Robert Brooks, Mark Chmura and Keith Jackson

2007 NFC Championship Cast:
    Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Koren Robinson, Bubba Franks, and Donald Lee

2009 Vikings Cast:
    Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice, Bernard Berrian, and Shank

Child please.

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Your welcome. B)

Quote from El Syd

Marr, it's OK to be wrong. Hell almost all of us were wrong about Favre to at least some extent. He's a damn good QB, probably the best the Vikings have ever had under center (so far this season).

Step back, take a breath and enjoy everything that Favre has brought to the table. Every QB makes a bad throw here and there. The fact you've only been able to find two comments to bad throws of the 100's of passes he's thrown speaks volumes. Favre has been accurate both with the long ball and the short ball...admit it, accept it, and you will feel much better. Easier to enjoy the games when your not grasping at excuses to chop Favre's performance down. He has been an exceptional fit for our team this year and everybody on the roster (including the coaching staff)has benefited from his presence.
    Never my friend. Never.

By the way, I could have put in more, but as my friend NP says, it gets annoying to hear it....

On a side note, this is gonna be a fun thread. :P

marstc09 wrote:
    Super Bowl XXXI Cast:
    Antonio Freeman, Andre Rison, Don Beebe Robert Brooks, Mark Chmura and Keith Jackson

2007 NFC Championship Cast:
    Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Koren Robinson, Bubba Franks, and Donald Lee

2009 Vikings Cast:
    Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice, Bernard Berrian, and Shank

Child please.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH.....

He said Keith Jackson......Koren Robinson, and Andre Rison.....

ESPN just said that Favre has the 2nd best passer rating in the league outside the pocket. :P

*snicker*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast