Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

V4L wrote:
    Even if Brett sits.. He will come out for a token start then take the rest of the game off

I don't see him sitting tho.. He's played with broken bones including in the throwing hand

I know he wants to make this thing work and correct it so he will be out there
    I don't think he gets the token start. If Tjack gives us the best chance to win he should get the start. What's best for the team must come before what's best for Brett and his legacy.

My guess is Favre either gets the start, or is inactive.

I don't think they would start Favre knowing he's coming out.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

If T-Jack comes in for these 1-3 games and goes apeshit..65% completion and 3-4 TD's a game..what do we do? Keep starting T-Jack or give the ball back to Favre.

SharperImage42

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

God I hope Jackson starts and that they put the whole playbook out there so he can show us what he's got.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

SharperImage42 wrote:
    If T-Jack comes in for these 1-3 games and goes apeshit..65% completion and 3-4 TD's a game..what do we do? Keep starting T-Jack or give the ball back to Favre.
    Make Brett beat him out in practice or sit on the bench.

Texas Viking is offline Starter

Is it crazy talk to want to see Joe Webb in there and take a few snaps if TJack is not producing? Webb had a pretty impressive preseason, it would be fun to see a QB that isnít afraid to run when he has too. Brett has done nothing impressive in the passing game this year, so that wonít be any worse, and he has the skill to hand it off to AP, so why not? I think he is the future of the Vikings. With the way the Bears and Packs are playing, might as well get him some experience for the rest of this season and let him start the next. He has as much chance as any to win our division.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    V4L wrote:
    Even if Brett sits.. He will come out for a token start then take the rest of the game off

I don't see him sitting tho.. He's played with broken bones including in the throwing hand

I don't think he gets the token start. If Tjack gives us the best chance to win he should get the start. What's best for the team must come before what's best for Brett and his legacy.

Jackson would basically get the start.. Favre would just come out for a snap.. N walk off

Could be totally wrong.. But I think if he really can't go this week that's how it would go

But I still feel he will start on Sunday and play

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Mardro said:

I will admit that I am very excited to see him chuck it deep to Moss a few times. All he has to do is get it in the area, far enough, with enough air and Randy will outrun everyone and get it.
    What have you been smoking? Have you totally forgotten that this is Moss 2010?

It is essential, in this time of great turmoil, with nasty injuries and the probably activation of a rusty, forgotten, no-name, second-string QB (who will probably line up behind a Guard instead of the Center) that we all stay in touch with reality.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

V4L wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    V4L wrote:

Jackson would basically get the start.. Favre would just come out for a snap.. N walk off

Could be totally wrong.. But I think if he really can't go this week that's how it would go

But I still feel he will start on Sunday and play
    Ya I can't see him coming in for one play to keep the streak going, then leaving after first play. I would be willing to bet he will start and play the whole game. They will throw some tape on that bad boy and he will be out there.

If he can't play, he needs to speak up. Starting just to keep that streak going sounds childish. Either way, I would take Favre with a little limp over TJ any day. If it's more than a limp, and really effects his mobility, then TJ NEEDS to be in.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Infidel wrote:
    Mardro said:

I will admit that I am very excited to see him chuck it deep to Moss a few times. All he has to do is get it in the area, far enough, with enough air and Randy will outrun everyone and get it.
    What have you been smoking? Have you totally forgotten that this is Moss 2010?

It is essential, in this time of great turmoil, with nasty injuries and the probably activation of a rusty, forgotten, no-name, second-string QB (who will probably line up behind a Guard instead of the Center) that we all stay in touch with reality.

Have you forgotten we have a 40 year old brett? Not 25

If Brett still has some in the tank Moss sure as hell does too

lovesmesomevikes is offline Waterboy

Texas Viking wrote:
    Is it crazy talk to want to see Joe Webb in there and take a few snaps if TJack is not producing? Webb had a pretty impressive preseason, it would be fun to see a QB that isnít afraid to run when he has too. Brett has done nothing impressive in the passing game this year, so that wonít be any worse, and he has the skill to hand it off to AP, so why not? I think he is the future of the Vikings. With the way the Bears and Packs are playing, might as well get him some experience for the rest of this season and let him start the next. He has as much chance as any to win our division.
    I would love to see that......honestly if (yep I play that game) we had a running QB (or used a RB, duh) on our final drive we would scored a TD 4 sure.
    None

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast