Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    I hope all the gutless and brainless "experts" who were joyfully piling on Favre today feel real good about themselves.

Real good.
    Actually an avulsion fracture is a bone chip.
    A stress fracture is something that has likely been present before the injury last night.

He finished the game on it.

Unless Childress wants him out, he may start again Sunday.

Not that it's going to make any difference in the outcome.
    Wait a minute, wait a minute, our good friend Infidel has been spouting it was that "Brutal" hit that caused the ankle to break.

Are you, a medical doctor, going to raise the bullshit flag on all that drivel he has beens spewing forth.....

......snicker......you crack me up doc. :woohoo:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    I hope all the gutless and brainless "experts" who were joyfully piling on Favre today feel real good about themselves.

Real good.
    A stress fracture is something that has likely been present before the injury last night.

Wait a minute, wait a minute, our good friend Infidel has been spouting it was that "Brutal" hit that caused the ankle to break.

Are you, a medical doctor, going to raise the bullshit flag on all that drivel he has beens spewing forth.....

Did he examine Favre?

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

Real good.
    He's the one who pushed the trainers away and went out there as if nothing was wrong.

Real professional.
    Nice job blaming Favre AGAIN. It is the coaches responsibility to bench him.
    Yes, I blame him. Its his foot/ankle for cripes sake.

And I agree with your second sentence. This is gonna come to a head one way or the other I think. I just hope it isn't to late to save the season however it works out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves wrote:
    Surgery is not required and Childress said: "Once he's functional he can play. ... I wouldn't rule anything out in terms of the end of the week. I don't really have a time framework on it."
    I think it's time to let the consecutive start streak end. Surely TJ is better than a broken down old man. Let the guy heal and maybe he can help us later in the season...maybe.

Throw TJ into Foxborough and see how he does. Really, he can only be a hero in this situation. If he loses, its expected. I think TJ does his best when expectations are low. Not sure how Moss will respond to him though.
    Well I don't think everyone expects him to loose and I remember how Randy and another strong armed QB synched when alot of us thought all was lost when our starter went down in 98.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

Real good.

Did he examine Favre?
    I think he did. One of those remote scanner thingamajibs.

ultravikingfan wrote:
    I heard the Ref came over to the sideline and gave him a Hulk Hogan elbow drop on his ankle.

That was the icing on the cake and further proof the Refs cost us the game.
    A great football post with humor, now this. You really got your "A" game going today my friend.

On a side note, how bout them Browns. The town must be in a tizzy right about now.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Surgery is not required and Childress said: "Once he's functional he can play. ... I wouldn't rule anything out in terms of the end of the week. I don't really have a time framework on it."
    I think it's time to let the consecutive start streak end. Surely TJ is better than a broken down old man. Let the guy heal and maybe he can help us later in the season...maybe.

Throw TJ into Foxborough and see how he does. Really, he can only be a hero in this situation. If he loses, its expected. I think TJ does his best when expectations are low. Not sure how Moss will respond to him though.
    Well I don't think everyone expects him to loose and I remember how Randy and another strong armed QB synched when alot of us thought all was lost when our starter went down in 98.
    I would bet the majority of the football watching world would expect us to lose with TJ starting, with Favre as well for that matter. Just like the majority of the football watching world expected Cleveland to lose to the Saints (survivor died for me on that one). Doesn't mean he will lose, just that there won't be a lot of expectations that we should win. Not trying to steal your optimism away, just pointing out that TJ seems to have an issue with pressure built from expectations and I think that will be somewhat removed from him in this game.

I don't think this is the same Randy that you remember. This one came to MN for Favre, not for TJ. This one doesn't fly by defenders, mostly just beats them in 1-on-1 battles if the throw allows it.

Also, does TJ really throw a good long ball?

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Mardro said:

I just hope it isn't to late to save the season however it works out.

What is it you want to save?

We were headed for 7-9.

Now that we've got Moss, I figure we might make 9-7.

Did you have unrealistic expectations at some point?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:

I would bet the majority of the football watching world would expect us to lose with TJ starting, with Favre as well for that matter. Just like the majority of the football watching world expected Cleveland to lose to the Saints (survivor died for me on that one). Doesn't mean he will lose, just that there won't be a lot of expectations that we should win. Not trying to steal your optimism away, just pointing out that TJ seems to have an issue with pressure built from expectations and I think that will be somewhat removed from him in this game.

I don't think this is the same Randy that you remember. This one came to MN for Favre, not for TJ. This one doesn't fly by defenders, mostly just beats them in 1-on-1 battles if the throw allows it.

Also, does TJ really throw a good long ball?
    As always, some really good discussion points.

Most thought, if you remember, that we were crazy to bring RC in because he was basically washed up after being out of football and in a counter building trade.

Like all of us, the experts and arm chair HC's were wrong on that one.

And I agree, Randy isn't 98 Randy, but he is still pretty damn fast and was behind defenders at least 3 times last night without getting a ball thrown his way.

Lets hope TJ's cannon can exploit that little bit that is still in the tank.

Besides, at this point in the season, optimism and hope is all I have left right now. Can't afford to drink any more than I already am. :laugh:

Infidel wrote:
    Mardro said:

I just hope it isn't to late to save the season however it works out.

What is it you want to save?

We were headed for 7-9.

Now that we've got Moss, I figure we might make 9-7.

Did you have unrealistic expectations at some point?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    WTF. I'm a Vikings fan. Have been since 61. Of course I have unrealistic expectations.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast