Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 211
  1. #41
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

    V4L wrote:
    Even if Brett sits.. He will come out for a token start then take the rest of the game off

    I don't see him sitting tho.. He's played with broken bones including in the throwing hand

    I know he wants to make this thing work and correct it so he will be out there
    I don't think he gets the token start. If Tjack gives us the best chance to win he should get the start. What's best for the team must come before what's best for Brett and his legacy.

    My guess is Favre either gets the start, or is inactive.

    I don't think they would start Favre knowing he's coming out.

  2. #42
    SharperImage42's Avatar
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    554

    Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

    If T-Jack comes in for these 1-3 games and goes apeshit..65% completion and 3-4 TD's a game..what do we do? Keep starting T-Jack or give the ball back to Favre.

    SharperImage42

  3. #43
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

    God I hope Jackson starts and that they put the whole playbook out there so he can show us what he's got.

  4. #44
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

    SharperImage42 wrote:
    If T-Jack comes in for these 1-3 games and goes apeshit..65% completion and 3-4 TD's a game..what do we do? Keep starting T-Jack or give the ball back to Favre.
    Make Brett beat him out in practice or sit on the bench.

  5. #45
    Texas Viking's Avatar
    Texas Viking is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    204

    Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

    Is it crazy talk to want to see Joe Webb in there and take a few snaps if TJack is not producing? Webb had a pretty impressive preseason, it would be fun to see a QB that isnít afraid to run when he has too. Brett has done nothing impressive in the passing game this year, so that wonít be any worse, and he has the skill to hand it off to AP, so why not? I think he is the future of the Vikings. With the way the Bears and Packs are playing, might as well get him some experience for the rest of this season and let him start the next. He has as much chance as any to win our division.

  6. #46
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Even if Brett sits.. He will come out for a token start then take the rest of the game off

    I don't see him sitting tho.. He's played with broken bones including in the throwing hand

    I know he wants to make this thing work and correct it so he will be out there
    I don't think he gets the token start. If Tjack gives us the best chance to win he should get the start. What's best for the team must come before what's best for Brett and his legacy.

    My guess is Favre either gets the start, or is inactive.

    I don't think they would start Favre knowing he's coming out.
    Jackson would basically get the start.. Favre would just come out for a snap.. N walk off

    Could be totally wrong.. But I think if he really can't go this week that's how it would go

    But I still feel he will start on Sunday and play

  7. #47
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

    Mardro said:

    I will admit that I am very excited to see him chuck it deep to Moss a few times. All he has to do is get it in the area, far enough, with enough air and Randy will outrun everyone and get it.
    What have you been smoking? Have you totally forgotten that this is Moss 2010?

    It is essential, in this time of great turmoil, with nasty injuries and the probably activation of a rusty, forgotten, no-name, second-string QB (who will probably line up behind a Guard instead of the Center) that we all stay in touch with reality.

    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boise Idaho
    Posts
    1,023

    Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

    V4L wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Even if Brett sits.. He will come out for a token start then take the rest of the game off

    I don't see him sitting tho.. He's played with broken bones including in the throwing hand

    I know he wants to make this thing work and correct it so he will be out there
    I don't think he gets the token start. If Tjack gives us the best chance to win he should get the start. What's best for the team must come before what's best for Brett and his legacy.

    My guess is Favre either gets the start, or is inactive.

    I don't think they would start Favre knowing he's coming out.
    Jackson would basically get the start.. Favre would just come out for a snap.. N walk off

    Could be totally wrong.. But I think if he really can't go this week that's how it would go

    But I still feel he will start on Sunday and play
    Ya I can't see him coming in for one play to keep the streak going, then leaving after first play. I would be willing to bet he will start and play the whole game. They will throw some tape on that bad boy and he will be out there.

    If he can't play, he needs to speak up. Starting just to keep that streak going sounds childish. Either way, I would take Favre with a little limp over TJ any day. If it's more than a limp, and really effects his mobility, then TJ NEEDS to be in.

  9. #49
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

    Infidel wrote:
    Mardro said:

    I will admit that I am very excited to see him chuck it deep to Moss a few times. All he has to do is get it in the area, far enough, with enough air and Randy will outrun everyone and get it.
    What have you been smoking? Have you totally forgotten that this is Moss 2010?

    It is essential, in this time of great turmoil, with nasty injuries and the probably activation of a rusty, forgotten, no-name, second-string QB (who will probably line up behind a Guard instead of the Center) that we all stay in touch with reality.


    Have you forgotten we have a 40 year old brett? Not 25

    If Brett still has some in the tank Moss sure as hell does too

  10. #50
    lovesmesomevikes is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9

    Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

    Texas Viking wrote:
    Is it crazy talk to want to see Joe Webb in there and take a few snaps if TJack is not producing? Webb had a pretty impressive preseason, it would be fun to see a QB that isnít afraid to run when he has too. Brett has done nothing impressive in the passing game this year, so that wonít be any worse, and he has the skill to hand it off to AP, so why not? I think he is the future of the Vikings. With the way the Bears and Packs are playing, might as well get him some experience for the rest of this season and let him start the next. He has as much chance as any to win our division.
    I would love to see that......honestly if (yep I play that game) we had a running QB (or used a RB, duh) on our final drive we would scored a TD 4 sure.
    None

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Favre Must Undergo Ankle Surgery to Play in 2010
    By Mr Anderson in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 02:59 PM
  2. Favre needs ankle surgery to play
    By pro1ml in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 10:55 AM
  3. Fractured Fairy Tales
    By XTAP59 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 02:28 PM
  4. Kaeding played on fractured left leg
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 11:39 AM
  5. Favre says he probably needs left ankle surgery
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 11:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •