Blog Entries

Re: Favre has fractured ankle.

singersp wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    No, that first report twisted it to sound like he was refusing to get on the plane unless he was starting.

That was simply untrue.

That's totally different from "AS HE BOARDED he said he wouldn't be getting on the plane if he wasn't starting."

Anyhow, I can't believe he's truly healed.

They're gonna shoot him full of painkiller and send him out on a frozen ankle.

How can that possibly work?

I have a bad feeling about this game.

I wonder how many of the players have a bad feeling?

I wonder how that impacts the performance of the team?

Whatever the details of how it all shakes out.....I think we're screwed.
    I know what you are trying to say, but the bottom line was if TJ had already been given the nod, Favre wouldn't go with the team. "As he was boarding" means he already knows he will be or he wouldn't have been there to ask.

I have a bad feeling as well about this game as well, so you at least agree with me on that. As I said earlier, this very well could be Favre's Waterloo.

Gotta agree with Cris Carter on this one also. "Favre is putting himself first", before what's good for the team, so we are going to see a damaged product out on the field somewhere between 50%-80%.

We know that a 100% healthy Favre is capable of playing craptacular, so one has to wonder what a a 50%-80% healthy Favre will do.
    And that is the problem with this coach. If he can't gain control over Brett then what is he going to do when push comes to shove with Jared Allen, Hutch,Moss etc? We already know what happened with Birk and I think things are going to come to a head if we don't win this game.
    If the coach doesn't have control over his players, then you need a new coach.

However, as much as I'd like to see Childress gone, a coach can't excercise his power if the owner of the team, Zygi Wilf (who paid 20+ million to have Favre play)
    mandates that if Favre wants to play, he will play regardless of what the coaches think.
    Are you saying that you know for certain that is the case or are you pulling it out of [strike]your a$$[/strike]thin air?
    What? The last part?

LOL! You need to chill down. The last two statements are "IF" statements. Read them again.

Simply put, an owner of the team has power over his head coaches.

In other words, If an owner wants player "X" to play & player "X" wants to play as well, player "X" is going to be playing regardless of what the HC thinks.

Owner trumps HC

Can you give me an example where that wouldn't be true?
    I would hope that no owner would mandate to his coach that he has to play any player no matter how poorly he plays and I am not aware of any such case on any team.

One example would be the Redskins where Haynesworth was kept from playing in the preseason until his performance improved. I guess if you can show me a case where the owner mandated a player would start over the coaches wishes I would be interested to hear it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    No, that first report twisted it to sound like he was refusing to get on the plane unless he was starting.

That was simply untrue.

That's totally different from "AS HE BOARDED he said he wouldn't be getting on the plane if he wasn't starting."

I know what you are trying to say, but the bottom line was if TJ had already been given the nod, Favre wouldn't go with the team. "As he was boarding" means he already knows he will be or he wouldn't have been there to ask.

I have a bad feeling as well about this game as well, so you at least agree with me on that. As I said earlier, this very well could be Favre's Waterloo.

Gotta agree with Cris Carter on this one also. "Favre is putting himself first", before what's good for the team, so we are going to see a damaged product out on the field somewhere between 50%-80%.

We know that a 100% healthy Favre is capable of playing craptacular, so one has to wonder what a a 50%-80% healthy Favre will do.
    And that is the problem with this coach. If he can't gain control over Brett then what is he going to do when push comes to shove with Jared Allen, Hutch,Moss etc? We already know what happened with Birk and I think things are going to come to a head if we don't win this game.

However, as much as I'd like to see Childress gone, a coach can't excercise his power if the owner of the team, Zygi Wilf (who paid 20+ million to have Favre play)
    mandates that if Favre wants to play, he will play regardless of what the coaches think.
    Are you saying that you know for certain that is the case or are you pulling it out of [strike]your a$$[/strike]thin air?
    What? The last part?

LOL! You need to chill down. The last two statements are "IF" statements. Read them again.

In other words, If an owner wants player "X" to play & player "X" wants to play as well, player "X" is going to be playing regardless of what the HC thinks.

Owner trumps HC

I would hope that no owner would mandate to his coach that he has to play any player no matter how poorly he plays and I am not aware of any such case on any team.

One example would be the Redskins where Haynesworth was kept from playing in the preseason until his performance improved. I guess if you can show me a case where the owner mandated a player would start over the coaches wishes I would be interested to hear it.
    Unfortunately some owners "want to" & "do get" involved in everyday things that go on, even though they aren't knowledgeable enough to make those decisions.

Al Davis & Jerry Jones come to mind.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

singersp wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

That was simply untrue.

What? The last part?

Owner trumps HC

Unfortunately some owners "want to" & "do get" involved in everyday things that go on, even though they aren't knowledgeable enough to make those decisions.

Al Davis & Jerry Jones come to mind.
    they may be controlling but I still don't remember them mandating that a player be put on the field even when the coach didn't want them to. Well, Davis maybe when Kiffin was the coach but then again Davis is nuts and I don't think Childress is that type of owner.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Favre will play again next week. We know this.
    We're bringing purple back.

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

gregair13 wrote:
    absolutly no doubt
    None

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

jrjohn wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    absolutly no doubt
    Which body part will he hurt next week?

He's got a bad ankle, a bad elbow, now an injured head.

What's next? The other leg or arm? Ribs? ... Hip? Can you imagine the jokes if he hurt his hip? Almost as many as if he had a groin injury.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Mr Anderson wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    absolutly no doubt

What's next? The other leg or arm? Ribs? ... Hip? Can you imagine the jokes if he hurt his hip? Almost as many as if he had a groin injury.
    His anus?

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

ultravikingfan wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    jrjohn wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    absolutly no doubt

His anus?
    I think there are a few people on here who'd kiss that boo-boo.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:
    You're assuming Childress has balls.

This is a coach who fired a player on Xmas eve & had did it over the phone. Couldn't even grow the balls to do face to face.
    My, how that legend has grown.

By this time next year, the story will be that the player was released by Childress via a singing elf telegram in the middle of Christmas dinner with Tiny Tim.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

What About Harvin's Ankle???????

Maybe we should be concerned about Harvin's ankle.

What the hell did they do......shoot his ankle full of painkillers?

Stupid bastards could end a career that way.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast